Can Cliff Paul insure the sun’s shine when the reign show out? #2 Suns vs the 7th Seed Theory Lakers

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
What are you even talking about? Your hot take does make sense cause you are talking as if unforeseen circumstances did not change the Lakers coming into the off. Promise you this would be a completely different series had Lakers not been injured or Dennis being a dumbass. Matter of fact Lakers would not even be the 7th seed or facing Suns.

Only fact is the Lakers been having trouble with is their offense, but guess what? These problems were actually there last year hidden by great performances by a healthy Lebron and AD. Lakers shooters always been this inconsistent :francis:

The Lakers weren't beating the Suns even if they weren't injured :mjlol:

People have been brushing off and disregarding the Suns all season long. They are a top 10 team in both offense and defense for a reason. It's the reason why some of us have been saying that CP3 was the MVP as the Suns would not have the same success without him. Look how lost they looked on offense when Payne was in running the show.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Last time I was in that arena it was pre-covid and the Suns were getting blown out by 30 to the Kings in the second quarter. Now we're in the pl got the reigning champs in shambles and I've somehow found myself rooting for Cameron Payne in the playoffs:dwillhuh:

The CP3 effect.

They weren't going to have even close to the same success had Rubio been the PG and orchestrating the offense instead.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This has to be one of the dumbest things ever posted in here.....and that's saying a lot

Only on the coli would it be seen as a good thing to NOT make it to the Finals....

Say that shyt out loud.....ITS A GOKD THING TO NOT MAKE THE FINALS

:gucci:

Would lebron be looked at better or worse if he was 4-0 in the finals with 4 mvps vs 4-6 in the finals with 4 mvps

think first

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
The Lakers weren't beating the Suns even if they weren't injured :mjlol:

People have been brushing off and disregarding the Suns all season long. They are a top 10 team in both offense and defense for a reason. It's the reason why some of us have been saying that CP3 was the MVP as the Suns would not have the same success without him. Look how lost they looked on offense when Payne was in running the show.

Credit to the Suns, they are a good team but there is no way in hell I am believing that at all. This Lakers squad relies on AD and Lebron being healthy, whole team is really built around them. With one of them or both of them hurt, its a completely different team just like that. It would be the same as last year, Aint no Rondo,Dwight, Mcgee, and Green winning games by themselves in the offs or regular season with a hobbled Bron and AD:francis:.

I literally do not care for Lakers letting those bum ass dudes go, except Dwight.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Credit to the Suns, they are a good team but there is no way in hell I am believing that at all. This Lakers squad relies on AD and Lebron being healthy, whole team is really built around them. With one of them or both of them hurt, its a completely different team just like that. It would be the same as last year, Aint no Rondo,Dwight, Mcgee, and Green winning games by themselves in the offs or regular season with a hobbled Bron and AD:francis:.

I literally do not care for Lakers letting those bum ass dudes go, except Dwight.

You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Suns were the 2nd best team in the league with a top 10 offense and defense. They weren't going to be an easy out by any means, so it's laughable that people thought that the Lakers were going to beat them in 6 with Bron and AD.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC

2020-21 Phoenix Suns Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

3rd in SRS (the number that matters more than anything)
2nd in Record
5th in Offense
9th in Defense
3rd in Net Rating

Don't believe what happened over 72 games and willingly be stupid brehs :francis:

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
CP3 is a mercenary. Did it last year in OKC and now this year with my squad.

James Jones (and Monty) put together a team where each move in isolation might've looked :patrice:. But then once it all came together is a strong team.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Anyway, quick explanation for people that really care.

You're average fan looks at the Win-Loss column to determine who the best team is. This is misleading.

Everything in basketball comes down to point differential. If you could drill down to the lowest level basketball is basically about differences in points per possession. To win, you find the most dominant lineups you can and beat the other team. Simple.

SRS takes your point differential and adjusts it based on the schedule. It's also logarithmic. So a 3 SRS team isn't "twice" as good as a 1.5SRS team, it's a little more than that. And a 9 SRS team is so difficult to achieve and is far more than 3 times better than a 3 SRS team.

If you know a team's SRS or point differential, you can take a good guess as to how many wins a team will have in the season. SRS isn't perfect, but it's a good place to start and this is how Vegas sets O/U lines. Superstar players warp SRS the most. Coaches, especially bad ones are obvious since they always underperform. SRS doesn't predict playoff success. But it does tell you how lopsided the chances of winning should be.

A healthy Lakers team would have been a top 3 seed in the West. Unfortunately, the issue vs Phoenix is that some of the Lakers players are unplayable in the matchup. People keep screaming for Harrell to get more burn but him and Kuzma can't play together without 1 of Lebron or AD on the court. When Phx plays Cam Johnson one of those dudes is useless. Lakers basically need them to go lights out or else. The higher you get in SRS the more "matchup" proof your team becomes. Once you start seeing teams in the 8+ SRS range you should think championship is a serious thing and they are downright dominant. 10+ is basically All Time level.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
2020-21 Phoenix Suns Roster and Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

3rd in SRS (the number that matters more than anything)
2nd in Record
5th in Offense
9th in Defense
3rd in Net Rating

Don't believe what happened over 72 games and willingly be stupid brehs :francis:

You can deny it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Suns were the 2nd best team in the league with a top 10 offense and defense. They weren't going to be an easy out by any means, so it's laughable that people thought that the Lakers were going to beat them in 6 with Bron and AD.

I never said it was going to be easy, but I still had a healthy Lebron/AD and Lakers squad beating the Suns and so did everyone else at the time. Also since you want to count the 72 games season, I especially thought Lakers would be odds on favorite after AD dropped a 40 bomb without Lebron playing, or when Lebron dropped almost dropped a 40 bomb without AD playing. Plus Lakers being number one in defense for the season, but It is what it is:yeshrug:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I never said it was going to be easy, but I still had a healthy Lebron/AD and Lakers squad beating the Suns and so did everyone else at the time. Also since you want to count the 72 games season, I especially thought Lakers would be odds on favorite after AD dropped a 40 bomb without Lebron playing, or when Lebron dropped almost dropped a 40 bomb without AD playing. Plus Lakers being number one in defense for the season, but It is what it is:yeshrug:

Lebron and AD weren’t healthy heading into the playoffs and it should have been fairly obvious to anyone that watched them. Just because you drop 40 one game doesn’t mean that you’re fully healthy and ready to go. Everyone out here is playing with some type of injury this late in the season.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Nobody outside of Phoenix really believes that the Suns are the 2nd best team in the league.:heh: