Can Blaxploitation Be a Thing in 2018?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Would it be to much to kindly ask for some examples of Afrofuturism per illustrations or videos
Im curious and peaked by the notion of said genre
:ohhh:

The upcoming Black Panther film?

Either way Afrofuturism has NOT been promoted in the mainstream outside of some comics and video games. Afrofuturism is REAL empowerment because it shows Black autonomy.

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
This is something I’ve been thinking about for a minute. We’ve got another shaft flick on the way, a super fly remake coming, proud Mary hits in January and a foxy brown tv show in the works along with a Get Christie Love tv show coming soon. And of course proud Mary hits in January :wow:

But I keep wondering if it’s possible to translate blaxploitation for modern audiences since it’s so of its time and era. The Christie Love remake may be the best way to go about it but I’m still on the fence. Luke Cage may be the best version of an updated blaxploitation motif actually and I’d love if everything took that route. But I don’t think I want to see Super Fly anymore.

So what day the coli? Is this something we want or should it be the product of a bygone era?

Also here’s an article on the subject with a few African American professors and historians giving their opinions

Can Hollywood Successfully Revive Blaxploitation Cinema For Modern Audiences?
What if they did it now in 2020? With all the police brutality and racial injustice going on?