Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
I do think the orgs like NCobra - have been approaching our claim as "all Black people" -- and not making it specific to us has stopped the progress over the years.

Also, race-based policies are banned in California. So, this has to be specific. So, if they would. have done race-based -- that would have guaranteed it would have been denied.

To hear more in detail about that, as I am not the best explainer -- listen to the call -- the last two hrs of the call. It covers that.

And the messed up part -- is they NCobra and NAARC members on the panel KNEW THAT.
The last part of my post for full context (added on before your quote):
Like the post above me said, the issue has always been the fact that the government hasn't wanted to pay. This whole lineage debate, up until today, has been completely out of sequence and turned otherwise comrades against each other. That annoys the hell out of me with this era's reparations movement.

I don't believe the government has ever wanted to pay reparations, no matter which way you slice it, and groups like Ncobra/Naarc became the scapegoat for that harsh reality. If anything this 'debate' has been the biggest impediment over the past few years cause it prevented people that should've been working together all along to achieve the commitment on the government's part.

We're blessed like no generation before with high-speed internet, smart devices, social media, etc-- tools to our advantage that we turned on each other Black immigrants when all along, the lineage debate only matters when reparations is passed and being ironed out in a commission like California's.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
The argument against reparations using cash payments because of inflation is a weak excuse

1 If using Ukraine the current and past Washington White house policy and proxy war against China and Russia has backfired yes. Food prices are going up. Russia supplies a lot of the world's Gas.Ukraine supplies much of the world's bread. Bad foreign policy needs to be corrected but that doesn't negate the obligation of Reparations check payments. Get a backbone honestly.

2. ADOS Reparations movement leader Carnell proposed 20 Trilllion down payment. All 20 Trillion is unlikely and not necessarily desired to be released at once due to budget and other concerns like inflation. Do it in parts.

3. in the case of Ukraine the American people have waved Ukraine flags and even Black Amercians have consented to paying increases prices on gas and food to help white people in Ukraine to not have to become apart of Russia and to support a failed foreign policy.

Then they should be able to support Reparations policy that restores a segment of the American population that can increase productivity with funding of checks, supporting Education, housing etc. job protections and employment etc.

But again Americans were willing to bite the bullet not just with billions, but the economic fallout of confronting and antoginzing Russia and by proxy, Russia's ally China.

Last edited:

Asicz

Daps
The government not wanting to pay is a foolish talking point

The government didn't want to do a lot of things until it did
Gay Marraige

Drug legalization decriminzalation

Civil Rights Acts

Slavery Abolition etc

Have a little courage for once damn

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
The government not wanting to pay is a foolish talking point

The government didn't want to do a lot of things until it did
Gay Marraige

Drug legalization decriminzalation

Civil Rights Acts

Slavery Abolition etc

Have a little courage for once damn
That’s the reality bro, they didn’t/don’t want to pass those things either. That’s not to frame it as impossible but to take on the fight for what it actually is. It isn’t with each other over lineage and designations, it’s with them, dragging their feet for 250+ years.

Asicz

Daps
The last part of my post for full context (added on before your quote):

I don't believe the government has ever wanted to pay reparations, no matter which way you slice it, and groups like Ncobra/Naarc became the scapegoat for that harsh reality. If anything this 'debate' has been the biggest impediment over the past few years cause it prevented people that should've been working together all along to achieve the commitment on the government's part.

We're blessed like no generation before with high-speed internet, smart devices, social media, etc-- tools to our advantage that we turned on each other Black immigrants when all along, the lineage debate only matters when reparations is passed and being ironed out in a commission like California's.

This is incorrect you talking as if NCOBRA vs ADOS or the critique of NCOBRA involvement and approach are just trivial Black infighting. The differing approach to reparations has and had grave seriousness in the ability to for legislation to potentially pass be developed and advocated for.

You are either ignorant of the work that was done to move reparations to the forefront or don't care it did not happen accidentally.
It to struggle trategy and thinking and most of all labor and sacrifice

This isn't just bickering.NCOBRA and people who share their ideology getting it wrong on eligibility criteria leaves reparations vulnerable to attack.

Also their past inactivity at the level of legislation, at the political and electoral level for decades has been damaging to the cause of reparations in America.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
This is incorrect you talking as if NCOBRA vs ADOS or the critique of NCOBRA involvement and approach are just trivial Black infighting. The differing approach to reparations has and had grave seriousness in the ability to for legislation to potentially pass be developed and advocated for.

You are either ignorant of the work that was done to move reparations to the forefront or don't care it did not happen accidentally.

This isn't just bickering.NCOBRA and people who share their ideology getting it wrong on eligibility criteria leaves reparations vulnerable to attack.

Also their past inactivity at the level of legislation, at the political and electoral level for decades has been damaging to the cause of repartions in America.

They need to be removed -- and have nothing to do with our redress claims. They are getting paid millions of dollars too to be opps.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps

Also their past inactivity at the level of legislation, at the political and electoral level for decades has been damaging to the cause of repartions in America.
Once again, the actual sequence of events is that California completed all milestones required to achieve reparations— and then ironed out the lineage portion in their commission.

The notion that they were “inactive” goes again to my point about how we’re blessed with high speed internet, smart devices and social media. Ncobra or not, reparations advocates couldn’t discuss, collab, or share information like this prior to this era. It’s not that they were inactive, they just didn’t have the same tools or convenience.

Asicz

Daps
That’s the reality bro, they didn’t/don’t want to pass those things either. That’s not to frame it as impossible but to take on the fight for what it actually is. It isn’t with each other over lineage and designations, it’s with them, dragging their feet for 250+ years.

ADOS people and ADOS movement people have every right and obligation to acknowledge their history condition and describe it in comparison to other ethnic groups in the Black diaspora.
Other Black ethnic groups in America have different wealth levels education levels and cost that has been shown in data.

There has been opposition and an difference political and racial attitudes between Black ethnic groups. There also has been documented preference toward first and second generation Black immigrants in America.

It is counter productive to ignore and accept these issues in the interest of Black Unity while native Black American wealth conditions are at zero.

ADOS has already been obviously critical of USA "dragging it's feet on reparations" Because guess what it is a reparations advocacy group.
I hate to say it but that is a stupid point.
And part of the reason you made that stupid point is because lack of respect for Native Born Black Americans and reparations.

In Haiti in order to abolish slavery you got to slice the throat of other Black slaves that are in the way not just white slave owners.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Once again, the actual sequence of events is that California completed all milestones required to achieve reparations— and then ironed out the lineage portion in their commission.

The notion that they were “inactive” goes again to my point about how we’re blessed with high speed internet, smart devices and social media. Ncobra or not, reparations advocates couldn’t discuss, collab, or share information like this prior to this era. It’s not that they were inactive, they just didn’t have the same tools or convenience.
I think it was specific.

California Assembly Bill 3121 establishes the Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans, with a Special Consideration for African Americans Who are Descendants of Persons Enslaved in the United States (Task Force or Reparations Task Force). The purpose of the Task Force is: (1) to study and develop reparation proposals for African Americans; (2) to recommend appropriate ways to educate the California public of the task force's findings; and (3) to recommend appropriate remedies in consideration of the Task Force’s findings.

By statute, the Task Force consists of nine members. Five members are appointed by the Governor, two members are appointed by the President pro Tempore of the Senate, and two members by the Speaker of the Assembly. Task Force members are drawn from diverse backgrounds to represent the interests of communities of color throughout the state, have experience working to implement racial justice reform, and, to the extent possible, represent geographically diverse areas of the state. The Task Force may hold hearings, hear witness testimony, and request the production of evidence. To attend an upcoming meeting or view past meetings, please visit our AB 3121: Reparations Task Force Meetings page.

The bolded was what we cleared up today. People thinking AA=all Black people

Bill Text - AB-3121 Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans.

Asicz

Daps

You get it wrong again brehs
NCOBRA Had The internet from the 90s on. The got active social media only until 2019!

And yes the ADOS Movement has done a great job of using the internet.
The internet is really cool.

NCOBRA was not active in pressuring Democratic congress members on signing onto Bills like HR40. Or advocating for Democrats to include Reparations in the Democratic Agenda for decades until ADOS movement got involved

The lack of Bqlck people not holding Black groups like NCOBRA accountable and other Black organization and disengaged with politics have had poor results

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
ADOS people and ADOS mevemtn people have every right and obligation to acknowledge their history condition and describe it in comparison to other ethnic groups in the Black diaspora.
Other Black ethnic groups in America have different wealth levels education levels and cost that has been shown in data.

There has been opposition and an difference political and racial attitudes between Black ethnic groups. There also has been documented preference toward first and second generation Black immigrants in America.

