By Popular Demand: True Coliwood Stories - College Athletics

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Just when i thought i was out they pull me back in :wow: i'm most def going to read this shyt at work tomorrow morning. And I might contribute some stories of my own I was on the national team for a country i shall not name for my protection.
agunybev.jpg

Daps
I would tell my nikka that no matter what you do and no matter where you go, the ugliness of the world always finds you. That the contradictions within the human heart that make so many people do vile things don't make me lose faith, it sustains my faith in the complexity of the human condition. I would remind him that there are places where the trains come on time, and women who genuinely love their husbands, and sex that doesn't serve as punishment, degradation, racist fetishism. And I would ask him: was that ass fat, and were them titties big? Because I never did ask him that.

:manny:

:damn:

This episode reads like some alternate route, fourth-person, Sasha Thumper type shyt.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to be "Ivy League Negro" back on the old board. My facts are the same but I've toned down the shtick a bit as I've gotten older...

:ohhh:

A real nikka who drinks tea. :wow: As well as the dude who tried to put me on to the Oyster Bar at Grand Central - which I eventually hit up.

:salute:

ah, man I am dying over here. there is something especially demonic/eerie about cmw. :laugh: music to driveby is a classic though. *raises glass of bulleit*

:blessed:

Yo, I just flashed back to the first time I heard Eiht's We Come Strapped, which was in my homie Rome's truck. I'll never forget the sheer funkiness of Eiht screaming at the women doing his chorus "bytches, sing!" Then they come in like "don't fukk wit Eitht, ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooooohooo"
:wow:

Really enjoyable stories Walt. I find myself eagerly anticipating each episode now.

I'm going to try to get Episode V sometime tomorrow. I've got to be in the right mood to type these shyts out. The ones I'm most looking forward to sitting down and combing my memory for are easily: Preacher Man; Lightskinned Super Hero; Banned From the Mall; Get Rid of Nasty; and A History of Academic Excellence. I know Preacher man will be the most difficult one to write though, because some parts of what went down are mad personal.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
What's crazy is, most of the fellas in this story are old enough to be some of you nikkas daddies. This was around 91-94. The Fab Five years. TLC, Dr. Dre, and the true beginning of demonic hardcore rap. This is really great posting. Even if you named names, these guys have been long out of the league @Walt

Last edited by a moderator:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's crazy is, most of the fellas in this story are old enough to be some of you nikkas daddies. This was around 91-94. The Fab Five years. TLC, Dr. Dre, and the true beginning of demonic hardcore rap. This is really great posting. Even if you named names. This guys have been long out of the league @Walt

damn, i thought his stories were from the early 2000s

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What's crazy is, most of the fellas in this story are old enough to be some of you nikkas daddies. This was around 91-94. The Fab Five years. TLC, Dr. Dre, and the true beginning of demonic hardcore rap. This is really great posting. Even if you named names, these guys have been long out of the league @Walt

Actually slightly after the time-frame you just referenced. The Chronic and Doggystyle weren't new during this time period, they'd both been out a while. But somewhat close. Several players I knew casually or well are still playing professionally in the NBA. As far as football... shyt, the career span is too short in that sport, so probably not.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
damn, i thought his stories were from the early 2000s

not too far off, actually.

Also, different stories will be from different periods. Like the JUCO joint was mad years after I first went to college. And a couple of stories will be from when I was at another school. The next story is about people I knew from college, then re-encountered much later in life. So the times bounce around.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Actually slightly after the time-frame you just referenced. The Chronic and Doggystyle weren't new during this time period, they'd both been out a while. But somewhat close. Several players I knew casually or well are still playing professionally in the NBA. As far as football... shyt, the career span is too short in that sport, so probably not.

walt u ever get the urge to try to find these people in your stories in fb and see how their lives turned out? specifically the girl from the first story?

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
:blessed:

Yo, I just flashed back to the first time I heard Eiht's We Come Strapped, which was in my homie Rome's truck. I'll never forget the sheer funkiness of Eiht screaming at the women doing his chorus "bytches, sing!" Then they come in like "don't fukk wit Eitht, ooh ooh ooh, ooh ooh ooooohooo"
:wow:
I remember freshman year of college putting my white roommate who dressed liked Indian Jones and played clarinet in the school orchestra onto CMW.

:flabbynsick:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
not too far off, actually.

Also, different stories will be from different periods. Like the JUCO joint was mad years after I first went to college. And a couple of stories will be from when I was at another school. The next story is about people I knew from college, then re-encountered much later in life. So the times bounce around.

i figured it was mid to late 90's... 96 freshman year. walt was a freshman in college talkin bout a kani fit...

great stories b. bringing back memories

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
walt u ever get the urge to try to find these people in your stories in fb and see how their lives turned out? specifically the girl from the first story?

Word to God, I just googled shorty from the first story after reading your post. She has a really good job and lives in a new state.

In general, nah I don't think about tracking down or contacting any of the people from those years. The world is vast, life is transient in nature, you meet so many people who seem incredibly significant to you at times but who turn out to be forgettable in the grand scheme. I kind of just roll with the current and try to enjoy myself in the moment. I'll elaborate on that in Episode XIV - that shyt changed my perspective on so much.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember freshman year of college putting my white roommate who dressed liked Indian Jones and played clarinet in the school orchestra onto CMW.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How in the hell did you manage to quote Gil, but my post? shyt had me confused for a second.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word to God, I just googled shorty from the first story after reading your post. She has a really good job and lives in a new state.

i bet she got a white husband huh?

i really felt bad for her after reading your story, being naive can be a life changer