c00nmala Harris says black people getting jobs would prevent getting shot by police

...o3

...eye see messages in music
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
dallas, tx
DJ-Taking-Notes-GIF.gif

...hold on, my pen is out of ink. can she tell us more about these jobs that stop bullets? when you clock into said jobs, do you get a force field that turns you caucasian for the duration of the shift?

this heffa dropping gems

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
just like I thought

cued to the QUESTION the host/moderator asked her at 38:00
"In your first 100 days, what will you do around the issue of criminal justice reform?"...particularly about making sure people have a fresh start at life?"

she makes her comment about jobs as part of the response to THAT question at 41:00

Some gullible dudes in here. Easily manipulated. OP is a lie.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
"nothing stops a bullet like job"

MEANING........person engaging in street violence might not be doing that if they were gainfully employed

The job stops the SHOOTER from taking the road that leads to him having to bust hosts.

=============================================================================

Bernie suporter posts this video, coli guy gives it a provocative title.....and people run with it.

This board is full of loser ass nikkas, like OP, that post shyt like this for attention. It was immediately obvious from the clip that there was no fukk'n way the full context of her response remotely fit the narrative that was being portrayed.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
whether or not this was supposed to be about stopping police violence, which it looks like it probably wasn’t, it’s still a terribly canned response. And it still turns it right back to pointing the finger at anything other than this system which is ultimately responsible for many of these violent acts.. What about focusing on education and changing our fundamental attitudes in the way we treat each other instead?

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
fukk politics, but I don't think that lady was talkin about the police. She was speaking on violence. And I actually agree.

yyy

All Star
Daps
Why am I not surprised that no one understands what she's trying to say. I swear people here just want to find things to be outraged about. All she's saying is that Black people need economic opportunity. The problems that Black people face go way beyond the police killing a Black person. Check out that thread that talks about how many Black kids read and do math at grade level. What she's saying is that at the root of our problems is basic economics. If you can't read at grade level how do you find a job? How do you provide for your family? And I'll go as far as to say this. If you are more outraged at the Police killings than you are at our failing skills you need to rethink your priorities. Both are major problems and both need to be addressed. As I write this, the next generation of African-Americans are being woefully prepared for the job market. What will they do? How will they get by? This is what she means by getting jobs.

And for the dude who made this thread. C'mon man. You go to an Ivy League law school. You obviously understand how far reaching and insidious racism is and precisely how Cop's killing Black people is connected to the economic disenfranchisement of Black people. Stop saving you're smart, intellectual self for your classmates and giving us this troll nonsense here. Ignorance in our community is a scourge. You can't claim to be pro-black and then come to a Black website and make superficial anti-intellectual posts. There are plenty of reasons to not like Kamala Harris. But this isn't one of them.

At its heart racism is about power dynamics. At some point in our society, our country decided to use the police to keep Black people in check rather than doing what it takes to give us jobs. When you can't get a well paying job, what is your option? If the first thing you think of when you think of racism is Police and how they brutalize you, then you need to think deeper. That's an aspect, but police are only enforcers. What are they enforcing the will of the country at large. You want to know how lost we and our country are? Every year millions of Black kids fall further and further behind grade level leaving them with a bleak future and no one even bats an eye. For republicans the answer to the problem isn't jobs, it's more police...

The MTA Is Hiring 500 New Cops To Fix 'Quality Of Life' Issues In The Subway System

But the moment that any person tries to talk about Black problems from an economic point of view, they get shouted down and called c00n. Not by White people or racists, but by pro-Black people. You guys are delusional. Are jobs going to solve police shootings directly? No. But when you develop your world view from entertainers trying to make money rather than from books and real objective sources of news this is what happens. I'll restate it one more time. ANYONE who talks about racism in this country from a economic/money point of view is on our side. Period. Because this is where the debate needs to be. Does it mean you agree with them on every issue? No. Does it mean they are pro-black enough for you? No. But this is line of demarcation that should separate your friends (even if they are Luke warm) from your enemies.

yyy

All Star
Daps
DJ-Taking-Notes-GIF.gif

...hold on, my pen is out of ink. can she tell us more about these jobs that stop bullets? when you clock into said jobs, do you get a force field that turns you caucasian for the duration of the shift?

this heffa dropping gems
When discussing issues that affect our community, we need rigorous intellectualism. This is real life breh. Every day, millions of Black kids go to failing schools and the future gets bleaker and bleaker. When kids are not adequately prepared to enter the work force guess what happens? Civil unrest. And guess who comes in to keep the peace and maintain law and order? Police officers. Police officers are only enforcers of the will of the people in this country who refuse to look at racism and Black problems from an economic lens. Instead they look at Black problems as a matter of law and order. Instead of asking, how can we adequately educate Black children, they ask how can we maintain law and order in that community. This line of reasoning is only used in Black communities and no where else.

At the same time, I understand where you're coming from. It's hard to think about our issues seriously and peel back the many layers that White supremacy has created to keep our people down. But that doesn't mean I have to cosign what you are saying. Our problems are economic. The biggest issue our community faces are that millions of African-Americans are currently on track to be completely unemployable. And, as far as I'm concerned, people who spread ignorance in our community to take away from this fact need to be called out. If you want to debate this issue, I'm more than happy to.

Daps
She’s aggy that she doesn’t have the black vote. Nobody buys her bs and she embarrassed herself during that breakfast club interview. She knows it’s over . She’s going out talkin reckless out of spite. That or she really believes what she’s saying. Either way she is a c*nt.