Call Me Late But I Just Witnessed A Bit Of PC Gaming For The 1st Time(Outside of Playing Solitaire)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I dont think GTA mods are like that.. pretty sure they just streamline straight to Steam and you can log in through Steam to them now

You're thinking of dedicated Skyrim mods that make people purple and shyt

these would be like joining a custom lobby in GTA 5 with more customization, if that makes sense.

no, GTA V is pretty well known for not supporting mods, and for being one of the more complicated games to mod. you need to download a couple of tools just to get them working

awhile back there was controversy because Take-Two was going after mod makers. they've eased up (at the request of Rockstar), but it's still not officially supported

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
I am not dissuaded by all the modding I’ll have to do. I actually somewhat enjoy that type of sh*t, especially when I know what it’s doing.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
no, GTA V is pretty well known for not supporting mods, and for being one of the more complicated games to mod. you need to download a couple of tools just to get them working

awhile back there was controversy because Take-Two was going after mod makers. they've eased up (at the request of Rockstar), but it's still not officially supported
I think you have no knowledge on the subject sir.. GTA 5 has been like top 3 most popular game on twitch the past 1 1/2 years because hundreds of thousands of people watch the modded servers...

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think you have no knowledge on the subject sir.. GTA 5 has been like top 3 most popular game on twitch the past 1 1/2 years because hundreds of thousands of people watch the modded servers...

I never said you couldn't mod the game. just that there no official support (Steam Workshop, etc), and it requires tools, besides modded files, to get it working. although there are .exe's that will install the tools and files you need

different modded GTA RP servers require different mods, plus they have limited capacity. they are private servers, where you usually have to sign up somewhere, get on a waiting list, etc. Lirik and Summit used to play on the NoPixel server, which was limited to 32 people, and was pretty much impossible to join (if you weren't a big time streamer)

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

Yall are both right actually.

What people are watching is FiveM(or even people that mod using OpenIV), which does a lot of the heavy lifting for you...but there is no Steam Workshop for GTA V. If you want to mod GTA V you essentially need to back up folders and have a modded version of the game and a clean version of the game and run a third-party program/mod manager. Some of it is easy, some of it can prove to be difficult without doing some reading. :yeshrug:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
This is why I game on PC.
WiEsUR2.png

LdQIbJG.png
FvJnkIj.png
oQkkrRU.png
MGgdETc.png
Jib1K0O.png
x1tbwYp.png
ehd50r3.png

After experiencing mods, I could never go back to consoles as my main place to pay games.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I never said you couldn't mod the game. just that there no official support (Steam Workshop, etc), and it requires tools, besides modded files, to get it working. although there are .exe's that will install the tools and files you need

different modded GTA RP servers require different mods, plus they have limited capacity. they are private servers, where you usually have to sign up somewhere, get on a waiting list, etc. Lirik and Summit used to play on the NoPixel server, which was limited to 32 people, and was pretty much impossible to join (if you weren't a big time streamer)
Nopixel is 128 players now breh, i think you working with out dated info

they have a wait list by choice, if you ever checked their application process out

hundreds of thousands have applied. Only like 100 white listed players. Theyre super strict on who they let on the server at all.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Nopixel is 128 players now breh, i think you working with out dated info

they have a wait list by choice, if you ever checked their application process out

hundreds of thousands have applied. Only like 100 white listed players. Theyre super strict on who they let on the server at all.

my point still stands, since a small percentage of people will be able to play on that server

and there's similar situations on other RP servers. and it's completely understandable, since there's plenty of grievers, and other shytheads out there that just want to fukk it up for everyone. people pay for private servers, and don't want to deal with that shyt

you gotta jump through some hoops to play GTA RP. my devils advocate point was that some people don't want to do all that