Call Me Late But I Just Witnessed A Bit Of PC Gaming For The 1st Time(Outside of Playing Solitaire)

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I was watching a friend play GTA V(he was playing as the police using the LSPDfr mod to be exact), and all I have to ask is - how on earth does one prefer console gameplay over this?? Serious question:mindblown:
Not knowing any better. I was always team console until I went to a friends house and played PUBG on PC. Sold my consoles shortly after

frames>>>>>>><

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
What did you notice in the gameplay that makes you ask that question? :jbhmm:

EV-RY-THING. Literally. There is NOTHING about console gameplay that even comes close to PC gameplay. And it’s just crazy how I‘ve literally spent YEARS now not knowing any better. Turned off by the keyboard, not knowing you could just use a controller. I was also under the false impression that the graphics sucked. Just all types of ignorance :snoop:

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
The ability to mod the game and play as an actual cop :mindblown:

I've been sleeping on pc gaming for far too long.

It’s crazy breh. And the graphics. It’s all just, REAL. The call signs, the lingo, the vehicles. You’re literally a cop, and it’s fun. Or you can play as a gangbanger like Families or Ballas and just be in them streets getting money. Which is super fun because you’re not as restricted by the law as you are when playing as a cop. I now watch streams of guys who do both. It’s f*cking crazy. I’m scared. I really am. I can see that becoming all I ever want to do in my free time and that’s not good for me. I got work to do and karate and family responsibilities. I can’t get addicted to gaming for 6hrs a day :damn:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
What did you notice in the gameplay that makes you ask that question? :jbhmm:
Ill humor this

on pc you can mod games

gta 5 is really popular now due to FiveM/RP mods

modders customize the city in basic terms say cops vs criminals

Different cars (can make and import 2020 models of cars), clothes, guns, etc.

Also can customize buildings, so can walk into every building, customize it to your liking etc

That random house on a random block? Can get that and customize it etc.

Thats the most basic way to describe, goes way more into depth than that though

theyre currently modding Red Dead Redemption 2 for this now as well

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Ill humor this

on pc you can mod games

Also can customize buildings, so can walk into every building, customize it to your liking etc

Mind blowing, breh. That’s all I can say. When you see it/play it in person there’s no comparison.

And so, for someone like me who’s been in the dark for so long- the first thing that comes to your mind is “why tf have I been wasting all this time and money on consoles? :mindblown:”- hence the thread.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Ill humor this

on pc you can mod games

You know I think I misinterpreted the post. After reading thru I understand now. And yeah I agree with your points. Definitely a fan of pc gaming.

Speaking of which, you look like your knowledgeable on this. I have gta on steam. I beat the game already and just doing random stuff to try and get as much of the 100% checklist done. I mess with the online version a bit but mostly played on ps4, and ps3 before that, cuz that's where most of the people on the coli were playing online. I had downloaded some mod but I think it was messing with my single player game during the middle of the whole campaign and I didn't want to have my save data erased. Some scripthookv thing. What I'm thinking of doing is getting the game thru Epic since its free and trying some of those mods you mentioned. Do you think that would be possible so I don't corrupt my steam save file? What resources do you recommend for those mods?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Mind blowing, breh. That’s all I can say. When you see it/play it in person there’s no comparison.

And so, for someone like me who’s been in the dark for so long- the first thing that comes to your mind is “why tf have I been wasting all this time and money on consoles? :mindblown:”- hence the thread.
They even got console gaming on pc. Xbox has game pass for pc, think it's like ten a month, no xbox live required for online play. PS4 got ps now I believe. Don't think you get all the games available on consoles but still decent enough. If they offer some decent games next gen I might just skip getting the new xbox and play the games on pc instead. Everything moving towards the cloud anyways so no need to buy some console you can't upgrade and will become obsolete in the future.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to play the devils advocate, modding can be complicated and frustrating. some people just wanna play the game, and not spend time editing .ini files and shyt
Some mods are as easy as downloading the modded file or mod manager and:

Extract the mod manager anywhere (if you're upgrading from an old version, simply extract it over the older version).
Before running the mod manager for the first time, ensure all PAK files in your RE3 install are unmodified (to easily do this, right-click the game in Steam and choose "verify file integrity").
Run the mod manager and select Resident Evil 3 as game.
Drag and drop RE3 mods in RAR format onto the mod manager window (make sure to have RE3 selected) OR copy mods to "[modmanager]\Games\RE3R\Mods"
Run mod manager, click on "Manage Mods" and click on mods to install or uninstall them.

That's not really complicated breh :troll:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Some mods are as easy as downloading the modded file or mod manager and:

Extract the mod manager anywhere (if you're upgrading from an old version, simply extract it over the older version).
Before running the mod manager for the first time, ensure all PAK files in your RE3 install are unmodified (to easily do this, right-click the game in Steam and choose "verify file integrity").
Run the mod manager and select Resident Evil 3 as game.
Drag and drop RE3 mods in RAR format onto the mod manager window (make sure to have RE3 selected) OR copy mods to "[modmanager]\Games\RE3R\Mods"
Run mod manager, click on "Manage Mods" and click on mods to install or uninstall them.

That's not really complicated breh :troll:

all jokes aside, it's pretty easy if the game actually has a mod manager. even easier if it has Steam Workshop support

my gf's son likes to install 100's of mods. then if I want to play with him, I gotta download all those mods too...

angtft.jpg

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
to play the devils advocate, modding can be complicated and frustrating. some people just wanna play the game, and not spend time editing .ini files and shyt
I dont think GTA mods are like that.. pretty sure they just streamline straight to Steam and you can log in through Steam to them now

You're thinking of dedicated Skyrim mods that make people purple and shyt

these would be like joining a custom lobby in GTA 5 with more customization, if that makes sense.