Call of Duty Infinite Warfare OT

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Few questions for ya'll Brehs

1) Why the fukk don't they listen to their buyers? Wasn't everyone asking them NOT to take it to space? :patrice:

2) Is BlackOps 3 worth buying?

3) Was Advanced Warfare considered a good game? Because I thought it was a laggy piece of shyt. If Advanced Warfare was accepted by the community I'm kind of skeptical about BlackOps3 and Infinite Warfare

4) Isn't splitting the multiplayer audience between two different games doing us a disservice? They should have released COD4 as a stop gap. That's all I'm really interested in.

This game was in development back in 2013 which was before AW dropped and Activision realized people hated the futuristic stuff. I'm expecting the next COD to be back in modern times. :manny:

Blacks Ops 3 is awesome imo. Best COD since BO2, matter of fact I probably like it more than BO2. I'm skipping out on Infinite Warfare and am gonna be playing this until COD 2017 drops.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
This game was in development back in 2013 which was before AW dropped and Activision realized people hated the futuristic stuff. I'm expecting the next COD to be back in modern times. :manny:

Blacks Ops 3 is awesome imo. Best COD since BO2, matter of fact I probably like it more than BO2. I'm skipping out on Infinite Warfare and am gonna be playing this until COD 2017 drops.

Now I remember. The alternating release cycles.

I'm going to cop BO2 based off the strength of your recommendation .

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, not feeling this one. :scust:

I think I'm gonna stick with Black Ops 3 for another year and I have absolutely no problem with that. Let me cop those map packs and I'll be set. :blessed:

Can't believe how much this series fell off :snoop:. That video was awful. There's just so many better options than playing this now.

I think it all goes back to the original IW breakup, Activision ruined whatever they were originally planning to do. After that, everyone knew the space gimmick was coming but no one could stop it.

What I hate most is that I'll probably be forced to buy this just to get to MW1... having my gold mp5 :banderas:. I'll wait a couple months tho, don't want to give them money on day one anymore. Blops3 isn't even bad either, but I hate this whole jet pack shyt. Overwatch shows that you can work it in as optional and not break the game, blizzard gods provided a feast this year, Activision need to learn.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
The Remaster Of A Classic Is Faithful In All The Right Ways

CODMWR610.jpg

The fit and finish of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare’s remaster is not as you remember it. The iconography is different: the minimap, the on-screen d-pad, to the ammo counter have all gotten a facelift. I can’t be certain, but I swear the soundbite of the radio voice saying “enemy UAV is online!” on the Crash map is also different. The point count for kills is an inflated to match the series’ current totals (100 instead of the previous 20). So if you’re looking for something that will scratch your visual and auditory nostalgia for one of the defining games of the last generation of consoles to the letter, this may not be it.

But other than the visual makeover, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered has been preserved as well as you’d hoped. Every map and gun seems to have their textures uprezzed instead of redone, the latter of which you might expect after seeing the single-player portion of Remastered. But the blocky outlines of crashed helicopters, of hollowed-out homes and fountains, look exactly like how I remembered them, and I like it that way.

Even though I played it using a DualShock 4 instead of an Xbox 360 controller as I did originally, Remastered fits like a glove. I know every nook, cranny, and chokepoint of some of these maps, and I love knowing when to expect someone will round the corner I’m covering just from seeing them sprint behind an adjacent building out of the corner of my eye.

The recent entries’ focus on increased mobility might make you think Remastered feels sluggish by comparison, but I didn’t miss the jetpacks or wall-running in the hour I played. If anything, this game feels faster and more lethal, both because the decreased angles of approach means people end up funneling down the same paths more often, and because weapons seem to do more damage (or maybe soldiers were just more fragile back in 2007).

I may not be playing as a superhuman with a slew of abilities, but that vulnerability makes me feel like a regular soldier fighting for my life, which is its own brand of intense. Encounters happen over the course of one or two seconds, and with fewer options at your disposal, getting the jump on the enemy or properly flanking them feels more crucial to winning.

Call of Duty 4’s signature three killstreak rewards (a UAV, Airstrike, and Attack Helicopter) remain intact, as do the same suite of weapon and perk options. Want to mix Stopping Power, Martyrdom, and a shotgun again? You can definitely do that, once you’ve unlocked all of them.

Some of the later games’ design has made its way into Remastered, but it’s mostly psychological. If you get mowed down at the same chokepoint five times in a row then finally get the jerk who was sniping you on the sixth, expect “Comeback” and “Revenge” medals to pop up on your screen. Similarly, if you fail to kill that sniper, you’ll see a “Nemesis” marker as you watch the killcam where they pick you off yet again. These medals help you feel better about every successful kill, and while they’re “true” to the classic experience, I didn’t mind being encouraged after a long streak of a deaths.

