Can the majority of males reach a 315 bench press in their lifetime?(Updated from 405 to 315)

Can majority of men hit 315 with enough dedication?

• Yes you can hit 315 with enough dedication

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Hell naw most nikkas is weak out here

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
315 or 405?
Either one

Its not even about getting that strong. Someone who can throw up 225 for 10-12 reps can probably train to get up to 315 no problem. But that shyt is hell on your joints and forces u to assume a lot of risk. Requires u to either be very smart and meticulous about your training or genetically blessed... both of which are very rare, based on the # of dudes I see bouncing bytch weight off their sternums

Daps
Either one

Its not even about getting that strong. Someone who can throw up 225 for 10-12 reps can probably train to get up to 315 no problem. But that shyt is hell on your joints and forces u to assume a lot of risk. Requires u to either be very smart and meticulous about your training or genetically blessed... both of which are very rare, based on the # of dudes I see bouncing bytch weight off their sternums

So do you lift 315+ or do you just stick with 225 for reps?

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The "average" man in America is overweight to obese:francis:
So no the average man could likely not hit that without serious dedication and lifestyle changes.

The average varsity HS - collegiate athlete perhaps, (including all sports not just football), perhaps, a majority of those could with just increasing focus on bench and intensity.

Couth

I gave her D she got mad
Daps
315 is def possible for the average male if he applied himself.

i was putting up 305x3 at 15. And i got long arms. And i was the weakest person in my lifting group. And i had only been lifting for a year before that.

So if i can do that the average male should def be able to do it with some dedication.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats why im trying to see what group of people he talking about he said athletes,but I disagree

I dunno, I'm not super strong, and I'm not some freakish athlete, but I'd say I'm more in the realm of general fitness. I'm around 171-174 right now. My max chinup set is like 13-14, and I bang out at least 3-4 reps of 205 on flat bench.

I've got more a runner's build. If I got back to seriously eating calories and cutting down on the cardio, I'm sure I could get my lifting back on point. I pretty much lift to maintain somewhat of a strength base and because I enjoy it.

However most bodyweight exercises are easier for untrained people because if you're lighter you can get away with doing more

Daps
I dunno, I'm not super strong, and I'm not some freakish athlete, but I'd say I'm more in the realm of general fitness. I'm around 171-174 right now. My max chinup set is like 13-14, and I bang out at least 3-4 reps of 205 on flat bench.

I've got more a runner's build. If I got back to seriously eating calories and cutting down on the cardio, I'm sure I could get my lifting back on point. I pretty much lift to maintain somewhat of a strength base and because I enjoy it.

However most bodyweight exercises are easier for untrained people because if you're lighter you can get away with doing more

You strong for your weight and build breh,and to the average ,man you hella strong so you good money.

Yea I agree with being light and that being a factor in helping you with bodyweight exercises,but I know some cats 200+ who can do chins and pulls easy as hell too

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And honestly, I think if someone really wanted to make it a goal they could do it. They would have to probably become fat fukks to do it, but yes. I know some genetically blessed people that are lifetime natural that have hit 315 before, but most of the time you probably just have to train for it and become a fat fukk to get it done.

I know I'll prolly never do it because I couldn't give two shyts about benching 315, but it would be cool to do

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You strong for your weight and build breh,and to the average ,man you hella strong so you good money.

Yea I agree with being light and that being a factor in helping you with bodyweight exercises,but I know some cats 200+ who can do chins and pulls easy as hell too

Thanks man I appreciate that alot. :francis: I'm a tough critic of myself. My goal is to do 20 dead hang pull ups. Been working on it for months but I've stalled. If I seriously wanna do it I think I'll have to lose another 5-10 pounds, but at the moment I'm just maintaining.

There are some people who are just super fukking strong. I do a lot of weighted chins, and I feel for the endurance sets I would just have to lose more weight to get stronger, but for strength sets more weight would come in handy.

Daps
And honestly, I think if someone really wanted to make it a goal they could do it. They would have to probably become fat fukks to do it, but yes. I know some genetically blessed people that are lifetime natural that have hit 315 before, but most of the time you probably just have to train for it and become a fat fukk to get it done.

I know I'll prolly never do it because I couldn't give two shyts about benching 315, but it would be cool to do

You dont necessarily have to become fat to hit 315,I know a cat lean 6'0 185 who can hit it

Daps
Thanks man I appreciate that alot. :francis: I'm a tough critic of myself. My goal is to do 20 dead hang pull ups. Been working on it for months but I've stalled. If I seriously wanna do it I think I'll have to lose another 5-10 pounds, but at the moment I'm just maintaining.

There are some people who are just super fukking strong. I do a lot of weighted chins, and I feel for the endurance sets I would just have to lose more weight to get stronger, but for strength sets more weight would come in handy.

No doubt breh,alot of people dont think they strong,but in real life they are.

So are you more of a calisthenics type, or you just mix weights and calisthenics?