"But but but but Wuhan China is already back to work!" - total bullshyt

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
China is lying because their manufacturing dominance literally lies in balance.

How do I know, I work for a manufacturing company that I'm 100% positive you have in your house right now, that has significant operations in Asia and it has been speculated whether or not we ramp back up to the previous levels of production.

There's literally tens of trillions of dollars at stake. I would lie too.
I don't think China's manufacturing dominance is threatened by this. The world is at standstill. Nobody is currently in a position to take advantage. Plus China is WAY more aggressive at containing this than anyone else. If anything this might bolster their manufacturing dominance.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
They are lieing about:

Virus origin
Severity of cases (infected, dead, cured)
Current level of containment

I would arbitrarily multiply their numbers by 5 as a safe hypothesis

They have to present to the world that they are in control of it, and have measures to rectify.

Any vulnerability from a manufacturing operations and infrastructure perspective means less dependancy on them, thus, less of a need for them

China is known to be an unhygienic country, but they want people to believe they got it under control all of a sudden :mjlol:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
They are lieing about:

Virus origin
Severity of cases (infected, dead, cured)
Current level of containment

I would arbitrarily multiply their numbers by 5 as a safe hypothesis

They have to present to the world that they are in control of it, and have measures to rectify.

Any vulnerability from a manufacturing operations and infrastructure perspective means less dependancy on them, thus, less of a need for them
This

SuavePrince

All Star
Daps
When dummy Trump says people can go back to work shyt gonna be real bad

Some people are too stubborn to go get checked if they feel bad so they really have no idea what the numbers are

So I say we'll be Italy status real soon
If he really goes through with that then yeah :francis:

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Seriously..

Im tired of seeing "made in china" on a lot of things i purchase.. Its not even a 50/50 split.. Seems like 80% of the shyt you buy in america is made in China.. That shouldn't be the case..

And thats not even out of hate..

I just want to buy more things made in my country..

I feel you. Then Americans need to stop wanting to have a deal on everything, having the biggest and best, and most. We need need stop squeezing the profit out of everything.

That article is full of wishful thinking

I don't think China's manufacturing dominance is threatened by this. The world is at standstill. Nobody is currently in a position to take advantage. Plus China is WAY more aggressive at containing this than anyone else. If anything this might bolster their manufacturing dominance.

It would take decades to remove all of these operations out of China. The thought is, China would no longer have Monopoly on global manufacturing operations. No one is insinuating a complete collapse, or even a loss of influence for China. What you may begin to see an emergence in regionalized manufacturing.

Missed sales opportunities, opportunities that will never return effect S&OP planning more than most will ever know. It's impact on supply chain elasticity is more important than labor costs. It's like saying, I'm going to miss out on these sales because I don't want to pay overtime...No company in the world is going to say that.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
It would take decades to remove all of these operations out of China. The thought is, China would no longer have Monopoly on global manufacturing operations. No one is insinuating a complete collapse, or even a loss of influence for China. What you may begin to see an emergence in regionalized manufacturing.

Missed sales opportunities, opportunities that will never return effect S&OP planning more than most will ever know. It's impact on supply chain elasticity is more important than labor costs. It's like saying, I'm going to miss out on these sales because I don't want to pay overtime...No company in the world is going to say that.
I just don't see it. This is a global pandemic. Local manufacturing is just as affected as China is, so localizing it or modifying the supply chain wouldn't have any effect here. Again if China's aggressive response to the virus proves fruitful they may come out looking better than they went in.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
“As we know, people today are haunted by a fear we can compare with the medieval fear of ghosts. It is the fear of germs. Objectively, both states of fear are the same. Both fit their respective age: People of the Middle Ages held a certain belief in the spiritual world; therefore quite naturally they had a fear of spiritual beings. The modern age has lost this belief in the spiritual world; it believes in material things. It therefore has a fear of material beings, be they ever so small"

Rudolf Steiner 1914

khross415

All Star
Daps
:francis: .....i literally had that face when China put out that shyt that the Dr who warned they government about the Flu caught the Flu and died. that shyt sounded like some shyt you made up on the spot to lie to your parents. Bottom lie i dont believe none of those numbers coming out from China.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
nobody is benefitting from this crisis except maybe the pharmaceutical industry

Just look at the major players in imperialism..

America
Europe
China

One was leading..

One was catching up on the leader.

Then one was in last place, but is shooting to the front quickly.

Who'd benefit from China stumbling behind all of this?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Man, I'd been hearing all these people saying that Wuhan wasn't even on some deep lockdown for very long and the factories have all reopened and they're doing just fine. Reading this morning and that was mad bullshyt.

Here are the do's and don'ts for going outside under the different lockdown or shelter-in-place restrictions as countries across the world battle the coronavirus

They're spending TEN WEEKS on absolute lockdown with police rolling through the streets to force compliance. I ain't suggesting we go to that level, but anyone trying to downplay what they did to control that shyt in China better wise up.
Hong Kong actually had it under control
Singapore and vietnam as well