Call Of Duty: Black Ops COLD WAR PS4 Alpha Thread (PS4...No Craigset)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Game doesn’t look better than MW.
Player control/movement feels dated in comparison to MW.
The maps are mediocre.
The audio. Dios mío the audio is TERRIBLE.
How did these dummies actually make it even worse than MW. Guns sound trash and footstep audio is piss poor.
Nothing feels like it has any weight to it either.

Daps
I know it's probably fruitless, but I'm going to try to cancel my digital pre-order
:mjlol:
Game doesn’t look better than MW.
Player control/movement feels dated in comparison to MW.
The maps are mediocre.
The audio. Dios mío the audio is TERRIBLE.
How did these dummies actually make it even worse than MW. Guns sound trash and footstep audio is piss poor.
Nothing feels like it has any weight to it either.
costs 70 :mjlol:

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
Played a few games, not really liking it overall.

sound is hollow, animations are blah and the controls are clunky. This feels like a PS3 game. Throwing lethal and tacs is super slow.

I do like the maps, they promote more run n gun gameplay. Also like the kill streaks and gunsmith/perk system.

That's exactly what it feels like.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Funny to me, they're getting ready to put this mediocre product out on PS5 :smugdraper:

I mean :heh:. This sh!t looks like it could have been on PS3. It definitely provides more action than MW. I'll give it that much. Not as campy. But the mechanics and animation, graphics are pitiful compared to MW.

I'm hesitating to call it trash. Too early to say that, but this is definitely a letdown.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Playing this kinda threw me off since I'm used to the Xbox controller

Ghost & Cold Blooded are back in the same perk slot. How would that work when you transfer over to Warzone? :jbhmm:

I see there's gonna be some OP guns with those gunsmith slots. And i noticed there was less attachment penalities

The door thing being mentioned is funny. On the Moscow level streetside, i walked into something looking like a locked door expecting the prompt. Nothing happened :mjlol:

Yeah the TTK is slower in this game, but fortunately unlike MW, it doesn't feel like I'm unloading half the clip into people

Not used to seeing the health bar floating above everyone

Movement felt ok. I did 'float' for some reason when someone caught me running by. The bullets were pushing me. Glitch i guess

Coming from MW, the new operators seem generic.

Trying to reload & then you mistakenly pick up someone's gun :snoop:

Not a bad game, but it's gonna be a skip until the price drop

KingBeez

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
So far, this alpha has KINDA restored the feeling of the good ol days of BO and BO2.

- it’s actually fun, unlike MW, and there’s a skill differential between players
- I like the health bar, and being able to see how much damage I’ve inflicted on someone in the kill cams and in assisted deaths
- you won’t die for poking your head out of a corner
- Miami and Moscow are cool maps, but the satellite one is hell. That will be so annoying to deal with over time with snipers

EDIT: Satellite map is pretty good after more playtime, but the big naval map is just too much going on for me. I played domination on it, and they have like 6 different locations to secure :mjlol:

For what it’s worth, this will be a fun game to play with brehs on the nextgen consoles, it’ll hold me over for a bit until more games are released

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish they just made a huge expansion pack for MW with new maps because this feels like a cross between an early MW engine graphically but with Black Ops animations. The gun sounds are disappointing. shyt feels like too airy. It feels like a step back. Luckily MW is still active so I think I will still dabble with that until next year.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
The MW Gunfight Alpha sold me on buying Modern Warfare. Each gun felt unique and had weight to it. The guns in this game are ass in comparison. I will say this is a huge improvement over BO4 as far as movement and actual gunplay go. This still looks arcadey, but doesn't play that way. The maps I've played encourage running and gunning while also being big enough to accommodate snipers. Of course I've encountered campers:francis: