Detroit

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Don’t understand that point. Why won’t they sell it then?

$10 million a year is literally nothing for the NBA's bottom line. Paying David Bertans alone costs double that. So it's not like it hurts then at all.

They run the WNBA for postive publicity and betting that women's basketball will be profitable eventually.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
$10 million a year is literally nothing for the NBA's bottom line. Paying David Bertans alone costs double that. So it's not like it hurts then at all.

They run the WNBA for postive publicity and betting that women's basketball will be profitable eventually.

Exactly my point, that’s why in a previous post, I said it’s not all about profit/loss

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
No it isnt. College is bigger than the WNBA. Once this is over, no one cares. We've seen this many times before. First it was Holdsclaw, then Taurasi, then Dell Donne etc. It only matters in college.

Paige Bueckers makes more from NIL than the majority of star WNBA players

IDK breh this feels different. This is the first time where I’ve felt more star power in the women’s game and been compelled to watch a women’s title game like this. shyt my 11 year old knows both Angel & Caitlyn and she doesn’t care about sports at all. Caitlyn is a star and has a modern style game + she’s marketable. I think this is a big moment for the future of women’s ball where you have marketable stars that people want to see. It’s funny that the women’s college game has consistently more star power than the men’s college game now

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
IDK breh this feels different. This is the first time where I’ve felt more star power in the women’s game and been compelled to watch a women’s title game like this. shyt my 11 year old knows both Angel & Caitlyn and she doesn’t care about sports at all. Caitlyn is a star and has a modern style game + she’s marketable. I think this is a big moment for the future of women’s ball where you have marketable stars that people want to see. It’s funny that the women’s college game has consistently more star power than the men’s college game now

The only reason is because women stay for 4 years

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
True.

Jordan stans shyt talk Bron but MJ's resume is such that you can say MJ > Bron without blinking.

Loved watching Kobe but he's not in the same tier as Bron. Yeah it's the very tippy top of the mountain but even up there we got layers.

MJ/Wilt/Kareem/Magic/Bron....you could throw in Russell because he was so successful plus his work with regard to Civil Rights. That's probably the top, top tier.

Kobe is in the next row down with Curry, Bird, Shaq, Hakeem, Duncan etc.
MJ stans are disgusting

concise

Veteran
Daps

The star power in the women's game missing from the men's game is a direct effect of the WNBA for women not being a serious step up financially like the NBA is for men.

If it were, they'd have the same problem with 1 and dones and players leaving early in general to chase the big checks.