Calif. group votes to limit reparations to slave descendants

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Exactly! Everyone understands the differences between race and ethnicity/lineage except when we are discussing Black Americans. We are divisive when we have the audacity to focus on our people specifically and not all of the diaspora.

That's because the term 'Black' is too ambiguous, thus the need for more clarification, and 'race' is bullshyt.

The ONLY 'Black' people on this planet are descended from Africans and can trace their ancestry to a very specific time, location, and circumstance unique in documented history about 400 years ago.​

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You sounding real stupid right now. The Japanese were allotted only a certain amount of bread so ANY none Japanese person who decided to be a parasite meant someone who deserved it was left out.
Is that the case here? Is there a finite amount of money?

Even then, your scrutiny will undoubtedly leave out some deserving people.

You can miss me with that. No one is fighting African immigrants… we’re actually fighting for US SPECIFICALLY, big difference. I see you though, we are selfish for fighting for what’s ours but the ones trying to leech arent the selfish ones…what kind bullshyt are you on really?
Selfish for fighting the people who have no power over whether you get paid or not. Just to stop them cause you think they are trying to “leech” off you.

That’s kid shyt. I tell my kids that all the time. “Why are you worried about what someone else might get, worry about yourself”

It ain’t your money. If they finesse the gov. Good for them.

If all you cared about was fighting for “US” then all of your energy would be aimed at actually convincing the governments to do the shyt, not fighting over who hypothetically “should” get it.

And why are you constantly bringing up white folks, of course they are going to try to game the system but if your lineage doesn’t go back to 1870 and havent been checking black on the census then you aren’t eligible end of story.
If you ask me, I’d rather people who look like Busta Ryhmes get a check than people who look like Pete Davidson:manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Alot of people get damn near 5 figure checks from the govt every year during tax time and still be broke soon after.

if they fukk off the money, that's on them.

Will most of it go back to cacs....a lot of the bread would sadly. But let it be their choice.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Reparations should be never pay a single tax in your life for anything
Patrice O'neal said this first, but I agree with you. I don't know about "anything" tho, but income tax for sure.

Not having taxes come out of your check every week can easily add a few hundred dollars per pay period for many people.

That's way better than a check for $10,000 or whatever.

As patrice said, you can build wealth by not having income tax

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
can someone fill me in as to california's record with slavery? Fk the state ish, this should be a federal mandate. i fk with the native americans, they got dikked over too and still do just like us...but they get checks AND education benefits

Daps
If your family is on the 1870 census -- that's where we are starting.

I got multiple folks on that census on each side of the family.

They asked questions about "where were your parents from" on that census.....all the answers for my 2x-great and 3x-great grandparents were "Texas, Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia etc."

Honestly think they should have different tiers of reparations.

Like a true ADOS would get a platinum package that includes assistance buying homes, free college for kids or at least the 1st 2 years...help getting post-grad degrees, a cash payout....all of it.

A Jamaican whose family came over in 1930 might get some of the same things...especially stuff related to housing/red lining, but not the cash payout. A Nigerian that came in 1990 might get something but at a lower level than the Jamaican.

This shouldn't be something subject to the whims of white/Latino/Asian people because they will never support it...especially Latino/Asian. They'll help themselves to free shyt but will playa hate every step of the way because they have no concept of American history. Those two groups look at America as a tit to be squeezed for milk but will give NOTHING back. Hence why all those folks are in OUR country instead of in THEIR OWN country trying to fix it. Ain't sacrificed shyt for the Stars & Stripes but want to govern what our people earned through blood, sweat and tears.

Fukk 'em

Gimme my paper :salute:

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy
Is that the case here? Is there a finite amount of money?

Even then, your scrutiny will undoubtedly leave out some deserving people.

Wtf are you even saying, this is step one, once the amounts are decided yes there will be a finite amount. Knowing there will be a finite amount SCRUTINY IS A MUST. fukk yo feelings

Selfish for fighting the people who have no power over whether you get paid or not. Just to stop them cause you think they are trying to “leech” off you.

That’s kid shyt. I tell my kids that all the time. “Why are you worried about what someone else might get, worry about yourself”

Again what are you talking about people having no power, there are immigrants on this task force and one is the head of HR40. There are plenty of immigrants who have power on whether we get paid or not, you just not paying attention.

This ain’t no simple discussion with your kids, this about addressing the biggest crime is human rights history within this country. This claim is for a specific ethnicity not a for an entire race… so I repeat fukk yo feelings if you can’t see that.

It ain’t your money. If they finesse the gov. Good for them.

If all you cared about was fighting for “US” then all of your energy would be aimed at actually convincing the governments to do the shyt, not fighting over who hypothetically “should” get it.

If you ask me, I’d rather people who look like Busta Ryhmes get a check than people who look like Pete Davidson:manny:

Lastly no one asked you. Government allocated funds for reparations IS OUR MONEY fukk is you talking about?!

This notion we should be cool with folks scamming us as long as they’re black says a lot about you more than us. Instead of getting inspired and fighting for their reparations like several immigrant brothers in here have said in this thread, here you are in our mix finger wagging saying we should be cool with the leeching off us and we’re the selfish ones and not the scammers… you’ve lost your damn mind.

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
How do you prove all this? I'm pretty sure they are going to want documents and what not, how many black people can say they have documents spanning that far back.
I've had that same concern and it just gets dismissed as if it's easy to prove.

Another idea that I think I heard @phcitywarrior come up with is to just give Reparations to any Black person who's got a family member here before 1960ish when Black Immigrants started arriving as well

Daps
:mjlol:SAYS THE MAN
WHO IS FINE WITH
FREE EDUCATION BEING REPARATIONS.

ATLEAST I KNOW
WITH 200K THE POOREST PPL
CAN BUY A HOUSE SOME WHERE
AND NOT HAVE TO WORRY
HOW THEYRE GONNA PAY
THEIR RENT.

NAH LETS GIVE ALL
THE POOR PPL FREE SCHOOL INSTEAD.
:devil:
:evil:
I think the answer is much more complicated than giving people a check, for myriad reasons. First, you see what happens to the economy when you give people even just a couple extra thousand dollars? Two, if you’re familiar with the history of student loans, then you know that people/corporations would start raising prices to match whatever the government gives. So if you think the 200k is going to help people buy houses, you’re gonna see a whole lot more cheap houses selling for 200k just because they know they can get it. Not to mention that would drastically limit supply and naturally cause home prices to go up anyway.

Whatever is decided, additional policies will also be needed to prevent institutions from taking advantage of the windfall that comes to black people. Even giving free education would cause issues because if it’s done in a way that results in the government actually paying the tuition, the schools will continue to raise prices to get everything they can. Same for healthcare. If the government actually pays the healthcare costs, they’ll either raise healthcare costs in general to funnel money out of the government or they’ll come up with “reasons” to overcharge black people.

With that said, if the government continues to pay even after these institutions raise their prices, non blacks will be at an extreme disadvantage since they wouldn’t be getting the same “subsidy” but still dealing with increased prices. But how do you think a majority white country will respond to that? Somebody real smart is going to have to come up with a way to give black people what they deserve without turning this country on its head.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
all the dikkheads who been on social media calling themselves native americans and not black gone be looking retarded when they switch up :laff:

they gone look just like the nikkas that love to shyt on Cali , yet Cali gotta lead the charge for reparations . a non slave state that 6% blacc and "full of gangbangin c00ns" :mjlol:

The South LOST