c00nmala Harris says black people getting jobs would prevent getting shot by police

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
this is might be my last post for awhile, but breh you took these cats to church. ten fold.

more posters like you :lawd:

Why am I not surprised that no one understands what she's trying to say. I swear people here just want to find things to be outraged about. All she's saying is that Black people need economic opportunity. The problems that Black people face go way beyond the police killing a Black person. Check out that thread that talks about how many Black kids read and do math at grade level. What she's saying is that at the root of our problems is basic economics. If you can't read at grade level how do you find a job? How do you provide for your family? And I'll go as far as to say this. If you are more outraged at the Police killings than you are at our failing skills you need to rethink your priorities. Both are major problems and both need to be addressed. As I write this, the next generation of African-Americans are being woefully prepared for the job market. What will they do? How will they get by? This is what she means by getting jobs.

And for the dude who made this thread. C'mon man. You go to an Ivy League law school. You obviously understand how far reaching and insidious racism is and precisely how Cop's killing Black people is connected to the economic disenfranchisement of Black people. Stop saving you're smart, intellectual self for your classmates and giving us this troll nonsense here. Ignorance in our community is a scourge. You can't claim to be pro-black and then come to a Black website and make superficial anti-intellectual posts. There are plenty of reasons to not like Kamala Harris. But this isn't one of them.

At its heart racism is about power dynamics. At some point in our society, our country decided to use the police to keep Black people in check rather than doing what it takes to give us jobs. When you can't get a well paying job, what is your option? If the first thing you think of when you think of racism is Police and how they brutalize you, then you need to think deeper. That's an aspect, but police are only enforcers. What are they enforcing the will of the country at large. You want to know how lost we and our country are? Every year millions of Black kids fall further and further behind grade level leaving them with a bleak future and no one even bats an eye. For republicans the answer to the problem isn't jobs, it's more police...

The MTA Is Hiring 500 New Cops To Fix 'Quality Of Life' Issues In The Subway System

But the moment that any person tries to talk about Black problems from an economic point of view, they get shouted down and called c00n. Not by White people or racists, but by pro-Black people. You guys are delusional. Are jobs going to solve police shootings directly? No. But when you develop your world view from entertainers trying to make money rather than from books and real objective sources of news this is what happens. I'll restate it one more time. ANYONE who talks about racism in this country from a economic/money point of view is on our side. Period. Because this is where the debate needs to be. Does it mean you agree with them on every issue? No. Does it mean they are pro-black enough for you? No. But this is line of demarcation that should separate your friends (even if they are Luke warm) from your enemies.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Crime and Police..affects the poor more than the wealthy.

Poor unemployed people encounter crime and cops more than employed people do. She is correct to a degree, as awful as she articulated it.
Be well off and employed, you are somewhat insulated from general crime and running into the pigs.
If you are unemployed and poor, you are more likely to become a victim of crime and the police

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Eh, the problem with modern day society is that we're too quick to judge based on a short clip. It's easier to talk about a 15 sec clip, rather than take the time to analyse the whole conversation.

So here, it's 2 minutes long, its the video below (not the one with the random woman face).

So she touches on bringing police to justice and is OBVIOUSLY referring to crime shootings, rather than law-enforcement shootings. So where is she wrong? Stats to follow

Edit: Website messed up and didn't see the originals from @Get These Nets

Last edited:

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
You probably want to read into the whole statistics too. But I know what this thread will be: blame the white man, blame police, blame society, etc. These things are not untrue, BUT there also needs to be self-preservation too.

We need to be the biggest proponents of what other brehs on TheColi say about other races: HYON

Last edited:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
Why am I not surprised that no one understands what she's trying to say. I swear people here just want to find things to be outraged about. All she's saying is that Black people need economic opportunity. The problems that Black people face go way beyond the police killing a Black person. Check out that thread that talks about how many Black kids read and do math at grade level. What she's saying is that at the root of our problems is basic economics. If you can't read at grade level how do you find a job? How do you provide for your family? And I'll go as far as to say this. If you are more outraged at the Police killings than you are at our failing skills you need to rethink your priorities. Both are major problems and both need to be addressed. As I write this, the next generation of African-Americans are being woefully prepared for the job market. What will they do? How will they get by? This is what she means by getting jobs.

And for the dude who made this thread. C'mon man. You go to an Ivy League law school. You obviously understand how far reaching and insidious racism is and precisely how Cop's killing Black people is connected to the economic disenfranchisement of Black people. Stop saving you're smart, intellectual self for your classmates and giving us this troll nonsense here. Ignorance in our community is a scourge. You can't claim to be pro-black and then come to a Black website and make superficial anti-intellectual posts. There are plenty of reasons to not like Kamala Harris. But this isn't one of them.

At its heart racism is about power dynamics. At some point in our society, our country decided to use the police to keep Black people in check rather than doing what it takes to give us jobs. When you can't get a well paying job, what is your option? If the first thing you think of when you think of racism is Police and how they brutalize you, then you need to think deeper. That's an aspect, but police are only enforcers. What are they enforcing the will of the country at large. You want to know how lost we and our country are? Every year millions of Black kids fall further and further behind grade level leaving them with a bleak future and no one even bats an eye. For republicans the answer to the problem isn't jobs, it's more police...

The MTA Is Hiring 500 New Cops To Fix 'Quality Of Life' Issues In The Subway System

But the moment that any person tries to talk about Black problems from an economic point of view, they get shouted down and called c00n. Not by White people or racists, but by pro-Black people. You guys are delusional. Are jobs going to solve police shootings directly? No. But when you develop your world view from entertainers trying to make money rather than from books and real objective sources of news this is what happens. I'll restate it one more time. ANYONE who talks about racism in this country from a economic/money point of view is on our side. Period. Because this is where the debate needs to be. Does it mean you agree with them on every issue? No. Does it mean they are pro-black enough for you? No. But this is line of demarcation that should separate your friends (even if they are Luke warm) from your enemies.

You must have forgot this:
Kamala already straight up said she's not going to do anything specifically for black people :mjpls:

She plans to do things specifically for illegal migrants and LGBTQ+ though: Our America | Kamala Harris For The People

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Simply put this bytch is corrupt like Hillary Clinton no matter her family or her racial background she doesn't see herself as blaçk or a person of color she is power hungry vile and corrupt and sucking white powers dikk that she ignores white criminality in her state when it's in her face and they have deep pockets contributing to her campaigns... :camby: this bytch deserves to lose everything tbh.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean we do need to be working more. And a job will keep more people out of trouble just like after school programs...so I’m not going to rage on her completely.

That said, innocent people minding their own business or getting harassed by cops and getting killed has nothing to do with employment.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
I mean we do need to be working more. And a job will keep more people out of trouble just like after school programs...so I’m not going to rage on her completely.

That said, innocent people minding their own business or getting harassed by cops and getting killed has nothing to do with employment.

It's timestamped bro. She specifically mentions 2 scenarios one including the police and their accountability. It's about 5 mins

just like I thought

cued to the QUESTION the host/moderator asked her at 38:00
"In your first 100 days, what will you do around the issue of criminal justice reform?"...particularly about making sure people have a fresh start at life?"

she makes her comment about jobs as part of the response to THAT question at 41:00

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Was she talking about police violence or just regular violence (ie: dudes hanging out on the corner with nothing to do)

not defending her, but the internet is notorious for giving us really short clips and then spinning it however they want.

Regardless, that answer shows how disconnected she really is from disenfranchised black voters :francis:
All the major contributors on th is site are bots, posting articles from questionable sources, out of context clips like this and false thread titles.