Albums Cam'ron - Purple Haze 2 (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Killa bounce is terrible
055.jpg

djfilthyrich

All Star
Daps
Do you think cam be "2 tracking" his music?

Hard to tell...It's possible. But even if he did, whoever the so-called engineer was should have at least EQ'd the beats better. Or better yet paid an actual mastering engineer (how you rap about big money, and cheap out on this critical part of the process?)
I'm guessing these guys might've played it through a system with too much bass or added a subwoofer instead of playing it thru flat studio monitors (common for a lotta rappers who wanna hear that 'thump' in the studio, not realizing it's a horrible idea), and didn't realize that they should've boosted the low-end

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Albums sounds like those old unmastered mixtapes.

Cam being cheap on production is what took him out of raps elite. He still has not changed.

Jim Jones doesn't play that shyt.

yeah, I went back and tried to listen to it again off the strength of the posts in this thread and I’m just not hearing it

His voice is shot

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Dope album. Glad to hear classic Cam back.

Killa Bounce...

:wow::whew:

:smugdraper:
Whole album is flames.:wow:

My only gripe with this album which isn't just Killa but it's how music in general these days is sound engineered to be so fukking loud. The beats sound like they're gonna burst my eardrums if I don't turn it down.:damn: