CALL OUT TIME !!! There's been a resurgence in "what about black on black crime?" on thecoli...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daps
I’m just tired of Black Death being trivialized, all that other bs you can keep.

I would never.

I'm tired of people using these cop murders as a come-up. But, "what about black people killing black people?" isn't even an intelligenal response.

It's not trivial, that's why I'm deep in the weeds on the things that actually cause it.

Not, suggesting MC Killa nikka's new album is causing our children to become homocial manaics.

Posters blame Chief Keef more for Chicago's problems than even the White Flight that happened before he was born. Or the schools that closed after he had already moved to California.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, NOW the distinction is made that it's MAINSTREAM Rap.

But, now the problem is; you have to address how this is only effecting black children when 70% of the Rap consumption market are white males?

Can you break down how a kid goes from law-abiding to murder because of Rap music?

I wasnt going into all that about how rap makes people commit straight up murder lol, Im saying todays rap sucks and all sounds the same and is ignorant as shyt. Im not saying this is only affecting black/brown kids, look at white boys nowadays lol But to say that todays rap isn't influential in behavior in young people across different races, then thats just being naive. Unfortunately, the more ignorant and dumbed down the music has gotten, so has the audience

:yeshrug:

Daps
Black men aren't getting away with murder.

raceinc2012.png

Screen-Shot-2018-09-29-at-3.41.03-PM-1xkxy3r-400x305.png

international-incarc-rates-4.png

p36.jpg

:mindblown: Our country makes up most of the world's incarcerated and we make up most of the people incarcerated in it.

long_sentences_national_growth.png

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Stop trolling.

"No ones blaming hip hop tho"

"but to pretend as if certain forms of rap aren't contributing factors is some bullshyt."

This thread was made because of a thread blaming Hip-Hop on a rapper's murder.

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/qc-artist-lil-marlo-lil-baby’s-best-friend-shot-and-killed-in-atl.792279/page-7#post-38320217

The coli did an investigation before the cops.

Just because you throw around "obtuse" doesn't make you intelligent.

Define "contributing factor."

How much Rap do you have to listen to become a murderer?

Is it just black people? Asians? Latinos?

Put in some work.
You're negging me for trolling, yet your position is troll as fukk. Jumping to extremes and making blanket statements to put in other folks mouths and all, like women usually do.
Like someone states something and your retort is "Oh, so what you're saying is *insert twist of what was said to extremes here*
Cut the shyt breh, and you claim you're not calling anyone c00ns, bullshyt, you're doing it indirectly, because it's common around here for anyone who even speaks on how blacks hold at least some responsibility for shyt going on to be labeled as c00ns. Then you ask for hard data on the correlation to rap music and black violence, I AM BLACK, I AM AROUND OTHER BLACKS, HAVE GROWN UP AROUND OTHER BLACKS FROM THE HOOD TO THE BURBS. You dont need hard data for first hand experience, but yeah, keep playing dumb for daps. Now I'm all about civil discussion and building, but when cats wanna be intellectually dishonest to prove a point, that's when you lose me on that. You're on that sea lioning shyt that cacs are usually typical of, I ain't going. Now go head and get that last word in, I know you need it:camby:

Daps
I wasnt going into all that about how rap makes people commit straight up murder lol, Im saying todays rap sucks and all sounds the same and is ignorant as shyt. Im not saying this is only affecting black/brown kids, look at white boys nowadays lol But to say that todays rap isn't influential in behavior in young people across different races, then thats just being naive. Unfortunately, the more ignorant and dumbed down the music has gotten, so has the audience

:yeshrug:

That's a dense argument.

"I"m not saying Rap makes people commit murder...but it makes people do something"

:mindblown:

What behavior does it influence and by what measure (aka don't just make something up)?

This is the perfect thread to drop that knowledge.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Black men aren't getting away with murder.

raceinc2012.png

Screen-Shot-2018-09-29-at-3.41.03-PM-1xkxy3r-400x305.png

international-incarc-rates-4.png

p36.jpg

:mindblown: Our country makes up most of the world's incarcerated and we make up most of the people incarcerated in it.

long_sentences_national_growth.png
Getting away isn't an issue we all know this police do they damnest to arrest black murders, the problem many people have issues is how do we stop the senseless violence in the first place

Daps
Uhm, because... murder is bad? :dahell:

Ideally if I could just snap my fingers and the number would produce itself, I would choose zero murders.

iu

Do you all then not see the problem we have here?

We've decided that black on black crime is problematic and there's a lack of improvement with no goal.

Of course murder is bad. Of course black people killing each other is bad.

But, what world do ya'll live in with zero murders? Where must we get to before we believe the problem is trending towards progress.

Black people have to be perfect :dahell:?

The arguement has been that we don't care, so we need to stop talking about cop killings.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's a dense argument.

"I"m not saying Rap makes people commit murder...but it makes people do something"

:mindblown:

What behavior does it influence and by what measure (aka don't just make something up)?

This is the perfect thread to drop that knowledge.

