Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
You realize that when money is more readily available it is worth less.
So it's buying power decreases so the face value is not what you actually getting on top of the fact that
There ain't enough money in the GDP to payout every man, woman and child for decades to make it equate to what is owed. The Govt will still need to function before and after

it will not benefit people without knowledge of how to use that money they receive. It will disappear like the wind and they'll still be in the same position in the long term

Education is more valuable than the check

It would make more sense to say everyone gets free Rent

:mjlol:WTF A 50 YR OLD NEGRO
GONNA DO WITH FREE EDUCATION?

BEEN SET BACK ALL THEIR LIVES
BUT HEY GO GET SOME FREE SCHOOL
AND THEY WILL MAKE UP
FOR YOUR STRUGGLE.
:devil:
:evil:

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Yvette Carnell and Antonio Moore on twitter pounted outbwhat was thinking also.
The language in terms of "community of harm" as " African Americans descendants of chattel slaves" is a little vague.

The Carribean had chattel slavery. The descandst could be present day 1st to 3rd generation Jamaican Americans

This is the language:
FPD71J5UcAI6_q1

19th Century ended: 1900

nullnullnullnull

Peace ✌🏿
Daps
I’m a full blown Pan-Africanist and a black immigrant and this is a really good thing. This gets the ball rolling in so many ways.

I’ve had my disagreements with certain AA posters about their rhetoric towards immigrants/non-AAs but I am pro-reparations, pro-black power and pro-justice for AAs and this is the quickest way to get it. We can’t muddy the waters. We have to be clear about lineage designating reparations claims.

Just like a black Jamaican must get their reparations for chattel enslavement from Britain or an Afro-Brazilian must get their reparations from Portugal, AAs are owed by America. It’s simple to me. There should be no confusion about this.

To espouse an old clichéd adage: we can’t play checkers, we must play chess. This is chess brothers and sisters. Viva Black America! This is the beginning of justice!

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
The language in terms of "community of harm" as " African Americans descendants of chattel slaves" is a little vague.

The Carribean had chattel slavery. The descandst could be present day 1st to 3rd generation Jamaican Americans

"LIVING IN THE US PRIOR
TO THE END OF THE 19TH CENTURY."

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

I get it -- but I think we living in the US is good. Because it's common sense that if you were Black and living in the US before the 19th Century -- you were either enslaved or a Free Negro/FPOC.

And again -- they have to PROVE via records.

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
:mjlol:WTF A 50 YR OLD NEGRO
GONNA DO WITH FREE EDUCATION?

BEEN SET BACK ALL THEIR LIVES
BUT HEY GO GET SOME FREE SCHOOL
AND THEY WILL MAKE UP
FOR YOUR STRUGGLE.

I'm not against getting money .. but I'm looking at the reality of how you receive it within the current structure of the economy

Raw Checks will have a negative impact and won't be enough anyway. Just look at what's happening now with inflation.. and multiply that by 20

Your electric bills, gas, Food, clothes ..as soon as you get that check everything goes up in price x 20

And we are descendants of those who cannot receive what is owed.. I'm about removing obstacles to long term prosperity so that's what I'm getting at
The future. A 50yr old has most of their life behind them already. It's likely we will not see any compensation. (Me & You)
This is really about our grandchildren at this point.

Add to the fact that Ray- Ray, Pookie and them just gonna give that raw check right back to the white man buying Jordans, beer and dumb shyt

I'm not against a payout. Read my post. They owe Quadrillions worth. But it cannot be paid because they can't afford it. That's really my point

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'm not against getting money .. but I'm looking at the reality of how you receive it within the current structure of the economy

Raw Checks will have a negative impact and won't be enough anyway. Just look at what's happening now with inflation.. and multiply that by 20

Your electric bills, gas, Food, clothes ..as soon as you get that check everything goes up in price x 20

And we are descendants of those who cannot receive what is owed.. I'm about removing obstacles to long term prosperity so that's what I'm getting at

I'm not against a payout. Read my post. They owe Quadrillions worth. But it cannot be paid because they can't afford it. That's really my point
AND GOING TO SCHOOL
MAKES ZERO SENSE
FOR THE MAJORITY OF ADULTS...

SO YOUR "REPARATIONS"
IS FOR YOUNG PPL HUH?

PPL NEED MONEY PERIOD.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
What we didn't specify and get right in the Cali bill -- we will get right with the next state reparations bill. And get better and better with verbiage as we go. Meaning being very specific.

We learned today that every word counts.

This is new for us -- and we are all learning as we go.

BUT!! The main thing is we have to be recognized as our own ethnic group. The two women on the panel from the Caribbean -- kept saying they were AA -- and they were not.

They think Black=AA. They know they are Caribbean-American -- but when they were on the panel -- they were trying to get the definition of AA to mean ALL Black people.

This is a BIG issue.

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
Critics also say that California has no obligation to pay up given that the state did not practice slavery and did not enforce Jim Crow laws that segregated Black people from white people in the southern states.
fukk OUTTA HERE.

California system has treated black people as second slass citizens since the beginning.

Black people weren't allowed to get in on the gold rush.

Not mention LAPD being murderous in their dealings with black folk.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
What we didn't specify and get right in the Cali bill -- we will get right with the next state reparations bill. And get better and better with verbiage as we go. Meaning being very specific.

We learned today that every word counts.

This is new for us -- and we are all learning as we go.

BUT!! The main thing is we have to be recognized as our own ethnic group. The two women on the panel from the Caribbean -- kept saying they were AA -- and they were not.

They think Black=AA
. They know they are Caribbean-American -- but when they were on the panel -- they were trying to get the definition of AA to mean ALL Black people.

This is a BIG issue.

THOSE bytchES WERE
JUST PLAYING DUMB.

THEY KNOW EXACTLY
WHO THEY ARE AND WHO
WE ARE...

SAME ONES WHO
WOULD CORRECT YOU
IN A HEART BEAT IF YOU
CALLED THEM AA OUTSIDE
OF THIS PANEL.

:scust:"IM NOT AA IM JAMAICAN"