"But but but but Wuhan China is already back to work!" - total bullshyt

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I don't think anyone said China wasn't ruthless with it. We seen how they handled the protest

I'm referring to the fact that fools had been telling me for two-three weeks that China was all back to work and had lifted restrictions and shyt and were using that as some sort of proof that America was overreacting. That was pure nonsense.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
I'm referring to the fact that fools had been telling me for two-three weeks that China was all back to work and had lifted restrictions and shyt and were using that as some sort of proof that America was overreacting. That was pure nonsense.
I agree.

Hate to say it but we night have to adopt how they handled the situation because I still see people having parties and playing ball in the park.

They not taking it seriously

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Japan is back to normal.
Japan did a far far better job of putting a lock on the initial cases, but it's not true that they're "back to normal". Schools are still closed down (and aren't scheduled to open until April 7th) and people are still being told to stay in their homes unless they have essential business. They've been lucky that they've only had 1500 cases and 49 deaths, and the fact that they tested and tracked every single case from the beginning and have been insane about sanitization has helped. But they're seeing a surge in cases right now.

Tokyo asks people to stay home amid virus, many venture out | Regina Leader Post
People in greater Tokyo and the Osaka area in western Japan hunkered down on Saturday as officials urged citizens to stay indoors to prevent a potential emergency, but some were carrying on as normal.

Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike’s plea for the tens of millions of people in the capital and surrounding regions to avoid non-essential, non-urgent outings until April 12, and particularly this weekend, followed a surge in coronavirus infections this week that she said put Tokyo on the brink of an emergency.
That story is from 53 minutes ago. You claimed they were back to normal and yet their cases are surging and they're telling people to avoid all non-essential outings for another two weeks.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Japan moved closer toward declaring a state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic as new cases increased in Tokyo and Health Minister Katsunobu Kato warned of a high risk that infections will become rampant.

The government will set up a panel Thursday to advise Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on whether to trigger a law passed earlier in the month, which would give local governments more powers to restrict the activities of residents. Up until now, Japan has been one of the least-affected by the virus among developed nations, but there are worries that could soon change.

“The prime minister instructed me to move ahead quickly with the establishment of the panel,” Economy Minister Yasutoshi Nishimura told reporters in Tokyo. He added that the government wasn’t thinking of calling an emergency at this point.

The move comes after Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike asked residents to stay indoors this weekend amid a jump in cases and surrounding areas have either followed suit or were expected to do so, which could affect more than 30 million people in total.
Some folk are acting normal, but a lot are still hunkered down and the government is NOT saying shyt is back to normal.

Last edited:

Virtuous_Brotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks are still praising China and talking about how shyt the west is handling it I found that weird af folk really don't want that authoritarian smoke over here :unimpressed:

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just look at the major players in imperialism..

America
Europe
China

One was leading..

One was catching up on the leader.

Then one was in last place, but is shooting to the front quickly.

Who'd benefit from China stumbling behind all of this?

China benefits the most from then failing. They’ll show everyone their model is better by scaling quicker than western nations after they get over the corona

well Your thinking chinese working conditions are the same as ours. Yes they Can get back to work quicker, bc if ppl die or catch the virus it doesn’t matter.

There’s no uproar, or complaining. Most ppl over there are just bodies and easily replaced. It’s American capitalism on steroids.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yep even had a big gathering for the Sakura bloom
Japan: Japanese head out to see cherry blossoms despite coronavirus warnings
image.jpg

Japan_171059c8226_original-ratio.jpg

Japan_171059c81af_original-ratio.jpg

Yeah, about that. :francis:
A combination of warm weather, a national holiday and the blooming of the country’s famed cherry blossoms brought crowds out in Tokyo over a three-day period from last weekend, and may have led to an increase in infections.

The thing is, Japan has been much more disciplined than America has for the last two months. They've been tracking down every case and all their contacts. They've been tested rigorously. They were already selling out of masks way back in January and in some places about 90% of people were wearing masks in public. Kids stopped going to school back in February. Many businesses switched to working from home or staggered schedules so they don't sit next to each other well over a month ago. They've been keeping every public surface santitized like crazy. They're just plain much, much more disciplined about it.

For as long as anyone can remember, cleaners at Tokyo’s 179 metro stations have assiduously sanitised each escalator handrail twice daily. With the appearance of coronavirus in February, they have raised the frequency and used a stronger antiseptic solution.

Japan’s pristine handrails and the calm upping of standards are just two examples used to explain the country’s subdued coronavirus case numbers since the outbreak began in China in January.

But the country’s low infection rate is now being called into question, with a spike in Tokyo raising alarm that Japan has been overly complacent and is set for a “second wave” of illness.

On Thursday, Tokyo reported 47 new infections, of which the source of infection was unknown for more than 20. This marked the fourth day of record one-day rises after 41 cases were reported on Wednesday, bringing the total number of cases in Tokyo to 257. The increase prompted Yuriko Koike, governor of Tokyo, to warn of potentially “explosive growth” in new cases and that people should stay home this weekend.

“There is a need for everyone to share a sense of urgency,” said Satoshi Hori, one of Japan’s leading experts on infection control and a professor at Juntendo University. “But people are becoming tired of exercising restraint.”
So they've had shyt on lock for two months to keep things as they are right now. And now they're starting to get a bit loose with it and some people are worried that's gonna cause issues.

“Everyone thinks it’s calmed down in Japan, and there’s a big gap between that and how we feel,” said Hitoshi Oshytani, a virology professor at Tohoku University. “That’s what makes the coronavirus extremely difficult.”

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Singapore announces one-month lockdown

Vietnam Orders 15-day Nationwide Isolation From April 1

Strict lockdown ‘may be necessary’ with Hongkongers told to stay home

I mean, not saying that they ain't done a better job with other aspects of keeping cases down, but they still seem to think lockdown necessary. :francis:
yeah bc you have to worry about people traveling to and from the countries where there are still infected. They have it under control in their native populations but it was people bringing back to the countries which was the issue.