Caitlyn Clark's game had more TV viewers than any NBA game this season on ESPN

HandyWithTheSteel

Superstar
Daps
IDK breh this feels different. This is the first time where I’ve felt more star power in the women’s game and been compelled to watch a women’s title game like this. shyt my 11 year old knows both Angel & Caitlyn and she doesn’t care about sports at all. Caitlyn is a star and has a modern style game + she’s marketable. I think this is a big moment for the future of women’s ball where you have marketable stars that people want to see. It’s funny that the women’s college game has consistently more star power than the men’s college game now

Women’s college has one star, probably the 1st ever, or at least the 1st I’ve ever heard of. And you’re saying that it has more star power than men’s college basketball? :mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
It's in the WNBA bylaws

I know that but I'm saying is because of that you see players grow, become familiar and become household names.

College basketball when's the last time a four year player who was a household name was a top ten player?

Emeka Okafor?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
The star power in the women's game missing from the men's game is a direct effect of the WNBA for women not being a serious step up financially like the NBA is for men.

If it were, they'd have the same problem with 1 and dones and players leaving early in general to chase the big checks.

You can call it what you want but I’m call it for what it is: The women’s college game has more star power than the men’s college game. I’ve never seen a time where that was consistently true until now.

This star power in college will change how we consume the WNBA which will change how the WNBA operates. The Britney Griner situation, debate about charter planes, added star power will take the WNBA to another level we’ve never seen before in women’s pro sports

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I could be wrong, but I think they can leave after 3 years, but it's rare that they do that.

Nope it's four

Players got an extra year due to covid thats why you see Boston leaving for the WNBA even though she has a year of eligibility left.

The WNBA "requires players to be at least 22, to have completed their college eligibility, to have graduated from a four-year college or to be four years removed from high schoo

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Nope it's four

Players got an extra year due to covid thats why you see Boston leaving for the WNBA even though she has a year of eligibility left.

The WNBA "requires players to be at least 22, to have completed their college eligibility, to have graduated from a four-year college or to be four years removed from high schoo
It was Charli Collier from University of Texas back in 2021 who did it as a junior, but she was 22 at the time of the draft.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The only reason is because women stay for 4 years

Yep, if men were required play college ball for four years then Anthony Edwards, LaMelo, Haliburton, Maxey, Cade, Jalen Green, Franz Wagner, Paolo, Chet, Sharpe, etc. would all still be there

One and done plus having basically an underdog Final Four got us here