Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

drederick tatum

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I only read the first page of this, and the question I come away with is:
Op, do you think Adam Silver runs both the NBA, and the WNBA?

If this has been addressed already, my apologies

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Are you really comparing a college ncaa tournament game to a regular season NBA game? :why:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
This all comes down to the culture of the games. College basketball for one has more at stake. There's less games, so each game counts. Also, considering this is a sudden death tournament, it's bound to have a lot of people watching. But going back to the culture, people care more about the school they went to or grew up watching more than the best players in the world shooting threes all night. The product is worse, but it's more exciting to watch.
@mastermind said you’re crazy if you prefer an inferior basketball product

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
If you want to leverage a couple games at the end of the season against everything else go crazy. But you know nobody is going to be watching when Big 10 season starts. And when she gets drafted she’s not touching those numbers again.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
The men's championship game last year had more viewers than any NBA playoff game. College is just more viewed right now period.
That's all fine and good but comparing tournament games to regular season games is crazy is all I'm saying.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Kansas-North Carolina last year had 18.1 million viewers.

Warriors-Celtics Finals averaged 13 million viewers (Game 6 was around 13.9M).

College right now is just bigger. Even without the star players.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Basically if Chet Holmgren turns out to be really good and gets really cocky while OKC turns to one of those teams that only has a couple token mixed players. That's the league's best chance, but it's kind of suppressed because OKC already is good this year.

I'm thinking maybe in a few years Cooper Flagg may be their hype guy, but that class seems stacked as well.

This is another reason why NFL generates ratings. You got a mix of races at high-impact positions, for the most part all from America.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Basically if Chet Holmgren turns out to be really good and gets really cocky while OKC turns to one of those teams that only has a couple token mixed players. That's the league's best chance, but it's kind of suppressed because OKC already is good this year.

I'm thinking maybe in a few years Cooper Flagg may be their hype guy, but that class seems stacked as well.

This is another reason why NFL generates ratings. You got a mix of races at high-impact positions, for the most part all from America.
It plays a big part. White America doesn’t get attached to foreign whites no matter how many time Coli militants call them cacs