Cam Newton ain’t buying the hype with NFL QBs

CBSkyline

Chill
Daps
It seems pretty obvious that a lot of the talking heads on TV are a bit nervous about high profile former players coming in and giving their opinions on topics, and doing so while on their own individual platforms. If Cam can link up with a Brady or TO and give their opinion on what happened in a game with a particular player or team, heads will turn, and folks will want to tune in to see what is being said. That's taking eyes away from these daily shows, which is why you're seeing this push to devalue Cam like he was some bum, and not of one of the most influential players in the league's history

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I agree with what Cam said, there's only a few true "difference maker" QBs, but that doesn't mean the rest of the QBs are game managers (or worse).

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
This is why I find watching sports media difficult. Expect sticking on topic they had to attack the messenger. :camby:

Cam went out bad in Carolina, and him refusing to take a backup role did him no favors.

So it's going to come across as him being mad that he's not in the league anymore.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
People have said that QB play has been subpar this year. Folks hate Cam so that’s about to be thrown out the window. He still making em mad outside of the league lol

Daps
People have said that QB play has been subpar this year. Folks hate Cam so that’s about to be thrown out the window. He still making em mad outside of the league lol
You don't win an MVP in a league where the writers vote if you're hated imo

People hated Mike Vick, Cam as far as I know was loved going all the way back to his Auburn days

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It seems pretty obvious that a lot of the talking heads on TV are a bit nervous about high profile former players coming in and giving their opinions on topics, and doing so while on their own individual platforms. If Cam can link up with a Brady or TO and give their opinion on what happened in a game with a particular player or team, heads will turn, and folks will want to tune in to see what is being said. That's taking eyes away from these daily shows, which is why you're seeing this push to devalue Cam like he was some bum, and not of one of the most influential players in the league's history
Yeah I’m ok with saying he’s wrong, but when you start talking about “well you ain’t even on a team” and all that it seems a little personal. That Kim chick didn’t even play football… why was she so mad? Then they get mad when people call these espn analysts out that didn’t play sports.