Call Me Late But I Just Witnessed A Bit Of PC Gaming For The 1st Time(Outside of Playing Solitaire)

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I might look into building a PC from scratch. :patrice:

Crazy thing is, I used be a PC Gamer in the early to mid 2000s. Knew how to code and everything. And then I just lost track. Seems like a logical choice now.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Just food for thought. Does anyone know if the epic version of gtav can use mods?
some mods work with it, but not all. Epic uses a different version of the game (Epic: 1.0.1868.4.4, Steam: 1.0.1868.1), so the mod makers will have to update their tools to get them working, but some mod makers might not want to bother supporting multiple versions

that was my frustration when I was playing modded GTA V (on Steam). I got everything working, but then Rockstar updated the game, and it broke the mods. which goes back to what I was saying about there being no official support. yes, this can also happen with games that do support mods, but Rockstar seems to go out of their way to discourage modding with their updates

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Just food for thought. Does anyone know if the epic version of gtav can use mods?
some mods work with it, but not all. Epic uses a different version of the game (Epic: 1.0.1868.4.4, Steam: 1.0.1868.1), so the mod makers will have to update their tools to get them working, but some mod makers might not want to bother supporting multiple versions

that was my frustration when I was playing modded GTA V (on Steam). I got everything working, but then Rockstar updated the game, and it broke the mods. which goes back to what I was saying about there being no official support. yes, this can also happen with games that do support mods, but Rockstar seems to go out of their way to discourage modding with their updates

i bought it from rockstar and for a time Steam allowed you to add to your library Even though you didnt buy on Steam. Not sure about epic but i cant see why not. Maybe you can try adding to steam library and let us know

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Only thing pc got is mods and better graphics framerate options (if you put the money into it). If you playing on a potato like most people it aint all that lol

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Only thing pc got is mods and better graphics framerate options (if you put the money into it). If you playing on a potato like most people it aint all that lol

Mods are huge though. They can literally fix broken games (Bethesda studios I'm lookin at you), or greatly improve things like UI, graphics and gameplay. If you are playing on a toaster, then yea, having to play on low with ~30 FPS sucks. But if you have a gpu comparable to a modern console, then yea, it ain't really close.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Bruh u can get a 500-600 dollar PC and get more frames than Console.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Bruh u can get a 500-600 dollar PC and get more frames than Console.

Most likely at 1080p right? How much do the same at 4k?

Mods are huge though. They can literally fix broken games (Bethesda studios I'm lookin at you), or greatly improve things like UI, graphics and gameplay. If you are playing on a toaster, then yea, having to play on low with ~30 FPS sucks. But if you have a gpu comparable to a modern console, then yea, it ain't really close.

Def agree about the mods. Been modding the shyt out of xcom and divinity 2 lol

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Yeah 1080p. What type of games do u play mostly?

On the pc mostly just xcom, divinity, stellaris, halo, and the trails series. Nothing too serious on there. I would like to get a 4k computer to use with my 4k monitor if possible. But i know you looking at 1k plus for that.