Can i get a quick refresher on why TLR is MAGA all of a sudden?

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
here you go @Everythingg and the rest of the MAGA clan:

List of Obama-era civil rights initiatives that the Trump Administration has rolled back

Here's a list of Obama-era civil rights initiatives and rules that the Trump admin has rolled back so far:

• One of the first things Trump did when he got into office was reverse Obama's criminal justice initiatives related to closing private federal prisons and he also stopped all investigations into police departments having been excused of brutality.
  • He had the Justice Department drop its long-standing positions and investigations into voter ID laws meant to keep blacks from voting.
  • Trump's Department of Housing and Urban Development rescinded a proposed Obama-era rule that would have required more justification for public housing agencies seeking to demolish public housing projects in urban communities.
  • Trump reversed a rule requiring large companies to report worker pay by race and gender in order to decrease the wage gap through greater pay transparency.
  • Repealed Obama-era regulation that restricted drug-testing for job seekers receiving unemployment benefits.
  • Trump rescinded Obama’s 2014 Fair Pay and Safe Workplaces meant to apply 14 labor and civil rights laws to federal contractors, who now will no longer have to provide documentation of their workplace practices.
  • Rescinded an Obama-era Justice Department letter that asked local courts across the country to be wary of slapping poor defendants with fines and fees to fill their jurisdictions’ coffers.
  • The Department of Labor changed its interpretation of a law regulating when contractors can be held liable for employment and civil rights law violations
  • Overturned the sweeping criminal charging policy of former attorney general Eric H. Holder Jr. and directed his federal prosecutors to charge defendants with the most serious, provable crimes carrying the most severe penalties
  • Attorney General Jeff Sessions ordered Justice Department officials to nix reform agreements with troubled police forces nationwide.
  • Gutted Lifeline, the program dedicated to bringing phone and internet service within reach for people of color, low-income people, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, with particularly egregious consequences for tribal areas. They also voted to eliminate several rules promoting competition and diversity in the broadcast media, undermining ownership chances for women and people of color.
  • the Trump administration announced it would terminate the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) designation in 18 months for approximately 59,000 Haitians living in the United States.
  • the Trump administration released new guidelines that allow states to seek waivers to require Medicaid recipients to work – requirements that represent a throwback to rejected racial stereotypes.
  • the administration announced its decision to bar citizens from Haiti from receiving H2-A and H2-B visas.
  • the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Education released a new Case Processing Manual (CPM) that creates greater hurdles for people filing complaints and allows dismissal of civil rights complaints based on the number of times an individual has filed.
  • Attorney General Sessions announced the Justice Department’s ‘school safety’ plan – a plan that civil rights advocates criticized as militarizing schools, overpolicing children, and harming students, disproportionately students of color.
  • Secretary Ben Carson proposed changes to federal housing subsidies that could triple rent for some households in urban communities and make it easier to impose work requirements.
  • the Department of Housing and Urban Development announced it would be publishing three separate notices to indefinitely suspend implementation of the 2015 Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule.
  • Secretary Ben Carson proposed changes to the Obama-era Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule, which aimed to combat segregation in housing policy.
  • the Department of Justice filed a statement of interest opposing a consent decree negotiated by Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan to overhaul the Chicago Police Department.
  • the Department of Justice ended its agreement to monitor the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County and the Shelby County Detention Center in Tennessee, which addressed discrimination against Black youth, unsafe conditions, and no due process at hearings.
We also went from Obama appointing a record breaking number of BLACK JUDGES to life time court appointments to a record number of suspected white supremacists being appointed to the highest courts and cabinet.

The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights opposed the following Trump nominees:

Confirmed:

Also this:

Trump Officials Reverse Obama’s Policy on Affirmative Action in Schools

How many times are you going to spam this post

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
here you go @Everythingg and the rest of the MAGA clan:
  • One of the first things Trump did when he got into office was reverse Obama's criminal justice initiatives related to closing private federal prisons and he also stopped all investigations into police departments having been excused of brutality.

One by one. You try to bring long lists to muddy u things... What "criminal justice initiatives" did he roll back specifically?

And did Obama's "investigations" ever convict anyone of wrongdoing? Im asking these things honestly because I think so lowly of yalls thinking process that I dont expect yal to be able to quantify the majority of your beliefs...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Black kids are eating crap inside and outside of school. Again is that the best thing you can do? The gov't shutdown happened THIS YEAR and yall have been whining about him for 3 years now.. That aint it. Just man up and say you cant quantify why he's the boogieman yall try to make him out to be.

