Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
What fukkery?

You gotta listen to that long ass 10hr call. It was a MESS. We were literally fighting for our ancestors and family up in there --- and the two main people trying to stop it was those two women.

It was people getting smart with eachother. Going back and forth. It was just... man.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Alot of ppl involve with ulterior motives, goofy shyt on Twitter...

I don't mean to derail the thread

I love the news

I hope not. We just have to stay on task -- and really check these people.

Apparently NCobra got 3 million to even do the task force. And they were the main ones on all Black people should get money on the panel! They were also calling in talking that nonsense.

It's paid sabotage.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
The reason why I won't agree is because there ain't enough money in the world to adequately compensate via check.

Free Education however will give one the ability to generate income without the penalties of learning
No student loans to pay back
nah I’m good. Money is the strongest asset you can have. Even if black folk get free education we would still be applying for work at racist white institutions being denied promotions etc. Or we could get cash and open our own shyt so we don’t gotta fukk wit these cacs no more. :jawalrus:

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
My grandparents from SC don’t even have

nah I’m good. Money is the strongest asset you can have. Even if black folk get free education we would still be applying for work at racist white institutions being denied promotions etc. Or we could get cash and open our own shyt so we don’t gotta fukk wit these cacs no more. :jawalrus:

Yup. Also, we are trying to figure out how to put it in a trust or how to protect the descendents from getting hustled when we do get paid. So, each generation is set.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
And we just gave the Ukrainian a billion in aid but we can’t give money to a minority group in America? Some how when it come to nikkas it’s unaffordable?

Something not adding up. I ain’t book smart with a degree like some of you cats but something don’t make sense to me with that argument.:mjpls:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
I get it -- but I think we living in the US is good. Because it's common sense that if you were Black and living in the US before the 19th Century -- you were either enslaved or a Free Negro/FPOC.

And again -- they have to PROVE via records.
@xoxodede
To myslef, Antonio Moore and Yvette Carnell the way the sentence is organized looked like two disctinct separate clauses in one continuous sentence.

Clause 1 "African American descendant chatell enslaved person" (This can be meant to include Black Jamican Americans descendants of slaves who are commonly and simultaneously referred to as African American)

Clause 2 "or the descendant of a free Black person living in thev US prior to end of 19th century."

They could have just used the original clear language that Antinio Moore used with zero wiggle room so there is no need for reading in between the lines.

I hate that I will probably have to put you back on ignore as I had you on ignore for over a year or two until recently because I noticed that you have showed a routine issue with, and almost willful disregard for reading comprehension.

I also don't need you to ever point out to me when the 19th century occured.

Last edited:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
@xoxodede
To myslef, Antonio Moore and YYvette Carnell the way the sentence is organized looked like two disctinct separate clauses in one continuous sentence.

Clause 1 "African American descendant chatell enslaved person" (This can be meant to include Black Jamican Americans descendants of slaves who are commonly and simultaneously referred to as African American)

Clause 2 "or the descendant of a free Black person living in thev US prior to end of 19th century."

They could have just used the original clear language that Antinio Moore used with zero wiggle room so there is no need for reading in between the lines.

I hate that I will probably have to put you back on ignore as I had you on ignore for over a year or two until recently because I noticed that you have showed a routine issue with, and almost willful disregard for reading comprehension.

I also don't need you to ever point out to me when the 19th century occured.

Ok. I didn't mean to cause any issues. Take care.

Asicz

Daps
Black Americans need to restrategize and take their fights to the international courts. America is no longer the world's policeman. By not seeking help outside, you helped to create the false image to the world that the US is a great fair place.

This is convuluted nonsense. You've made routine semi veiled anti native Black American/anti #ADOS post throughout your time on the coli. You as a non ADOS should stay the fukk out of this one.

Last edited:

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tell that to Ukraine that just got 13Billion of our tax dollars :what: fukk that other shyt u talking cut the check :camby:
While I certainly disagree with @Absolut da poet ® on what the money should spent on( FBA/ADOS have a right to do whatever with the money, with no restrictions whatsoever because its a debt. Stipulating how the owed money should be spent would be like you telling your bank or landlord what he should spend your mortgage/rent payments on. )

With that said, i am still able to admit that @Absolut da poet ® is right on the amount exceeding the US govt's ability to pay. @ORDER_66 , i know it's frustrating to see ukraine getting that 16billion, but if you were to divide their earnings per capita, that 16billion only results in $300 per each of the 60million Ukrainian citizens for the entire year. You'd get similar figures if you divided the aid that went to afghani(s) last year also. So keep in mind that you are NOT asking for 300bucks, but are instead requesting hundreds of thousands of dollars for the 30ish million ados/fba. The amounts are not comparable.

Furthermore, the issue with a drawn out payment is that you cannot predict how favorable future generations of white/hispanic/asian people will be to still honoring their word. It would be similar to how whites were supportive of reparations, voting rights, and physical protection of black people at the start of the reconstruction era, but they could not care less about it only 25yrs later, leading to disenfranchisement of black people through stolen reparations, jimcrow, vagrancy acts, lynchings, etc.:ld:

It may be prudent to request an immediately feasible amount to prevent the next generation of whites, or next session of congress, or next administration in WH from reneging their agreements.

Asicz

Daps
"LIVING IN THE US PRIOR
TO THE END OF THE 19TH CENTURY."

:devil:
:evil:

YOU LEFT OUT THE FIRST PART OF THE SENTENCE IN THE MOTION.

THE FIRST CLAUSE IN THE SENTENCE DEFINES THE COMMUNITY OF HARM AS "AFRICAN AMERICAN DESCENDANTS OF CHATTEL ENSLAVED PERSON" (THIS CAN INCLUDE BLACK JAMAICAN AMERCIANS WHO ARE COMMONLY REFERED TO AND SELF DESCRIBE AS AFRCIAN AMERICAN.)

SECOND CLAUSE IN THE SENTENCE
"OR THE DESCENDANTS OF A FREE BLACK PERSON LIVING IN THE US PRIOR TO THE END of the 19TH CENTURY."

THE WORDS "IN AMERICA" SHOULD HAVE BEEN INCLUDED RIGHT AFTER THE WORD "ENSLAVED PERSON". PEOPLE WHO ARE COMPETENT WRITE LAWS CLEARLY.

PEOPLE WHO ARE INCOMPETENT OR WANT TO NOT EXCLUDE BLACKS LIKE CARIBBEAN AMERICANS WRITE THE MOTION THE WAY IT JUST WAS.

FPEVniOVEAEf-Im

Last edited:

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Limiting to lineage makes total sense from a federal standpoint as well as for most former slave owning states, but in the case of California, where the vast majority of Black residents reached the state in the 20th century, how does one prove that descendants of US slavery suffered more discriminatory practices from the state than Black immigrants?

Couldn’t the state counter-argue this? My big concern here is that this debate over an already small segment of California’s Black population could allow the state to wiggle their way into limiting the reparation to only those who can trace their family in the STATE to the 19th century, which would take out the vast majority of California’s Black population.

Am I tripping here? If so please let me know.
:heh:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I haven't been following the bill that closely, but sounds good. Hopefully, the bill makes it clear that reparations must be done on the federal level, and it must include financial compensation.

Asicz

Daps
@im_sleep How about fukk YOU and your laughing Drake smile.

Go somewhere instead and laugh at some Holocaust survivors and their descendants instead. Go see where that gets you.