Can a Arcadiumbreh explain to me like a Joey of why the Microsoft/Activision deal is controversial?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As was my 13 year old nerdy ass on my mommas dial up.

which is why i know online gaming didn’t hit the masses til they made it easy/possible for non computer people.

xbox was the first console to have a broadband out of the box.

xbox was the first console to have voice chat,

xbox was the first console to have a hard drive, achievements, an online store, DLC, matchmaking, etc

Those are facts and all of these things are integral to the modern gaming experience.

If microsoft should get credit for anything it should be for this stuff.

Now those facts might make you uncomfortable, but your comfort doesn’t dictate what’s reality.

The bolded gets an asterisk, as it was really just an iteration of the Dreamcast shipping with a modem built in. Broadband wasn't even widely standard in Japan when it launched, so it was dialup.

No one is arguing that the 360 had an impact, but when you say wild shyt like "Multiplayer wasn't popular until Call of Duty 2 on the 360," when there are very obvious examples of that not being true (on the previous XBox, even), that's when you look crazy.

@Legal

Look at this nikka giving microsoft credit for everything. Must be an xbox stan :smh:

Microsoft Stans :mjlol:

(Did I do it right? :lupe: )

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even know anymore breh :deadrose:
:deadrose: :deadrose: :deadrose: :deadrose: :deadrose:

I woke up from my tree and see friggin anarchy over some plastic and motherboard :mjlol:

You got one objective answer, and a lot of

its-still.gif

from brehs on both sides. :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The bolded gets an asterisk, as it was really just an iteration of the Dreamcast shipping with a modem built in. Broadband wasn't even widely standard in Japan when it launched, so it was dialup.
I played online on dreamcast. That shyt was NOTHING like what eventually happened with 360 and PS3 and dreamcast died before any of the shyt it did made any noise.

I absolutely LOVED my dreamcast and can admit that reality.

At the time. Online play was not popular on consoles and broadband hardware, and building an online store/community were big risky investments for microsoft.

No one is arguing that the 360 had an impact, but when you say wild shyt like "Multiplayer wasn't popular until Call of Duty 2 on the 360," when there are very obvious examples of that not being true (on the previous XBox, even), that's when you look crazy.

Microsoft Stans :mjlol:

(Did I do it right? :lupe: )
It wasn’t popular til COD2 on 360.

A launch title that pretty much made the 360 a thing at the time. COD2 was huge in making online gaming what is is today.

anyone saying otherwise is in denial:manny:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
You got one objective answer, and a lot of

its-still.gif

from brehs on both sides. :mjlol:

Square biz :mjlol:. You would think the stocks are on the table with the beef up in these parts. Made a thread like a clueless marsupial I am, and felt like I was in the middle of WW3 in this bytch :picard:

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Square biz :mjlol:. You would think the stocks are on the table with the beef up in these parts. Made a thread like a clueless marsupial I am, and felt like I was in the middle of WW3 in this bytch :picard:
I feel bad now. My bad Marsupial Breh.

Simply put, M$ is attempting to make the biggest tech purchase in history. It's being scrutinized as it should.

:manny:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

All good marsupibreh, you ain't know brehs in here claim sets like that.

We need Smokey Robinson to come through anf make that sequel to Gangbangin' to teach brehs the errors of their ways. :wow:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
All good marsupibreh, you ain't know brehs in here claim sets like that.

We need Smokey Robinson to come through anf make that sequel to Gangbangin' to teach brehs the errors of their ways. :wow:

Wasting your timeeeee
Stan warring onlineeeee
posting them quotttess
asking for them vottesss
looking for dapppsss
providing them neggsss
pushing them reppps

Fanboying...fanboyingggg:ohlawd:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And before y'all say PC, lan parties were still popping well into the OG Xbox life. It was the way to play competitively. I was attending PC and Xbox splinter cell lan parties and tournaments.

Eventually though, online became more and more common and that helped with PC shooters as well.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And before y'all say PC, lan parties were still popping well into the OG Xbox life. It was the way to play competitively. I was attending PC and Xbox splinter cell lan parties and tournaments.

Eventually though, online became more and more common and that helped with PC shooters as well.
Damn y'all wasn't from the hood I ain't get a PC till 2003 in the 9th grade. :mjcry:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I don't even know anymore breh :deadrose:
:deadrose: :deadrose: :deadrose: :deadrose: :deadrose:

I woke up from my tree and see friggin anarchy over some plastic and motherboard :mjlol:
And therein lies the answer to your question. It's only controversial because of Stan Wars. That's it. MFs don't give a shyt about consumer this or competition that. Anyone fixing their mouth to say so is a goddamn liar :russ: . Does this merger benefit my platform of choice? If yes, the you feverishly support it. If no, then you vehemently oppose it. There's no nuance to this conversation at all :mjlol: . Sony stans are mad that Microsoft is throwing its wallet around. Xbox stans are excited that more shyt might get blocked from Sony platforms and potentially more exclusives are coming to end the drought. Neither side can be happy when the other side is happy. Exclusives are important up until they ain't. Acquisitions are cool up until they ain't. Nintendo is important up until it ain't :mjlol: .