Caleb Williams is just a less athletic, shorter Justin Fields

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
A championship drought doesn't equate to being the worst

The KC Chiefs went 50 years between titles, that didn't mean they were the worst team in the league
NFL and college are two seperate things.
that answers the question of whether the pac12 was the worst conference in cfb last year? what?
Pac 12 hasn't had a team good enough to compete with the best of the other leagues ergo no team winning a championship in 20 years ergo no their conference is the worse collectively.

upload image to url

The only exception being the state of Ohìo and Michigan. Pac 12 can't/couldn't compete which is part of the reason its obsolete

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
Burrow or Lawrence are in a far different situation than Fields.

Burrow has 4 legit weapons to throw the ball to, not to mention a decent RB. One of his receivers was his college teammate and top 5 pick that he had familiarity with already.

Lawrence sucked his rookie season and they got the #1 overall pick. Jaguars hired an offensive minded coach who recently won a Super Bowl

Bears didn’t have a 1st round pick the year after drafting Fields, and they traded away their best defensive players. Yes, the Bears BIGGEST flaw has been their defense these past few years, giving up an average of 25+ points over a stretch of like 15 games in a row. Bears hired a defensive head coach and an unproven offensive coordinator. DJ Moore is legit (and he was just acquired this season). Mooney is ok, but he’s not a #2 (he was our #1 last year). Kmet is meh. Most of the receiving corps that played for the Bears last year aren’t even in the NFL anymore or on practice squads, so what does that tell you?

This all this

I don't see what's so special about Williams. I haven't seen a ton of him, but he plays like a wannabe manor discount Mahomes. Always throwing off balance and making throws more difficult than they need to be.

Also this

much of fields problems are based in his inherently flawed upper body mechanics that generate that hitch in his throwing motion.

Caleb has a much quicker release and fluid motion.

short throws wont be as difficult, he can afford to be late once and a while with his reads vs Fields

:mjlol: come on man

sounds like a Phil Simms type of take :mjpls:

Nah, according to poles he wasn’t drafting a qb unless they blow him out the water, so he feels this kid is the move, so the move better work asap

If the bears kept Fields, then Caleb would be the next Mahomes. Since the bears are drafting Caleb, might as well chalk him up to being a bust and Fields going on to be a top 5 QB somewhere else. This is how incompetent the organization is

We a shyt organization for sure, i expect us to be back here in 4 years

Stone Cold

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the bears kept Fields, then Caleb would be the next Mahomes. Since the bears are drafting Caleb, might as well chalk him up to being a bust and Fields going on to be a top 5 QB somewhere else. This is how incompetent the organization is
This superstitious ass shyt lol

We run the north now…soon to be NFC :sas2:

It’s not bear down it’s

#bearsup…remacy

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
Will Caleb Williams have any excuses? He has legit proven Vets around him. 2 #1 receivers, 2 good tight ends, running backs. I can't think of a #1 pick coming to a better situation.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Will Caleb Williams have any excuses? He has legit proven Vets around him. 2 #1 receivers, 2 good tight ends, running backs. I can't think of a #1 pick coming to a better situation.
picks like that will always have some leash of excuse

first year it almost doesnt matter what he does

second year if hes bad or mediocre or has a lot of lowlights there will be some whispers

I think by third year the expectations will be trying to make a pro bowl or at least posting top 10ish qb numbers

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
The Bears have all the pieces in play to setup Caleb to be bad.
  • Eberflus is a Def. minded coach.
  • Bears just hired the Seahawks Off. Coordinator to be their new coordinator.
  • The current QB room for Caleb to learn from is 2023 Undrafted Tyson Bagent, and 2019 Undrafted Brett Rypien; Who spent 4 years with the Broncos, and then got passed around by 3 teams last year (Rams, Seahawks, Jets).
Lincoln Riley has a major hand in this as well, overrated coach.