Can Blaxploitation Be a Thing in 2018?

RAX 010

NYG LWO METS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
EAST✈WEST
Well you're arguing something different. I'm against censorship but I also feel like societal norms should evolve and do evolve over time. That doesn't mean that bad shyt doesn't happen because it clearly does but it does mean that some shyt just isn't cool anymore. The reason I'm on the fence about super fly is because I dont want a pimp glorified in 2018. I'm sure there are those who'd disagree and that's cool, but in the 70s, pimps and drug dealers in our community where all the rage

I agree but the Pimp is still here just in a new form ...society is not as masculine as it was back then anyway nowadays that same pimp who was tall and bulky is like 5 foot 7 wit tats and locks looking scrawny but its the same tale all im saying is if we gonna make a blaxploitation film then some seriously nasty sh!t is gonna be in it because of the gritty realism that was glorified then is still going on now just in a different form
:picard:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I agree but the Pimp is still here just in a new form ...society is not as masculine as it was back then anyway nowadays that same pimp who was tall and bulky is like 5 foot 7 wit tats and locks looking scrawny but its the same tale all im saying is if we gonna make a blaxploitation film then some seriously nasty sh!t is gonna be in it because of the gritty realism that was glorified then is still going on now just in a different form
:picard:

Yeah and that should be there because the movies shouldn't lose their grind house origins at all.