Can someone explain Drake's thought process behind the Whitney, Dave Free and Top Dawg angles?

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
I thought even the Taylor Swift and G-Checking angles were pointless too but I can see what he was attempting to do.

Did he feel he had to get personal because of the Pusha T battle or something because none of that shyt makes a lick of sense. It just felt like he was throwing shyt at the wall to see what sticks. Kendrick just rebutted all of it with more offense and invalidated his claims at the Pop Out.

I don't think he had any dirt on Kendrick which explains why his best performance in the entire battle was the second verse on Family Matters which was essentially filler. He bodied all those nikkas but no one cared about any of them.
He was really, really tryna keep it PG
He was really, really tryna keep it PG

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Let’s not overlook ridiculing these struggle bars from No Heart

You mentionin' A minor, but nikkas gotta B sharp and tell the fans, "Who was it?"
You thought you left D flat, D major

:mjlol:
LJby1RT.gif

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Her being there discredits Drake's disses regardless.

That's why Top was there.
And Dave Free was the first name listed in the producer credit.

If Drake had the ability to discredit anything Kendrick said it would have worked, but he didn't.
It didn't discredit anything. Victims of domestic violence often still remain around the person abusing them. Also If she did cheat or kendrick cheated she would still have access because at least one of the kids belongs to kendrick if not both. Top could very well still have half in the contract and Dave Free could of still hit his bytch. Just because they still do business don't mean shyt lol.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
It didn't discredit anything. Victims of domestic violence often still remain around the person abusing them. Also If she did cheat or kendrick cheated she would still have access because at least one of the kids belongs to kendrick if not both. Top could very well still have half in the contract and Dave Free could of still hit his bytch. Just because they still do business don't mean shyt lol.
The discussion about victims of domestic violence sticking around isn't being had anywhere other than the coli.

Them being there worked in his favor in the general public.

I know you guys like argue just for the sake of arguing but it's over :pachaha:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I thought even the Taylor Swift and G-Checking angles were pointless too but I can see what he was attempting to do.

Did he feel he had to get personal because of the Pusha T battle or something because none of that shyt makes a lick of sense. It just felt like he was throwing shyt at the wall to see what sticks. Kendrick just rebutted all of it with more offense and invalidated his claims at the Pop Out.

I don't think he had any dirt on Kendrick which explains why his best performance in the entire battle was the second verse on Family Matters which was essentially filler. He bodied all those nikkas but no one cared about any of them.

It was always going to get personal on record, don’t convince yourself otherwise. What long history of non-personal battles do we really have?

Kendrick never rebutted anything on record, which is one of my knocks on his performance. Even on Euphoria, he responds to the “splits” angle with “well show me yours first!”

it was a super effective strategy as it is hard in any competition to play defense and still win unless you are ahead by a ton

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
The discussion about victims of domestic violence sticking around isn't being had anywhere other than the coli.

Them being there worked in his favor in the general public.

I know you guys like argue just for the sake of arguing but it's over :pachaha:
You are either a liar or you live in California.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps

That's all cool but these ideas literally all came from Drake's brain.
None of these things were a thing before Drake conjured them up from nothing.

Gangstar8

Superstar
Daps
I want to know what he was think with the Dave Free shyt, he could've skated away with the bodyguard thing its vague enough to be plausable but DAVE FREE? :why: :dead:

Dave freeeeeeeeeeeeee
Nah that was facts

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
That's all cool but these ideas literally all came from Drake's brain.
None of these things were a thing before Drake conjured them up from nothing.
Nope the domestic violence shyt was out but was ignored years ago because his label wrote that check. The shyt with Dave Free wasn't know but I heard people speculate.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nope the domestic violence shyt was out but was ignored years ago because his label wrote that check.

Huh? :what:

I'm gonna need receipts because the DV sh*t was based on a rumor Kendrick beat up some chick at a hotel like 10 years ago.

But Mediafakeout couldn't confirm the girl that claimed to be an employee ever worked there, and couldn't find whoever he supposedly beat up.

Fred.

DapMeUp!

Superstar
Daps
Nope the domestic violence shyt was out but was ignored years ago because his label wrote that check. The shyt with Dave Free wasn't know but I heard people speculate.

Please show me where there is any reports of Kendrick beating on Whitney before this beef.
I'm open to be proved wrong.

As for the Dave Free shyt I guarantee you can't find anybody speculating on that before this.,...Barely anyone knew who he was before this :heh:

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
This was another line that honestly bothered tf outta me. Ive always wondered this too

type to throw anyone under the bus just to save face.

he did the same shyt a couple bars later with the mj/prince line. tried to flip it on some weak clever shyt but all them years talking about he approaching mj and about to pass mj now you wanna throw dirt on his name for the sake of trying to be witty foh:camby:

whats crazy too is that other than the ovhoe flock coming to back him. Mack & Stunna the only ones to support drake when the beef popped off so it was lame of frail to send a stray at CMB
I don't think that was a shot at Wayne.

That's a play off the Wayne stunner album like father like son.. He's saying top dawg is robbing Kendrick and top dawg stuck up the place Kendrick Dad was working at