I came away from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered eager to play more. After a few trims around the edges, it has aged beautifully, and after the series has iterated and changed several of its defining aspects over nearly ten years, coming back to the game that made the series what it is felt like a refreshing change of pace. Call of Duty 4 may no longer be the multiplayer shooter most worth playing, but if my recent time with it is any indication, it could prove itself as one worth remembering.
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered’s Multiplayer Is What It Needs To Be

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Infinity Ward’s First Three-Year Project Makes Some Smart Changes

CODIW610.jpg

The days when Call of Duty was essentially two sub-series (Treyarch’s Black Ops versus Infinity Ward’s Modern Warfare) fighting for supremacy are long gone. Since Call of Duty: Ghosts, Infinity Ward has begun building on the improvements made by Treyarch and Sledgehammer rather than attempt to carve out its own niche. With Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, it seems more willing to do that than ever, and it might end making the series better in the long run.

Infinite Warfare’s approach to multiplayer takes a number of cues from Black Ops III. For starters, just about every mobility option from that game returns: you can powerslide, sprint along walls, and use a jetpack to give yourself a short boost. This makes Infinite Warfare feel more familiar at the outset than any Infinity Ward-made title in the series, since you don’t have to relearn your moveset for the umpteenth year in a row.

Infinite Warfare also borrows from Black Ops III’s class system. Rather than define every player simply by their gun loadout, it has you choose one of six character “Rigs,” or classes. Each Rig can choose two class-specific traits and one “Payload” super ability or weapon before going into battle. You can still choose among the series’ mainstay array of guns regardless of your class, and there looks to be more guns to unlock and build than ever (more on that in a bit). But in the hour or so I spent shooting other faceless soldiers and robots in multiplayer, I found most classes were tailored to specific playstyle.

The Phantom Rig’s perks, for example, match the sniper archetype. Phantoms can choose among marking their target after shooting them, (which highlights them for allies to see and prevents them from regenerating health), sensing when enemies are nearby while aiming down the sights of their weapon, or equipping a shield on their back which negates one attack from behind. These perks seem tailor-made for a sniper who wants to just hang back, let others finish off marked targets, and not worry too much about someone sneaking up on them.

Conversely, the FTL Rig fits a more aggressive playstyle. One of the class’ Payloads is a short-range teleport (similar to Advanced Warfare’s boost) with a relatively short cooldown, which can instantly put you in range to eviscerate an enemy with a shotgun after you spot them in a hallway. One of the Rig’s Traits, Perception, allows you to know when and where nearby enemies are looking in your direction, allowing you to quickly find your next shotgun target.

In my time with the Infinite Warfare’s multiplayer, I had a bit of trouble telling the classes amidst the chaos of combat, but by the end, I could recognize a Phantom by their futuristic ghillie suit (ironic, considering the class also focuses on stealth).

CODIW610_2.jpg

One of the new scorestreaks calls down a RC-8 robot you can either leave to its down devices or control directly.

Beyond tweaking existing systems, Infinite Warfare makes at least one contribution: the ability to craft your own guns. After each match, you’ll earn a currency called Salvage, which you can use to build your own prototype weapons. These weapons have tiers of rarity from common to epic and have perks of their own. An example gun perk, Pinpoint, creates an outline of the enemy after shooting them. You will want to level these guns up in order to get the best out of them, and they’ll also have their own unique skins and colors. I wasn’t able to mess around with prototype weapons at the press event, but I’m both curious and a little concerned about how these weapons will affect the balance of the game.

Standard, non-crafted weapons also have a few tricks of their own. Some weapons run on energy rather than bullets, and will slowly regain ammo over time. Others have multiple functions, such as a sniper rifle that can quickly turn into an assault weapon. These guns feel like an invaluable asset when enemies can approach from several angles.

I tested out these guns and classes while playing a new mode, Defender. This mode has two teams fighting for a ball near the center of the map. Having a player hold the ball gives their team points, but after about a minute, the ball resets to the center position, forcing teams to vie for the ball again. This meant there were constant firefights all throughout the map, as teams fought to both take the ball before while also attempting to secure the center point for when the ball eventually reset.

Part of me is a little wistful Infinity Ward is no longer adamant about leaving their own mark on the series they turned into a household name. But the additions and tweaks it has made to the structures and formulae established by its co-developers are smart improvements; after spending some time playing around with the various Rigs, traits, and guns, I feel like Infinity Ward will leave just enough of a mark that players will still recognize which developer’s name is on the box this year.

For more on Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s single-player campaign, check out our Cover Hub. The game will launch on November 4 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare’s Multiplayer Has Teleports, Crafted Guns

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer reveal trailer, PS4 beta begins October 14

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered now has 16 maps.

[URL='http://gematsu.com/2016/09/call-duty-infinite-warfare-multiplayer-reveal-trailer-ps4-beta-begins-october-14']Activision has released the multiplayer reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare and
announced that the multiplayer beta will launch first on PlayStation 4 on October 14.[/URL]

Consumers who pre-order Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will gain access to the multiplayer beta first.

Additionally, Activision announced that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, which is included with the Legacy Edition or higher of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, will now feature all 16 multiplayer maps instead of 10. It will launch with 10 maps, and the six additional maps will be added as free downloadable content in December.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on November 4.

Read more at Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare multiplayer reveal trailer, PS4 beta begins October 14 - Gematsu