And again to be clear, since most of yall are "this or that with no in between" type of thinkers, I do not trust Trump. I do not think he likes black people or that he's for black people. But I dont think any president is and feel that this is the attitude that black people should start having instead of expecting a politician in this country that has told them for 400 years they dont belong to come around and save/help them...

Im willing to hear you out on the net neutrality even though that affects everyone and I asked what did specifically against black people. And I ask that specifically because people on here act as if you're an agent if you dont treat Trump as the boogeyman.

I'd like to see what you have concerning prison reform and "unfair drug sentencing" that they rolled back because last I heard, he was pardoning people....

@Rhakim

dj-method-x

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One by one. You try to bring long lists to muddy u things... What "criminal justice initiatives" did he roll back specifically?

And did Obama's "investigations" ever convict anyone of wrongdoing? Im asking these things honestly because I think so lowly of yalls thinking process that I dont expect yal to be able to quantify the majority of your beliefs...

It says specifically in the portion that you quoted, that he reversed Obama's initiative to close private federal prisons.

The investigations you asked about, were not meant to convict anybody, only JUDGES can do that. The investigations were meant to identify systematic misconduct in police departments that would require court-appointment monitors to correct, and release their findings publicly. For example, they found systematic misconduct in the Ferguson PD (Mike Brown), Chicago PD, Baltimore PD, San Fransico PD, etc. From that, reform agreements were made. There were about 10-15 other police departments that were due to have public reports released, court-appointed monitors, and reform agreements made. Trump nixed all of that and also nixed the reform agreements that were already made.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
No black peoples would not be voting conservative?

What conservative values doe black peoples hold

Black folk are an ultra progressive people

Conservatism by definition is keeping the status quo

The economy is moving at the same place it has since 2014. Trump has nothing to do with economy

Actually his tax policies and trade war will tank the eve only when they fully cycle through the system

Trump didn’t sort out shyt with NK.
And NK ain’t a threat to America

America’s biggest threat is Russia which Trump works for

Fukk Maga and nikkas saying Dems are just as bad

But you arguing against most Black ppl not having conservative values shows you ain’t grow up around working class Black ppl

That shyt is unfortunately true

When ppl say progressive and conservative you know exactly what values they’re talking about

That status quo nonsense is juelzing

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

List is muddying things:russ:

Clearly you are an intellectual

Would you prefer cards with pictures on them?

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
I just did my taxes and I have a couple thousand reasons to hate trump right about now. He and the Republican Congress fukked me over by capping mortgage interest and property tax write offs. The extra $30 in my paycheck definitely wasn't worth it.

All of what you just said depends on how much you make a year, what a "couple thousand" really refers to, as well the changes you say he implemented. But those things affect everyone. I was asking for the things that affected black people specifically since you automatically become a cac, c00n, or agent the moment you dont treat Trump as the boogeyman...

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
All of what you just said depends on how much you make a year, what a "couple thousand" really refers to, as well the changes you say he implemented. But those things affect everyone. I was asking for the things that affected black people specifically since you automatically become a cac, c00n, or agent the moment you dont treat Trump as the boogeyman...

It's not just about how much I make, it's also about how much I can deduct being a homeowner.

Even though you want to specifically address changes that affect black people I think this is still worth mentioning since this change probably affects millions of black homeowners who are getting a direct hit in their wallets come April 15th.

ELESDEE616

Nikkas snitch on the coli like they name is Kobe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kobe snitched on Shaq
Marx warned yall :ufdup:

essentially parasitical group was largely the remains of older, obsolete stages of social development, and that it could not normally play a progressive role in history. Indeed, because it acted only out of socially ignorant self-interest, the lumpenproletariatwas easily bribed by reactionary forces and could be used to combat the true proletariat in its efforts to bring about the end of bourgeois society. Without a clear class-consciousness, the lumpenproletariat could not play a positive role in society. Instead, it exploited society for its own ends, and was in turn exploited as a tool of destruction and reaction.

Lumpenproletariat - Wikipedia

^

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
List is muddying things:russ:

Clearly you are an intellectual

Would you prefer cards with pictures on them?

Yes when I ask for something specific and you bring a 500 line list of generalities, that is muddying it up which is why I asked to start one by one. Did you want to pick up there or rather you me go along with your emotions?
:jbhmm: