Burkina Faso,Mali & Guinea express solidarity w/ Niger🇳🇪 and warn that ANY military intervention against Niger is a DECLARATION OF WAR | Algeria joins

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I'm very careful to say clearly when I don't know some shyt, and this is some shyt I do not know. However, what I can say is, the leaders of the 'rebellious' countries look like they understand the gravity of the task. I saw concern and stress, which, weirdly, gives me a little more hope than I had. Like, 15%.

Also, my French is re-activating watching all these speeches. I thought I had lost it, but we play international news downstairs and France 24 was on as I got my coffee and I didn't even realize they were speaking French, it translated so easy and clear.

Small win for me, hopefully a big win for W African de-colonialization.

Is it true that, in the past, countries right next to each other couldn't trade without the wm serving as a middleman? Or issue visas to each other? Or was that bs? If so, I'm pleased that they're at least laying the groundwork to undo all of that. Even if it don't stick this time, the seeds are being planted. It's crazy what the colonizers got away with.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Napoleon the inventor of the draft didn’t put France under military rule when he decided to war for decade after the brutal takeover? That is the definition of military rule, ya need to fight until I say stop. Just because it happened in another century doesn’t mean it was different from now.
Has anybody in here claimed Napoleons military rule was a good thing?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm very careful to say clearly when I don't know some shyt, and this is some shyt I do not know. However, what I can say is, the leaders of the 'rebellious' countries look like they understand the gravity of the task. I saw concern and stress, which, weirdly, gives me a little more hope than I had. Like, 15%.

Also, my French is re-activating watching all these speeches. I thought I had lost it, but we play international news downstairs and France 24 was on as I got my coffee and I didn't even realize they were speaking French, it translated so easy and clear.

Small win for me, hopefully a big win for W African de-colonialization.

Is it true that, in the past, countries right next to each other couldn't trade without the wm serving as a middleman? Or issue visas to each other? Or was that bs? If so, I'm pleased that they're at least laying the groundwork to undo all of that. Even if it don't stick this time, the seeds are being planted. It's crazy what the colonizers got away with.
:patrice: not really all these western nations watch each other back :mjpls:i

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
:patrice: not really all these western nations watch each other back :mjpls:i
No, I mean how thorough they were, and ongoing. France had just signed a new agreement for uranium a few yrs ago from what I'm reading itt. How did we not know this?! We knew about Haiti still paying them. I'm just appalled it got this far, and for so long.

Up until very recently, we ados have been 100% amenable to amplifying the concerns of Africans on the continent (we're now prob 90% amenable). But we didn't know. I miss a black media big enough to keep us well informed on everything, I just can't trust the wm on these topics especially.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, I mean how thorough they were, and ongoing. France had just signed a new agreement for uranium a few yrs ago from what I'm reading itt. How did we not know this?! We knew about Haiti still paying them. I'm just appalled it got this far, and for so long.

Up until very recently, we ados have been 100% amenable to amplifying the concerns of Africans on the continent (we're now prob 90% amenable). But we didn't know. I miss a black media big enough to keep us well informed on everything, I just can't trust the wm on these topics especially.
:jbhmm: you don't hear much about what going on in Africa in mainstream news unless a leader in a country is doing something that the US and it Western allies don't care for:mjpls:

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
Has anybody in here claimed Napoleons military rule was a good thing?

No, but if you read our back and forth you’ll understand that I’m responding to people in the thread distinguishing western countries transformation through military coups/rule from the Sahel ones.

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
The
Islam has been in West Africa for over 1,000 years. The Mandingos who were the first group to convert to the religion did not make it mandatory as shown by the fact that many Mandes never converted to Islam.

Meanwhile Juju practised by the Aro Confederacy and Voodoo practiced Dahomey, were two of the largest enslavers in the slavery era. Juju and Voodoo were indigenous African religions.
The largest enslavers were African Muslims and continues to be them. Islam is not incorporated in vast majority of Afro cultures in the Americas because majority of people that were sold were sold because they weren't Muslims. Islam and Christianity both spread through conquest, deceit and forced conversions. Both are control systems

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The

The largest enslavers were African Muslims and continues to be them. Islam is not incorporated in vast majority of Afro cultures in the Americas because majority of people that were sold were sold because they weren't Muslims. Islam and Christianity both spread through conquest, deceit and forced conversions. Both are control systems
Not true. You are conflating Muslims from the Indian Ocean slave trade with West African Muslims. West African Muslims empires were built on the gold trade and controlling and taxing the trade routes across West Africa. Their empires was not built on slave trading. Dahomey and the Aro Confederacy kingdoms were built strictly upon slave trading. Dahomey, the Aro Confederacy and the Oyo Empire contributed millions of West Africans into slavery. The Oyo Civil War sent so many of their fellow Yoruba people into slavery that the Yoruba became one of the most enslaved groups. Dagomba was another slave trading kingdom in what is now modern day Ghana. The Dagomba targeted Muslims and other groupsiw what now NorthernGhanaand Burkina Faso. There were also Jihads happening across West Africa where Fulani and Mandingos enslaved one another. So your statements regarding Muslim Africans is not true.

Second of all historians now acknowledge that up to 1/3 or ,more of all slaves brought to the USA were Muslims. That is how the Blues was so prevalent and widespread in the USA, because Blues is a Sahelian music. Additionally Muslims brought what we now know as the banjo to America. It is also widely believed that shouting in African American churches is from the Muslim "shawt" which occurs when Muslims attend Mecca. The are other things as well that led researchers to believe that there were a large Muslim segment of slaves in the USA.

Last edited:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Not true. You are conflating Muslims from the Indian Ocean slave trade with West African Muslims. West African Muslims empires were built on the gold trade and controlling and taxing the trade routes across West Africa. Their empires was not built on slave trading. Dahomey and the Aro Confederacy kingdoms were built strictly upon slave trading. Dahomey, the Aro Confederacy and the Oyo Empire contributed millions of West Africans into slavery. The Oyo Civil War sent so many of their fellow Yoruba people into slavery that the Yoruba became one of the most enslaved groups. Dagomba was another slave trading kingdom in what is now modern day Ghana. The Dagomba targeted Muslims and other groupsiw what now NorthernGhanaand Burkina Faso. There were also Jihads happening across West Africa where Fulani and Mandingos enslaved one another. So your statements regarding Muslim Africans is not true.

Second of all historians now acknowledge that up to 1/3 or ,more of all slaves brought to the USA were Muslims. That is how the Blues was so prevalent and widespread in the USA, because Blues is a Sahelian music. Additionally Muslims brought what we now know as the banjo to America. It is also widely believed that shouting in African American churches is from the Muslim "shawt" which occurs when Muslims attend Mecca. The are other things as well that led researchers to believe that there were a large Muslim segment of slaves in the USA.

Can someone confirm if this is true? Not the first time I seen you write it.

From what I know, it was a certain type of african that were sent off, and they were NOT muslims
I do not see proof of that in America nor the Caribbean, Brazil etc