Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Can y'all give up the 'If more black/athletic/sizeable people played soccer the US would be a powerhouse"

Athleticism is cool and definitely helps but it doesn't make you automatically good at soccer or guarantee you'll win anything (see Africa).

Size should be the last thing ppl look at.

Good players come in all races.

The US just havent picked the best group of players is it. Believe me, muthafukkas is out there, they just need to be recognized and put in the squad which is where the disconnect seems to be for the US team. They always go in with some questionable ass ppl in certain positions. And from this performance we see who shows all the promise and who needs to go and once they fix those holes in the team it's gonna be :whew:
Africa's problems seem to be 100% from the leadership/coaching side of things, not their skill or athleticism. They have the tools.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
BreE9xbCAAAyUBJ.jpg

At least she's celebrating. :drool:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You guys dont appreciate the grunt work Jozy does.

Hopefully we can field a strong side for Copa 100

I hope so but Copa 16 is looking like a mickey mouse tournament imo. I expect B teams at least from the south american sides

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
This shyt hurts way more than 2010.
If Bradley hadn't and if Dempsey hadn't...

Everything hurts. Congrats to Belgium, I hope Messi scores a hat trick.

definitely not... 2010 we lose to an inferior Ghana team and had a Uruguay cupcake team in the QF possible... we could've legit made the Semifinals.

2014 we get out of the group of death and lose to a Belgian golden generation

nothing to feel bad about at all.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The technical gulf in quality between the teams was comical. One team looked like pro's who could trap and pass a ball, whilst the other team looked like a bunch of amateurs playing their first game. There's no point having a physical athlete if he can't dribble properly or instantly control a football.

to get that ball control kids need to have the ball from when they're young like piano lessons. you aint gonna be a good or a world class player playing soccer from high school or college.
i've seen sohh sports experts talk as if 30 kick ups is an accomplishment. just the number 30 anything in any sport had me :wtf:

niccas today looked like they started playing soccer in community college. i wasn't even watching them. i was watching that nicca origi..

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
:dead: @ Dudes really catching feelings over @Emperor_ReinScarf posting pics. You salute this flag all you want -

Herron.jpg

convention-bostons-image.jpg

I wont :mjpls:

It's a difficult truth, yeah. Not to mention the bullshyt "we are all Americans" propaganda that ESPN has been peddling during the tournament.

Me, I just want to see some good football. I just happen to have more of a connection to America and some of the Western European countries (I was born near the Germany-France border) than I do to any African country proper. Thus, I watch them with more interest than others. No disgusting jingoism really needs to come into it (because, honestly, when over half of Algeria's team is French-born, the majority of the French team is Black and Klinsmann is plucking half- and halves from Germany like he's picking nose hairs, nationalism is kind of meaningless), yet it always does because idiots always want to bring the pride of nations that couldn't care less about them into it.

I'm just here for the football, honestly. Everything else is extraneous. It just happens that the nationalism of World Cup football happens to be inescapable (and if you don't believe that, check Uruguay's reaction to Suarez' ban).

Not a satisfying answer, but so it goes. :yeshrug:

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The technical gulf in quality between the teams was comical. One team looked like pro's who could trap and pass a ball, whilst the other team looked like a bunch of amateurs playing their first game. There's no point having a physical athlete if he can't dribble properly or instantly control a football.

yep but they don't hear you though. Backline played great, but they had zero composure on the ball instead of maintaining the ball they just hopelessly cleared the ball away. I wont even talk about the midfield.