Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Funny thing about this thread and this World Cup it shows how Americans want instant gratification and the fickleness of sports fans in general.

If you really think about it. This is evolution. At least 2 decades in the making to get this point in football in the USA. And the USA is already better than the Africans (:umad:)and a host of other nations and continents, yet people still want to throw shade.

What casual football fans never realize is that change and the gaining of experience is glacial in football. There are no overnight successes, there are seldom once in a lifetime players (hence, once in a lifetime) and you just don't throw money at something in international football for immediate results. It's very often times decades and decades of playing and cultivating batches of players, and contingent historical forces which bring about success in international football. For instance Spain's dominance was a touch of all those. The once in a life time player in Xavi, decades and decades of players, historical forces that included the rise of La Masia, a late night meeting held between Marcelo Bielsa and Pep Guardiola, Diego Costa falling out with the nation of Brazil and Tito Vilanova succumbing to cancer all of which, directly or indirectly contributed to their dominance and subsequent fall.

In America this is never understood. We're the moneyed unmoneyed, falling back on assumed dominance even in foreign fields. In short we must blame the American fans and others for buying into the great American exceptionalism machine. Though you can't really blame people. The PR machine for American sports has the strength of a Luis Suarez image restoration campaign after a bite incident.

Allow 30 shots on target, replicate your finish in your last World Cup, then call it progress brehs.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my niccas. i'm still :banderas:over here at that origi dude...

that lil nicca was playin with so much arrogance and swag i aint seen this all world cup. james rodriguez comes close.

this time around origi was feeding these niccas beautiful passes i was :damn::wtf:at who this nicca was.

teamusa almost scored in the 88th min to steal the game but i want to see what belgium has for the next round.

shout out to tim howard man. too bad this is probably his last world cup.. and it's back to rebuilding a soccer team. this is it for these niccas. they too old now...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Yep. We lack technique to an epic degree. The only ones with technique on the Nats is the Germans and Yeldin.

I wonder why that is :mjpls:

As Americans we always want to tough out our wins....thats not how it works. You keep missing clear chances, not controlling the ball and keep getting forced to depend on your legendary keeper to make Yolo saves then you will never advance.

and the homie @penfield is right. We can't expect to appear out of nowhere or all of a sudden be a world beater in this sport. Remember out of the entire history of the cup Brazil has 5, Italy 4 and Germany 3. That's almost FIFTY years with only 3 nations winning. And so many nations JUST now getting to the world stage. We are in a good position right now as a country to make some good runs in the future.

Remember, Jurgen said he was playing for the NEXT world cup...and based off what we seen...he might be really setting himself and the USA up for a fantastic next run.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The Africans would easily be better if they had infrastructure. Africans are trying to build an economy. They can't focus on sports development. When those U-13 Real Madrid teams play the African teams, they get their ass whooped. It's the lack of infrastructure that does Africans in.

Hell look at the Africans on the Euro teams. Pogba, Lukaku, Viera, shyt look at Sterling from Kingston, JAM.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are in a good position right now as a country to make some good runs in the future.

Remember, Jurgen said he was playing for the NEXT world cup...and based off what we seen...he might be really setting himself and the USA up for a fantastic next run.
other teams have very young players in their team. teamusa is old.