Calling it now, Halo will be the top dog shooter for the next 3 years minimum

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I'm trying to fall in love with HALO and give it a chance to take over. 1 thing I am sensing is that it might have the fastest fall-off. It has so many things working into its favorite right now which may be over-stimulating its numbers.
1. COD dropped a game that no one wanted. MW2 is still a year away and everything will ride on how this new warzone map is perceived.
2. Battlefield dropped the ball by launching a game with too many flaws; fixable, but flawed its launch and may struggle to recover. Good thing for BF is that it's a long term game and always gets better.
3. PUBG, Fortnite & APEX are starting to run long in the tooth and needs a refresh to bring back peak numbers.

These 3 things happening is why Halo pushed up its MP drop to take advantage of the others mistakes. But these things all can be cured and put a dent back in HALOs hopes for sustainability. Only time can/will tell...

Daps
Only snipers and rockets? Learned in 2004? The year Halo 2 dropped?

more like

Halo CE: magnum
Halo 2: Battle Rifle
Halo 3: Battle Rifle
Halo Reach: DMR
Halo 4: Battle Rifle
Halo 5: Pistol

Either you got a bad memory or you didnt play very much….

Halo is not the only shield shooter. Shield shooters encourage meta weapons too hard.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
It's absolutely insane that after all these years Dice can't just copy their formula and remain consistent. Say what you will about CoD but at least you know even if it's on the bad end this year, it's gonna deliver a level of polish that you can at least enjoy as a rental/for a few weeks. DICE stay shipping broken games, then spending a year fixing it then abandoning it for the next one. They get a BF right or solid on launch like once every 3 or 4 games. If I'm an EA exec I'm getting ready to take the franchise from them.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Hard to say it will be the “top dog” whatever that means, but it will be(and has been) a very popular game going forward.

People still playing Halo 1 online 20 years after it came out.

Internet hype just tried to pretend Halo wasn’t as big as it still is.

Guardians will usher in some fresh new popularity and a whole new generation of halo stans.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Overwatch 2 REALLY has to knock it out the park if it thinks it can even remotely reach the peak of what it was. I was a overwatch stan but the fukk ups surrounding this game even the most die hard don't care about it right now.

But good gameplay is good gameplay and Overwatch controlled like a dream. But making us wait damn near 6 years for new content by the time it comes out. It can't simply be a better looking Overwatch 1 and that's all it looks like right now. (I understand they are banking on the PVE side of the game to be the money maker for them)

As for Halo yea they knocked it out the park. I haven't had Halo sessions for well over 7 years at this point and it's very fun and refreshing. I can see it being in the top 3 shooters the remaning of this generation.

With that said i think it's safe to say NOTHING is overtaking Apex Legends any time soon. That game is on a level of its own at this point.

Warzone is still a top shooter of today and the new map will def give it a huge boost. However i dont think they reveal official numbers so its very hard to rank where it's at.

Vanguard is horrible lol. But people who are into Duty already knew this was gonna be a off year. The MW2 reboot for 2022 is what everyone is waiting for and that game is gonna be insane. They gave infinity war a entire extra year plus a entire extra studio to make sure they get this game right after the success of MW2019 and Warzone. Vanguard is just a shytty by product of the huge studio shift and Activision greediness of needing that annual battle pass money.

Activision is in a really tough spot right now but if they can release both Overwatch 2 and MW2 reboot in amazing states at launch they can very much turn all of this around.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
From what it’s looking like. It’s the best FPS out RIGHT NOW. Can’t say what’s gonna happen once they fix Battlefield tho. BF1 the last great game from them so far.