It is counter productive to ignore and accept these issues in the interest of Black Unity while natice Black American wralth codnitons are at zero.

ADOS has already been obviously critical of USA "dragging it's feet on reparations" Because guess what it is a repartion advocacy group.
I hate to say it but that is a stupid point.
And part of the reason you made that stupid point is because lack of respect forNarive Born Black American and reparations.

In Haiti in order to abolish slavery you goto slice the throat of other Black slaves that are in the way not just white slave owners.
I’m starting to think you may be drunk (the multiple typos) plus I should really be asleep so we can park this convo for later. But so we’re clear, I’m a Black American. My cousins in California will benefit from this commission.
I think it was specific. This is the author of the bill.

And she’s a Pan Africanist like Ncobra/Naarc. I’m just trying to provide insight on priorities and what constitutes an enemy.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I’m starting to think you may be drunk (the multiple typos) plus I should really be asleep so we can park this convo for later. But so we’re clear, I’m a Black American. My cousins in California will benefit from this commission.

And she’s a Pan Africanist like Ncobra/Naarc. I’m just trying to provide insight on priorities and what constitutes an enemy.

We can support Pan-Africanism -- but for redress and reparations everyone must be respectful. Today what the Pan-Africanist did on that call and panel was disgusting.

The bill author supports lineage based only -- and the Pan-Africanist on the panel were not AA-- and tried to stop it from happening. It was really sickening and disrespectful.

Honestly, the whole call and this taskforce for eligibly was a slap in our face.

Asicz

Daps

Man I'm sober on mobile with some typos Your corny ass will be ok. Trust me. And I am way more logical and informed than what you are posting...

That's all what you had to reply ? You from California? That's really really good.

What constitutes an opponent is NCOBRA conduct and and their version of Pan Africansim that pritoritzes an idea of Africa over specific lineage, and stats based justice claims
Go watch some Yvette Carnell breaking brown videos subscribe to her newsletter and get informed and get some good data plan and watch hours of her videos!

Last edited:

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
You get it wrong again brehs
NCOBRA Had The internet from the 90s on. The got active social media only until 2019!

And yes the ADOS Movement has done a great job of using the internet.
The internet is really cool.

NCOBRA was not active in pressuring Democratic congress members on signing onto Bills like HR40. Or advocating for Democrats to include Reparations in the Democratic Agenda for decades until ADOS movement got involved

The lack of Bqlck people not holding Black groups like NCOBRA accountable and other Black organization and disengaged with politics have had poor results
This is my last post for now but come on bro. Lol. Dial up internet and AOL discs is not on par with the 4G/5G internet on a *computer* in palm of your hands right now. There are countless people that have made a career or brand for themselves with today's technology/platforms, and they couldn't have done that 10 years ago. Let alone 20 or 30 years ago.

I think people are getting too lost in the sauce with regards to reparations. ADOS has definitely shown how today's technology can be leveraged, but once you start talking this shyt about how previous generations weren't "engaged", you're going off the rails.

Asicz

Daps
This is my last post for now but come on bro. Lol. Dial up internet and AOL discs is not on par with the 4G/5G internet on a *computer* in palm of your hands right now. There are countless people that have made a career or brand for themselves with today's technology/platforms, and they couldn't have done that 10 years ago. Let alone 20 or 30 years ago.

I think people are getting too lost in the sauce with regards to reparations. ADOS has definitely shown how today's technology can be leveraged, but once you start talking this shyt about how previous generations weren't "engaged", you're going off the rails.
It is in an accurate assessment. This sensitivity with sound critique of a Black Pan Africansist org has go to go.

NCOBRA has been around since the 90s. 4g internet for years. Smart phones been around for over a decade NCOBRA just popped up on Twitter on 2019 as documented on their Twitter profile.
That is late and irresponsible for a advocacy organization.

If you are too afraid to have truthful critiques and praise and discussionof Black Advocacy organization whether NAACP, ADOSAF then I dunno what to tell you.

ADOS movement co-founders and NCOBRA both had access to the same internet for the past 12 years. And their actions are different. One got Repartions discussed during the Presidential election for the first time ever at high level. That took work the other was largely inactive in a effective or meaningful way.

At this point I've made my statements about the history of NCOBRA vs ADOS movement reparations activity.

You made a statement trivializing a real disagreement on criteria, tactics and actions that can sink a Repartions movement or have it succeed.

I don't think I see the need for us to discuss anything further.

Last edited: