Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

concise

Veteran
Daps
Women’s college basketball relative popularity proves it’s the NBA’s fault that the WNBA’s numbers are lacking. If WNBA REALLY is what you say it is, why won’t NBA sell it?

NBA has sold it. Nobody cares.

Womens college basketball gets ratings because of the colleges it is associated with.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium

How does Adam Silver watch this and not hit the panic button? The NBA ain't getting the TV viewers they deserve because of Load Managing.

The sad Part is that Caitlyn Clark is going to go from 2.5 Million TV viewers at Iowa to Adam Silver's WNBA with 100K people watching her games because Adam Silver can't market the Women's game. She is going to disappear the second she goes to the WNBA which is why I think she goes back to Iowa for another year with a NIL Bag that can buy a whole WNBA roster.

It's crazy, at least in terms of social media, WCBB is murdering WNBA. The Angel Reese vs Aaliyah Boston discussion has pervaded into my timeline for months this season, and I don't believe I follow anything WCBB. Caitlin Clark is a bigger star than anyone in WNBA, ratings wise.

You can argue Sabrina Ionescu, while obv having more partnerships and the such, is getting less social media time now than she did as a 18 year old playing for free. Me just using my brain, I don't think that's a worse product than the WCBB, but you'd def think so if you used the internet

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You do realize that the only reason the WNBA is still around is because the NBA keeps it afloat right? This is not on the NBA or the NBA players to fix it, this is on all the women who cry about equality in sports but don't support women's sports. You think it's a smart idea for the NBA to throw even more money into that money pit? And why should NBA players have to give a percentage of what they earn?

NBA isn’t selling it for a reason, so they know the potential is there. F1 and MLS aren’t the most popular leagues in their sport but they got big tv deals

concise

Veteran
Daps
Nobody cares about Iowa and Louisville. People watched because of Clark and that trash talkin blonde bih

Iowa and Louisville? Lmao

:yawn:

It will be just like when Brittney Griner, Sabrina Ionescu, Candace Parker played college ball and were "box office", went pro and changed nothing. If they were true stars, they'd be stars everywhere they go.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:yawn:

It will be just like when Brittney Griner, Sabrina Ionescu, Candace Parker played college ball and were "box office", went pro and changed nothing. If they were true stars, they'd be stars everywhere they go.

Because WNBA is a bad business, women’s basketball is proven marketable. Tell me more about the draws of Iowa and Louisville. How come nobody gave a fukk about Keegan Murray then