Burkina Faso,Mali & Guinea express solidarity w/ Niger🇳🇪 and warn that ANY military intervention against Niger is a DECLARATION OF WAR | Algeria joins

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
Shouldn't a country be allowed to govern themselves and resources, is there not a market for raw goods. There is nothing on the continent of Africa that they don't already know how to process and refine. Essentially this post supports white supremacy because you're saying it's the white man's burden to help them take care of themselves.

When did I say this?

I said what is the plan to take raw commodities to finished goods not that Africans don't have the intellectual capacity to do so. No most African nations aren't "processing and refining" commodities at this juncture. Plenty of countries have the human "capital" to move beyond commodity economies and yet many still exist (Russia for example) because there is no plan do otherwise. And yes there is a "market" for raw materials but its not a path to building collective wealth and just opens you up to be a colony for countries that actually do have huge industrial bases.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
There is no "leaving alone" in geopolitics. Not disagreeing with you and in fact wish the same but I've become more cynical the more history and political literature I read. Geopolitics is one of the few zero sum games and the winner is always the most powerful and there always competition to be at the top. If the west falls, there won't be a sudden live and let live world order. The removal of one power is the signal for the next biggest power to swoop in and take up the mantel. The only way for black countries to be free is to compete at the same level in order to deter people who wish to interfere in your affairs and to also be able to enact influence. "Playing nice" in such a world is always a losing position.

West Africa won't be left alone and if anything this is probably the new cold war like proxy war between east and west, and once again the Africans are the pawns. This means external forces will increase their attempts to control them or influence them.

I watched that speech by that leader in Burkina Faso and the dude is going places, very charismatic, and makes you want to cheer him like a fellow warrior during a battle scene from Braveheart or some shyt. But he mentions in the same speech how they don't want be pitied or beggers to the west and become self sufficient, but turns around and praises Russia for promising to send grain to meet their needs. Russia isn't doing this for free obviously and Russia is simply wishing to take the place of the west. Whether that is good for them is yet to be seen but the west will not leave that alone and at least in the near future, you will see more intervening in west African affairs at this rate than any point in recent history as the tension between OUTSIDE forces play within various African countries. Once again, you have to ask, does the average person benefit from this?

It's obvious the previous status quo wasn't working for these countries and so an alternative is obviously worth trying. But, I have doubts in the long run that these new external alliances will turn out well. :yeshrug: I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on this stuff and just giving my perspective from my limited knowledge
Military Takeover is the status quo, Representative democracy is what's never been tried.

I guess the elites aren't rich enough to allow it.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
So some people here are of the belief that the will of European/Western countries will always prioritize African autonomy....

Is it because it's all you've known or because you don't believe that African countries have the resources and infrastructure to self-maintain? :patrice:

Do you also believe that Central and South American countries should have never declared independence from the Europeans?

How about the Phillipines and Haiti? Were they foolish to not allow their oppressors to continue to stay?

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So some people here are of the belief that the will of European/Western countries will always prioritize African autonomy....

Is it because it's all you've known or because you don't believe that African countries have the resources and infrastructure to self-maintain? :patrice:

Do you also believe that Central and South American countries should have never declared independence from the Europeans?

How about the Phillipines and Haiti? Were they foolish to not allow their oppressors to continue to stay?

No one in here claimed any of this

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Some of these hot takes make me glad I listen to professionals on geopolitics than random twitter profiles looking for likes.

Coups erode democracy and enable strongmen to power and the majority are not good leaders. The only thing that this can possibly prove is that African countries need to cut better deals when it comes to their resources and improve economically. Most grievances seem to point to this.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Military Takeover is the status quo, Representative democracy is what's never been tried.

I guess the elites aren't rich enough to allow it.
This

Is

My

Entire

Point

I have NO problem with African sovereignty

But these countries were already free, and made deals and continue to make deals but if this going to continue to blame colonialism every 10 years then we need to have a different convo when you’re a landlocked resource economy. OR…they create a French superstate in west Africa. Idk.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Some of these hot takes make me glad I listen to professionals on geopolitics than random twitter profiles looking for likes.

Coups erode democracy and enable strongmen to power and the majority are not good leaders. The only thing that this can possibly prove is that African countries need to cut better deals when it comes to their resources and improve economically. Most grievances seem to point to this.

Bingo.

look at how Mia Motley is moving in a “revolutionary spirit” but didn’t have to get the military to start pointing guns at people to do it.

Same with Lula in Brazil.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps

Imagine saying you listen to geopolitical experts, saying coups are inherently bad for West Africans, but knowing nothing of Rawlings

:mjlol:

@Samori Toure

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
I’m pro Africa that’s pro west.

We’re already here in the west. Let’s build on that.

Simba-Nala-Confused-Look-Lion-King.gif

....Whatever you say my Jamaican brotha :mjpls: