CALL OUT TIME !!! There's been a resurgence in "what about black on black crime?" on thecoli...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjpls: Okay, so now the problem is just "mainstream" Rap?

The Rap that's made popular by the Top 40 apparatus.

One, that's ya'll problem and why I made a thread.

Ya'll get defensive and deflect ad homine BS.

Never called you a c00n or reference your nationality.

Two, ya'll love to ground your entire arguments in your personal opinions.

There's a reason the news media reports violence that happen around holidays and in "black" cities.

You've decided that "progress" (that you have not defined) and being negated because murders have happened over the past two months in major cities across America.

That is dense, my guy. Again, you fall back on "hurt feelings" damn near guaranteeing you don't actually read the things that may show your position to be wrong.

All you pay attention to is name calling.

Deflection. Now, I live around white people.

Get these rudimentary bullshyt outta here.

If you cared, you'd crack open a study, a book. And none of them would blame Rap music or

We try, but, we get nothing but deflections.

This came out in 1988.

iu

Violent crime in the US peake three years later and has been going down

reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990.jpg

But ya'll wanna balme YN melly and NBA Young Boy's music

Read this;

A book from my library

8T9HvMj.jpg

Ya'll just don't want to be challenged and engaged

You didn't read that article. You did a search and linked the first one.

The article doesn't specify black people.

And the place with the biggest jump is 28%. You nikkas are dense and you're goals are transparent.

Homicide rates are soaring in cities across America despite lockdowns

Nashville reported the biggest bump, with a 233% increase in murders over the same four-week period in 2019.

Nashville, Tennessee Population & Demographics
  • The population density in Nashville is 710% higher than Tennessee
  • The median age in Nashville is 12% lower than Tennessee
  • In Nashville 62.35% of the population is White
  • In Nashville 28.04% of the population is Black
  • In Nashville 3.52% of the population is Asian
Again, a deflection.

My issue isn't the subject, but, your position is; it's our culture, we're our worst enemies

I don't give a fck what other nationalities are doing.. :manny:

I live around nikkas..

I give a fck about what nikkas doing the most.. :yeshrug:

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
You didn't read that article. You did a search

Eh, again dudes like you see cities have 40, 50, sometimes over 100 shootings a weekend where everybody involved is black

first thing you do is find a way to "spin" it and run to the internet - i guess this gives you some type of emotional warm feeling to do this?
none of us are national public figures so our opinions are just that; opinions.

But i guess that's real black pride and anybody that simply makes observations are c00ns/sellouts/toms blah blah blah blah...:coffee:

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would never.

I'm tired of people using these cop murders as a come-up. But, "what about black people killing black people?" isn't even an intelligenal response.

It's not trivial, that's why I'm deep in the weeds on the things that actually cause it.

Not, suggesting MC Killa nikka's new album is causing our children to become homocial manaics.

Posters blame Chief Keef more for Chicago's problems than even the White Flight that happened before he was born. Or the schools that closed after he had already moved to California.

I agree but I’m not one that believes music has no effect on its listeners and the culture. I could never make an album about killing dogs, but I can genocide nikkas on the track and no one blinks an eye.

Black Death is accepted and even expected by the mainstream society.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Neg me all you want, but as someone who has been working with children, rap absolutely has a effect on people.

The more we grow up listening to violent shyt, the more our minds starts to normalize it & we become desensitized to it, which could lead to someone not giving a damn about killing another black person

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Neg me all you want, but as someone who has been working with children, rap absolutely has a effect on people.

The more we grow up listening to violent shyt, the more our minds starts to normalize it & we become desensitized to it, which could lead to someone not giving a damn about killing another black person

Gory Slasher Films
Action/Shooter Movies
Grand Theft Auto
etc...

All are things that desensitize us to violence and have been here long before rap. Yet rap is always the only one singled out. Cac rockstars has been singing about murder, violence, drugs and the devil since the beginning of time, but nah hip hop is what is causing all of the chaos.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Gory Slasher Films
Action/Shooter Movies
Grand Theft Auto
etc...

