Can we agree that captain America has out supermaned Superman.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I think we all know Superman cannot be surpassed as an icon in general. But for right NOW Cap has got him beat.

it's possible, but consider the following:

- MOS came out only 7 years after superman returns, which was widely regarded as a colossal blunder. the 'batman and robin' of the superman franchise so to speak, totally killing it for the time being.

- MOS was the SIXTH live action superman movie to be released in theaters.

- MOS was an origin story movie in a post-Avengers world. by this time the other big time superhero franchises were already way past that doing big time story arcs and entering into crossover territory. fukkin batman had already retired! and yet here's this new superman movie coming out and we're doing the origin story AGAIN! Krypton, Jor-el, General Zod... AGAIN! Who doesn't already know this story???

and yet despite all that... this movie had a domestic opening weekend of $114,000,000

a reboot origin tale we've already witnessed countless times before actually broke the june box office record.

safe to say that the general public still has a soft spot for superman.

no doubt in my mind that a solo superman movie could break a billi if it's a truly great movie.

Last edited:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Comic book fans, please tell me this plot they got going where Captain America was secretly Hydra all along is gonna be retconned soon :snoop:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

- MOS came out only 7 years after superman returns, which was widely regarded as a colossal blunder. the 'batman and robin' of the superman franchise so to speak, totally killing it for the time being.

- MOS was an origin story movie in a post-Avengers world. by this time the other big time superhero franchises were already way past that doing big time story arcs and entering into crossover territory. fukkin batman had already retired! and yet here's this new superman movie coming out and we're doing the origin story AGAIN! Krypton, Jor-el, General Zod... AGAIN! Who doesn't already know this story???

and yet despite all that... this movie had a domestic opening weekend of $114,000,000

a reboot origin tale we've already witnessed countless times before actually broke the june box office record.

no doubt in my mind that a solo superman movie could break a billi if it's a truly great movie.
He was just in a movie with Batman and Wonder Woman. I mean making a 'great' movie is a tall order the most you can ask for is good and if that's what it takes now? "Damn homie, back in high school you were the man homie . . ."
This being a conversation is a miracle, Cap is not the top MU guy and Supes is the main DCU guy. Shyt done changed.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
This is just something that keeps getting repeated and yet I've never seen one single point made. Just a half baked sentence with no rhyme or reason or actually point being made.

One marvel stan said it because he thought it sounded good and then other marvel stans ran with it.

So captain American is a mass murderer yet he's out supermanning superman?

I'm confused.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
He was just in a movie with Batman and Wonder Woman. I mean making a 'great' movie is a tall order the most you can ask for is good and if that's what it takes now? "Damn homie, back in high school you were the man homie . . ."
This being a conversation is a miracle, Cap is not the top MU guy and Supes is the main DCU guy. Shyt done changed.

i agree, but be that as it may... 10-15 years from now... or whenever they do decide to reboot captain america with a new actor... i can't see it being a smash hit. cap is having a run now but once the MCU thing dies down... that's gonna be it for cap movies.

whereas superman movies will be cash cows from now until eternity.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
i agree, but be that as it may... 10-15 years from now... or whenever they do decide to reboot captain america with a new actor... i can't see it being a smash hit. cap is having a run now but once the MCU thing dies down... that's gonna be it for cap movies.

whereas superman movies will be cash cows from now until eternity.
10-15 years from now 2 generation of kids will have grown up with a great Cap and an ever present MCU. Really, Supes gotta reboot successfully and soon or he might be Shazam/Captain Marvel status by then,

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
This is just something that keeps getting repeated and yet I've never seen one single point made. Just a half baked sentence with no rhyme or reason or actually point being made.

One marvel stan said it because he thought it sounded good and then other marvel stans ran with it.

So captain American is a mass murderer yet he's out supermanning superman?

I'm confused.

2 things...... So #ALM and #RLM (Alien Lives Matter and Robot Lives Matter)?:ohhh:

and Soldiers signed up and who serve our country to defend us against foreign threats, aint supposed to kill in "kill or be killed situations"?:jbhmm:
Especially when the enemy is hostile and invading:damn:

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You're exaggerating Supernan Return's failure.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
Iron Man outperforms Batman too:manny:

i personally like the way superman has been portrayed though. DC just should've waited until The MCU wave dies down after infinity war