Yeah, listening to some stupid ass music/watching a movie several times/ingesting a particular media (video/audio etc, whatever ) consistently and its message can influence its audience or a member of its audience. Why you acting like thats not the case or isnt possible? So Rap is invincible and no one is influenced by rap music (OR ANY GENRE of music) or its culture? :russ:Theres good and bad. You the one saying rap makes people commit murder not me playa. :mjlol:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
iu

Do you all then not see the problem we have here?

We've decided that black on black crime is problematic and there's a lack of improvement with no goal.

Of course murder is bad. Of course black people killing each other is bad.

But, what world do ya'll live in with zero murders? Where must we get to before we believe the problem is trending towards progress.

Black people have to be perfect :dahell:?

The arguement has been that we don't care, so we need to stop talking about cop killings.

There's two options here.

Either you asked a stupid question "Why is black on black crime bad and how much of it would you ideally like to see?".

Or we're misunderstanding each other.

Daps
Getting away isn't an issue we all know this police do they damnest to arrest black murders, the problem many people have issues is how do we stop the senseless violence in the first place

How are you measuring "senseless violence"? And by "stop" do you mean zero murders?

My problem is with how vague everyone gets when directly asked.

There's a macro and micro way to look at murder.

Of course, if you're son is murdered, you don't wanna hear that the murder rate has gone down. But, your personal experience doesn't become the national norm.

Notice the news is always covering Chicago and Atlanta.

I don't remember the last time a murder in St. Louis, Baltimore or New Orleans or Memphis went viral.

Because this shyt isn't about the actual problem.

I have one point to make with this thread; We are lazy, and when in doubt just repeat racist talking points that call us out for "ignoring Black and Black crime" when it's a issue that is not well defined nor is there evidence that "we ignore it."

Add to the fact, the best that got is "Rap influences us to do bad things." :mjlol:

ucr-cities-2018-01.png

You're negging me for trolling, yet your position is troll as fukk. Jumping to extremes and making blanket statements to put in other folks mouths and all, like women usually do.
Like someone states something and your retort is "Oh, so what you're saying is *insert twist of what was said to extremes here*
Cut the shyt breh, and you claim you're not calling anyone c00ns, bullshyt, you're doing it indirectly, because it's common around here for anyone who even speaks on how blacks hold at least some responsibility for shyt going on to be labeled as c00ns. Then you ask for hard data on the correlation to rap music and black violence, I AM BLACK, I AM AROUND OTHER BLACKS, HAVE GROWN UP AROUND OTHER BLACKS FROM THE HOOD TO THE BURBS. You dont need hard data for first hand experience, but yeah, keep playing dumb for daps. Now I'm all about civil discussion and building, but when cats wanna be intellectually dishonest to prove a point, that's when you lose me on that. You're on that sea lioning shyt that cacs are usually typical of, I ain't going. Now go head and get that last word in, I know you need it:camby:

I've got plenty of examples of poster blaming the ills of the black community.

I've given poster spaces to explain to me, in this thread, how they've come to measure Rap's influence.

You call me obtuse, twice with a yawning smiley. And, on the other hand, have taken the time to reply to damn near every post, provided research and studies.

You wrote a wall of text about where you're from and your "hard data" is "I'm black." And I'm being accussed of using "CAC tactics."

Do yourself a favor and ignore this thread, junior.

iu

Daps
There's two options here.

Either you asked a stupid question "Why is black on black crime bad and how much of it would you ideally like to see?".

Or we're misunderstanding each other.

We're misunderstanding each other.

I'm not here to trivialize anyone's life. But, it seems no one wants to address where black on black murders and murders in general have been versus today. There's been progress. Cop murder have been steady even with public outcry.

I'm here to demand the source of people's idea nothing is being done about black on black crime and that Rap has contributed more than a negligible amount to crime and murder.

Daps
Yeah, listening to some stupid ass music/watching a movie several times/ingesting a particular media (video/audio etc, whatever ) consistently and its message can influence its audience or a member of its audience. Why you acting like thats not the case or isnt possible? So Rap is invincible and no one is influenced by rap music (OR ANY GENRE of music) or its culture? :russ:Theres good and bad. You the one saying rap makes people commit murder not me playa. :mjlol:

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/violence-media-what-effects-behavior

Speculation as to the causes of the recent mass shooting at a Batman movie screening in Colorado has reignited debates in the psychiatric community about media violence and its effects on human behavior.

Despite the links between media violence and aggression, Anderson stressed, “media violence is only one of many risk factors for later aggressive and violent behavior. Furthermore, extremely violent behavior never occurs when there is only one risk factor present. Thus, a healthy, well-adjusted person with few risk factors is not going to become a school-shooter just because they start playing a lot of violent video games or watching a lot of violent movies.”

In short; take away Rap music consumption and most killers are still killers. And non-killers don't become killers.

It's like when my high school banned white tees because they people fighting wore white tees.

Also, media consumtion has increased as the murder rate has gone down.

Status
Not open for further replies.