Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
How do you prove all this? I'm pretty sure they are going to want documents and what not, how many black people can say they have documents spanning that far back.

@xoxodede posted a free site where you can look up this info but I forgot what it was.

I personally did a free trial version of Ancestry.com where I was able to trace my ancestors back to the 1860 census.

Take 10 minutes out of your day register a trial and you will know.

They have marriage records census records, death records, prison records(I found out that my grand father worked at a prison camp mine, cacs used to lock up and lease out prisoners back then for nothing)

Read

Last edited:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
I've had that same concern and it just gets dismissed as if it's easy to prove.

Another idea that I think I heard @phcitywarrior come up with is to just give Reparations to any Black person who's got a family member here before 1960ish when Black Immigrants started arriving as well

You all's concerns are not valid though most FBA/ADOS can trace their families back to the 1860 census.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Wtf are you even saying, this is step one, once the amounts are decided yes there will be a finite amount. Knowing there will a finite amount SCRUTINY IS A MUST. fukk yo feelings
This should be the first fight. There is no discernible “finite” amount of people with ancestry from American slavery. It makes no sense to come up with an amount of money before you even know the amount of people. That ain’t how funding works.

If we let them scrutinize who should get it first then we are shortchanging ourselves out the gate.

Again just to fight against the people who have no power over any of this :francis:

Again what are you talking about people having no power, there are immigrants on this task force and one is the head of HR40. There are plenty of immigrants who have power on whether we get paid or not, you just not paying attention.
Stop it. The people who have power over this is the American Government period. Not the immigrants you think are trying to leech of you

[quote This ain’t no simple discussion with your kids, this about addressing the biggest crime is human rights history within this country. This claim is for a specific people… so I repeat fukk yo feelings if you can’t see that.
[/quote]
And immigrants have nothing to do with the fight, so why are you concerned with them.

Lastly no one asked you and this notion we should be cool with folks scamming us as long as they’re black says a lot about you more than us.
No one would be scamming you. That’s what I’m trying to tell you. Your emotions tell you they are scamming you. In reality they’d be getting what they can from the GOV. In any scenario someone will be scamming them and getting money they don’t deserve. If we let them make us prove lineage that most of us can’t even prove then we will be leaving out lots of people who deserve the money and opening the door for a different kind of scammer. Same shyt. The more scrutiny we allow/promote the more excuses the government has for fukkery.

They purposely erased our history, and now you want those same people to have us prove our history to them. Make it make sense:stopitslime:

Instead of getting inspired and fighting for their reparations like several immigrant brothers in here have said in this thread, here you are in our mix finger wagging saying we should be cool with the leeching off us and we’re the selfish ones and not the scammers… you’ve lost your damn mind.
Nobody leaching off you breh.

The fact that you are stuck on that despite reality shows that you are looking at this selfishly, emotionally.

You are doing the same as cacs who keep voting against their self interest cause they think they are stopping the Mexicans and blacks from taking their stuff :smh:

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
This should be the first fight. There is no discernible “finite” amount of people with ancestry from American slavery. It makes no sense to come up with an amount of money before you even know the amount of people. That ain’t how funding works.

If we let them scrutinize who should get it first then we are shortchanging ourselves out the gate.

Again just to fight against the people who have no power over any of this :francis:

Stop it. The people who have power over this is the American Government period. Not the immigrants you think are trying to leech of you

[quote This ain’t no simple discussion with your kids, this about addressing the biggest crime is human rights history within this country. This claim is for a specific people… so I repeat fukk yo feelings if you can’t see that.
And immigrants have nothing to do with the fight, so why are you concerned with them.

No one would be scamming you. That’s what I’m trying to tell you. Your emotions tell you they are scamming you. In reality they’d be getting what they can from the GOV. In any scenario someone will be scamming them and getting money they don’t deserve. If we let them make us prove lineage that most of us can’t even prove then we will be leaving out lots of people who deserve the money and opening the door for a different kind of scammer. Same shyt. The more scrutiny we allow/promote the more excuses the government has for fukkery.

They purposely erased our history, and now you want those same people to have us prove our history to them. Make it make sense:stopitslime:

Nobody leaching off you breh.

The fact that you are stuck on that despite reality shows that you are looking at this selfishly, emotionally.

You are doing the same as cacs who keep voting against their self interest cause they think they are stopping the Mexicans and blacks from taking their stuff :smh:[/QUOTE]

nikka you in here saying we should be cool with folks scamming our specific claim. Ain’t no justifying scamming, if that’s what you do then stay the hell away from my people with that bullshyt.This is between us and the US government. No one else shouldn’t have a got damned thing to say concerning this unless it’s in support. The diaspora should take notes, copy what we are doing right and avoid what we are doing wrong in this fight. Other than that you can kick rocks with flip flops on.

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
You all's concerns are not valid though most FBA/ADOS can trace their families back to the 1860 census.
:yeshrug:

Just in general conversations most ppl don't know their great grand parents names.

Some aren't even sure where their grandparents were born exactly.

If it's easy then great.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka you in here saying we should be cool with folks scamming our our specific claim. Kick rocks with flip flops on.
That’s that kid shyt I’m talking about.

If I walk in a store with a voucher for some free shyt. I ain’t gone stand there watching people and get mad if they get some free shyt without the voucher.

Who cares if someone makes the same “claim” as you as long as yours fulfilled?

Only reason to be concerned with that is to be selfish and emotional over the topic :manny:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
I've had that same concern and it just gets dismissed as if it's easy to prove.

Another idea that I think I heard @phcitywarrior come up with is to just give Reparations to any Black person who's got a family member here before 1960ish when Black Immigrants started arriving as well

naaaaahhhhhh . no immigrants , no nigerians , jamaicans or any of that shyt . We all know who we are referring to .

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:yeshrug:

Just in general conversations most ppl don't know their great grand parents names.

Some aren't even sure where their grandparents were born exactly.

If it's easy then great.
Lots of people don’t even know who their damn daddy is.

Let alone even talking about adoptions, and people who were misplaced, lost to history, changed names, incarcerated, etc.:smh:

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
:jbhmm:

Do you have those kinds of documents?

I'm legit curious cause I'd bet a large majority do not.

Can you get them?! Probably... the process will vary

maaaaaan they know who the real nikkas are breh . I dont know my great grandparents but I bet im the type aint gotta prove shyt . Im undeniably blacc, non immigrant . :jawalrus:

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
A lot of y’all sound helpless. Do you know your grandparents names? Does your grandma know her maiden name? Her mothers maiden name? Can you spit in a cup and get a DNA sample?

there are many ways to trace your heritage. Everyone knows if their family came here on a plane or a slave ship.

I traced my family back to early 1800’s NC, VA, AL and GA in a month using Ancestry.com then I spit in a cup and traced my DNA. I knew my family was FBA but seems like my bloodline been here since the 1700’s at least.

tracing lineage is the EASY part. Some people who know damn well their family doesn’t qualify are the ones making it seem like it’s an impossible task.

This is a huge victory for FBA even if it’s just on the state level it sets a precedent.