Can a Arcadiumbreh explain to me like a Joey of why the Microsoft/Activision deal is controversial?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn y'all wasn't from the hood I ain't get a PC till 2003 in the 9th grade. :mjcry:
I didn't have a PC but I worked helpdesk time at a local IT joint and they would regularly do PC lan tournament every month. Eventually I got the invite so I'd come check it out

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I"m a old head, I remember in college Halo over the T1 connection or whatever it was.

Then we got into that Socom on PS2.

:banderas:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Damn y'all wasn't from the hood I ain't get a PC till 2003 in the 9th grade. :mjcry:
My mom was/is a nurse she was “on call” back then so her job gave her a PC and one of those old ass brick cell phones in like 94.

she had no clue on how to use any of it, so i spent my time just messing around and teaching myself stuff. Was already pirating games when i was like 12 years old :wow:

Wanna talk about OG online games. Back then before companies having a website was even a thing. Sears had a website and all that was on there was the number/address to their corporate offices and and online maze game where you just tried to make it through the maze before the other player.

Sears revolutionized online gaming back in 1996 :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasting your timeeeee
Stan warring onlineeeee
posting them quotttess
asking for them vottesss
looking for dapppsss
providing them neggsss
pushing them reppps

Fanboying...fanboyingggg:ohlawd:

giphy.webp

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My mom was/is a nurse she was “on call” back then so her job gave her a PC and one of those old ass brick cell phones in like 94.

she had no clue on how to use any of it, so i spent my time just messing around and teaching myself stuff. Was already pirating games when i was like 12 years old :wow:

Wanna talk about OG online games. Back then before companies having a website was even a thing. Sears had a website and all that was on there was the number/address to their corporate offices and and online maze game where you just tried to make it through the maze before the other player.

Sears revolutionized online gaming back in 1996 :wow:
Yeah I think I first got into pirating shyt around 13 years old. My mom bought our first PC from some booklet off credit. shyt was life changing when it came to the crib :wow:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to play multiplayer games on PC via dial-up, but that shyt sucked. it was really only enjoyable over LAN, or if you had access to a T1 connection

The Dreamcast was truly my 1st dial up online gaming experience with PSO.

It blew my mind back in the day.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sometimes I wish I could go back to the internet being as mind-blowing as it was back then when it was all so new. :flabbynsick:
Man, being able to just see whatever you wanted to whenever felt unreal. This box gave you video games, music, p0rn, anime, social media it was crazy. I was addicted to being on the internet during those years :wow: I'd say I still am heavily reliant on the internet but back then it was insane to me.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, being able to just see whatever you wanted to whenever felt unreal. This box gave you video games, music, p0rn, anime, social media it was crazy. I was addicted to being on the internet during those years :wow: I'd say I still am heavily reliant on the internet but back then it was insane to me.

Bruh.

I remember just sitting at the table we had the PC on, and just sitting there, mind blown, thinking "So, I can just get all this shyt........for free?"

The internet is on that short list of things that I look back that changed me from merely allowed to Legal. :wow: