Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

2legit

Superstar
Daps

Caitlyn Clark out here exposing the militants who believe White America is rooting for Luka and Jokic because they are White. Clark is proof that the NBA would explode if they had another White Superstar from Middle America. If Austin Reeves turned into Kawhi Leonard, he would be the biggest Sports star in the country.

Last edited:

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
I read somewhere that these women are making more money in college than they would as WNBA rookies through NIL - largely because they are stars in their local communities with already built in fanbases. I know someone else said it but WNBA needs to establish a European Soccer model where the male teams simply have womens squads (except for special situations like Connecticut). It won’t get there overnight, but it is better than what they are doing now

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those things still won't solve the fundamental problem with the WNBA though in that people just don't care about the product compared to their college peers who have less money and resources but garner more attention. When the college game is more entertaining than the WNBA product with less resources and lower tier coaching, you have a problem. It's the exact reason why a lot of those coaches want no part of jumping to the WNBA as they'd essentially be out of sight and out of mind in the WNBA game. You can blame it on money sure, but they have arguably more visibility and resources than the college game does.

It's also not the NBA player's responsiblity to give up revenue to help out their WNBA counterpart. It'd be nice if they did, but they shouldn't feel obligated to do so.

The biggest issue currently facing the IMO is that nearly half the owners (or somewhere around that number) just don't have the bread or resources compared to the other owners that own NBA teams as well. If they really want to start solving the problem, they need to kick the broke owners out and bring some in that will actually have the money to spend to improve the game.

Crowd atmosphere helps the game. Wnba should be using highschool gyms and parks as venues.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Caitlyn Clark out here exposing the militants who believe White America is rooting for Luka and Jokic because they are White. Clark is proof that the NBA would explode if they had another White Superstar from Middle America. If Austin Reeves turned into Kawhi Leonard, he would be the biggest Sports star in the country.

I see now and stand corrected. I guess they dont view foreign white players as one of their own. Having a white player who also antagonizes black players would be a megastar. They look at Steph as a mulatto and think "2 shades lighter,what couldve been:mjcry:"

2legit

Superstar
Daps
I see now and stand corrected. I guess they dont view foreign white players as one of their own. Having a white player who also antagonizes black players would be a megastar. They look at Steph as a mulatto and think "2 shades lighter,what couldve been:mjcry:"
If the NBA had a Connor McGregor who was talking shyt to LeBron like he is Pat Bev, the NBA would pull NFL ratings.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

I don't buy this at all. College sports create entirely different emotional reactions than pro sports. You see this with Cinderella teams, scrappy players, the emotional feel good stories, etc. The WNBA has multiple really good white American girls and it doesn't translate to success or ratings. By the time Clark gets to the WNBA the same thing will happen. Meanwhile the casuals who were excited by her run will fall in love with a new college kid in March again.

Nobody cared that Steve Nash was Canadian. Nobody cared that Dirk was German. Nobody cares that Luka is Lithuanian. The difference is that white boys loved basketball when Nash/Dirk were playing, and they largely don't give a fukk about basketball now. Just like white boys loved nu metal and rock in 2002 and largely don't give a fukk about them now. This conversation fails to take into account the complete social shift we have seen in white boys and young white men. If Austin Reeves was a top 20 player it wouldn't stop white boys from focusing all their attention on videogames, comic book movies, and Andrew Tate shyt.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Casual NBA fans only care about polarizing superstars and superteams and right now the NBA has neither.

Those Republican cacs hate the NBA with a passion because of players & the league being so vocally anti-Trump/pro-BLM in 2020

But the two time MVP is white
The best young star is white

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I do think that Women's College Hoops should absolutely use this as a means to bolster it's popularity. Their stars stay in college longer as they can't goto the WNBA since you have to be 22 or have graduated from college.

Biggest thing with men's hoops are the lack of stars. College Women game don't have that problem.

Next Season you have

Angel Reese and LSU
Caitlyn and Iowa
Paige Buckets back with UConn
South Carolina Team

All there. ESPN cannot fukk that up. You will draw eyes to their games.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
WNBA players are criminally underpaid.....them billion contracts should be enough to pay the top players at least a million a year.....the coach for the Las Vegas Aces makes that :patrice:

:what:

The league does not turn in a profit and has averaged $10M lose per year according to Silver.

The only reason it hasn't folded is because the NBA subsidises the league.

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
I don't buy this at all. College sports create entirely different emotional reactions than pro sports. You see this with Cinderella teams, scrappy players, the emotional feel good stories, etc. The WNBA has multiple really good white American girls and it doesn't translate to success or ratings. By the time Clark gets to the WNBA the same thing will happen. Meanwhile the casuals who were excited by her run will fall in love with a new college kid in March again.

Nobody cared that Steve Nash was Canadian. Nobody cared that Dirk was German. Nobody cares that Luka is Lithuanian. The difference is that white boys loved basketball when Nash/Dirk were playing, and they largely don't give a fukk about basketball now. Just like white boys loved nu metal and rock in 2002 and largely don't give a fukk about them now. This conversation fails to take into account the complete social shift we have seen in white boys and young white men. If Austin Reeves was a top 20 player it wouldn't stop white boys from focusing all their attention on videogames, comic book movies, and Andrew Tate shyt.
Wrong. Austin Reaves already has his own shoe. He’s an undrafted bench player in his 2nd season and he’s already one of the most popular players in the league after a couple of weeks of good play.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I do think that Women's College Hoops should absolutely use this as a means to bolster it's popularity. Their stars stay in college longer as they can't goto the WNBA since you have to be 22 or have graduated from college.

Biggest thing with men's hoops are the lack of stars. College Women game don't have that problem.

Next Season you have

Angel Reese and LSU
Caitlyn and Iowa
South Carolina Team

Stanford and Brink. She looks like Cameron Diaz. Haley Jones is bad too if she returns.

MrSpook

All Star
Daps

Next Season you have

Angel Reese and LSU
Caitlyn and Iowa
South Carolina Team

They shouldn’t be able to*

But you know how that goes bro… I hope they capitalize, I’m invested as fukk now.