CALL OUT TIME !!! There's been a resurgence in "what about black on black crime?" on thecoli...

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is like how Republicans blaming violent video games and movies on violence.:snoop:

It's so many dumbasses on this forum. :snoop:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
My question to the ones blaming rap is this;

If rap was created in the early 70s. What was influencing black crime before that? :jbhmm:

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
My question to the ones blaming rap is this;

If rap was created in the early 70s. What was influencing black crime before that? :jbhmm:

Kids weren't tattooing tear drops on their faces to look cool in the 70s. Gang culture and the violence and disregard for life that comes with it has been normalized by the music.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
I'm not that big a fan of the "music causes violence" argument either

but if we're gonna say it has 0 influence at all, then apply that everywhere

Kill the we need more positive images of ourselves on tv argument, stop saying we need more black male teachers as role models etc etc...

Stop cherry picking what has influence over people out here to fit your narrative :ufdup:

Surreal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all a game. One can say the biggest C00Ns are the ones wanting equality. I never played the White people game nor tried to work outside the lines with it(crime) cause I know I would never be judged like them..so why play the game? You see on IG from even celebs photos of 2 criminals, one white one black, committing same crime and bruh getting larger sentence. No shyt..since before most of y'all we're born I knew that shyt..I get negged alot here cause I think we should do better. We can't win in a game that's designed for us to lose. Young people go to work. Raise your children better than you were. We come from better stock. Cause I'll be damned if I'm ever treated like a white man or teach my boys the same

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Kids weren't tattooing tear drops on their faces to look cool in the 70s. Gang culture and the violence and disregard for life that comes with it has been normalized by the music.
So there were no young men committing violent crimes in the black community Pre-1970?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Do you think it's 2006?
Adults go to movie theaters not kids. Kids watch movies and TV shows on demand, on their phones. And on streaming devices which are becoming more common by the year.
Not everyone has Netflix? It's estimated close to half a billion people watch Netflix
Again this isn't 2006. Games are not only played on gaming systems. A lot of people and kids game on their phone.
Movies/TV and video games are just as accessible as music.

If you are using the argument of parents and the radio, that gives the parent more control to just turn the radio off or change the station.

nikka

which one do you think kids talk about and listen to all day.

a 2 hour movie, or a 2 minuet song about shooting someone?

come on now.

Only movies ive ever heard about students talk about were the Marvel movies. But I hear them talk about Lil Baby, NBA Youngboy, 21 Savage, Boosie, etc all fukkin day and these are 4th and 5th graders.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
nikka

which one do you think kids talk about and listen to all day.

a 2 hour movie, or a 2 minuet song about shooting someone?

come on now.

Only movies ive ever heard about students talk about were the Marvel movies. But I hear them talk about Lil Baby, NBA Youngboy, 21 Savage, Boosie, etc all fukkin day and these are 4th and 5th graders.

There are still grown men to this day that love/idolize the movie Scarface from 1983.
Terminator was literally marketed towards kids.
GTA San Andreas is considered the most iconic game of the franchise
Black kids watch movies too

It's not about what is getting talked about more. Influence is influence.

If you think movies and TVs can't have an effect on back kids the same way music can, then you are either misinformed or choosing to ignore it. Like I said before, rap originated in the 70s, what was causing crime in the black community before that?

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There are still grown men to this day that love/idolize the movie Scarface from 1983.
Terminator was literally marketed towards kids.
GTA San Andreas is considered the most iconic game of the franchise
Black kids watch movies too

It's not about what is getting talked about more. Influence is influence.

If you think movies and TVs can't have an effect on back kids the same way music can, then you are either misinformed or choosing to ignore it. Like I said before, rap originated in the 70s, what was causing crime in the black community before that?

my guy I didnt say movies and TVs dont influence them...but in my opinion music is the biggest influence..im telling you from experience working with black children since 2015..

Americans in general love violence and shyt thats why Scarface, Al Capone and them mob movies are still revered to this day. We're already born into a country that loves this shyt, but then you add people who look like you with tons of money and fans, and they influence kids more than anyone else..just a product of being in this country.

Americans in general went from having pastors and community leaders like the panthers as role models to these drugged up rappers, pill addicted cacs, athletes and scammers.

As for what was causing homicides in the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s I dont fukking know because I wasnt around back then but I bet it wasnt as much as it has been since the 70s

Daps
I'm done with this thread;

@Barnett114
@Lord Scarf
@Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Please lock

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/wha...-to-be-able-to-do-something-like-this.792614/

brutal

the boy needs to be lynched

i dont give a fukk

U want that little fakkit kicking your toddler?

Like Tariq said, fukk some of these nikkas messing up the community

If he kicking toddlers at 13, what he gonna be doing at 23

:snoop: Basically co-sigining Crime Bill 2.0, because, "it said gang violence, not black people" (the same thing that fooled Black folks in 1992)

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/bidens-plan-to-stop-gang-violence-mjpls.792534/

I'm not killing myself over this.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
40/50 years ago, "Black-On-Black Crime" was considered an important and internal black community issue.

White media did not cover "Black-On-Black" crime. White politicians did not care about crime within the
black community unless its impact crossed over into white areas.

4b0b790ba6e3f_22791n.jpg

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
40/50 years ago, "Black-On-Black Crime" was considered an important and internal black community issue.

White media did not cover "Black-On-Black" crime. White politicians did not care about crime within the
black community unless its impact crossed over into white areas.

4b0b790ba6e3f_22791n.jpg

I stay telling people that this is a term and discussion i've heard my entire life and I'm damn near 40

it wasn't until the Obama era that the whole "black on black crime is a myth" argument came to be..

Status
Not open for further replies.