All are things that desensitize us to violence and have been here long before rap. Yet rap is always the only one singled out. Cac rockstars has been singing about murder, violence, drugs and the devil since the beginning of time, but nah hip hop is what is causing all of the chaos.

little black kids don’t listen to rock

Does that rock music about murder come on public radio?

And yes, games are a big part of the problem as well, but music is more easily accessible than movies & video games.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN

My high school teacher use to tell us that our city didn't have drive by's until Menace 2 society and gangster rap came around
of course everybody rolled their eyes at him, but I believed him at the time :francis:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
It’s absolutely a convo that we need to have but the problem is people only bring it up to spite police and white supremacist killings. It is possible to be upset with both separately

Let’s be honest tho. The vast majority of us are in much more danger of being killed by someone black than anybody else. The reason I started strapping up in the first place back in the 90s was becuz of this and it still rings true today. Placing blame on shyt like music is just blaming the symptoms instead of the virus. Yes white supremacy put us in this position but we are the ones who will have to fix it. We HAVE to find a way to fix our families becuz that’s where it starts. And we have to be able to provide opportunities for each other. I’ll be honest and say idk how we go about this tho

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

:gucci:

because kids are in a car almost everyday with their parents listening to that shyt. I can’t tell you how many times during morning duty in the car line where a parent dropped off their kids at the school at 7am blasting some 21 Savage, City Girls on Lil Baby dirty versions.

Kids my go to a movie theater 3-4 times a month, and not everyone has Netflix.
and some kids don’t have gaming systems.

do you really think music isn’t easily accessible as other entertainment mediums?

kids here that shyt everyday whether in the car or on youtube

Black Hans

Follow Jesus. Be Beautiful
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John 14:6
It's all about approval from our enemies, OP. The masquerade of whataboutism must be destroyed in our community because it's really a version of c00ning. No community is perfect on this planet, let alone this country, but somehow black people have to have this albatross around our necks any time anything negative happens from another black person. And much of it comes from these self-righteous types in the black community. Wanna sound like a good person instead of actually being one. Let he without sin cast the first stone. :camby:

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
:gucci:

because kids are in a car almost everyday with their parents listening to that shyt. I can’t tell you how many times during morning duty in the car line where a parent dropped off their kids at the school at 7am blasting some 21 Savage, City Girls on Lil Baby dirty versions.

Kids my go to a movie theater 3-4 times a month, and not everyone has Netflix.
and some kids don’t have gaming systems.

do you really think music isn’t easily accessible as other entertainment mediums?

kids here that shyt everyday whether in the car or on youtube

Do you think it's 2006?
Adults go to movie theaters not kids. Kids watch movies and TV shows on demand, on their phones. And on streaming devices which are becoming more common by the year.
Not everyone has Netflix? It's estimated close to half a billion people watch Netflix
Again this isn't 2006. Games are not only played on gaming systems. A lot of people and kids game on their phone.
Movies/TV and video games are just as accessible as music.

If you are using the argument of parents and the radio, that gives the parent more control to just turn the radio off or change the station.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
iu

Do you all then not see the problem we have here?

We've decided that black on black crime is problematic and there's a lack of improvement with no goal.

Of course murder is bad. Of course black people killing each other is bad.

But, what world do ya'll live in with zero murders? Where must we get to before we believe the problem is trending towards progress.

Black people have to be perfect :dahell:?

The arguement has been that we don't care, so we need to stop talking about cop killings.

An 11 year old just got killed in my city
A few months before that a 13 year old every year 100’s of black people are murdered in dc no other race in the city experiences such a high rate of murder. People I know from different communities in the area don’t experience this level of violence. We have to hold ourselves accountable.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Kids these days have access to so much violent shyt especially on there phones. Yes rap music is influential in a way due to fashion, style & lingo but to say %100 that rap music is to blame for demonic behavior is wrong. There is other factors that go into a child becoming violent. Look at Chicago for example. Majority of those young dudes have no leadership, no hope for education, a job to keep them busy or even a slimmer of hope for a way out. Most parents don't give af about they kids and this is facts. In the trenches you got to survive by any means or you'll be food unless you're one of the lucky few to get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.