Bundas, Bribes and Brazucas - The Official Brazil FIFA World Cup 2014 Thread

Who do you think will win the World Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Superstar
Daps
http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...zy-altidore-will-play-tuesday-usmnt/11473173/

U.S. coach Jurgen Klinsmann said he's optimistic about the chances of forward Jozy Altidore playing inTuesday's World Cup knockout stage game against Belgium.

"We are very optimistic. Every day is a big step forward for him," Klinsmann said.

Altidore pulled up lame with a hamstring injury in the American's group opening win versus Ghana and hasn't played since. He was seen jogging at the U.S. team's training session earlier Friday.

In his absence, Klinsmann has deployed Clint Dempsey as the Americans' lone forward.

In other injury news, Jermaine Jones has a broken nose as he expected after Thursday's game against Germany, but he is scheduled to play in the round of 16 against Belgium on Tuesday in Salvador.

U.S. Soccer Federation spokesman Michael Kammarman said Jones and fellow midfielder Alejandro Bedoya each were checked on the field during the 1-0 loss at Recife following their second-half collision, and three more times since. Jones won't wear a protective mask and the fracture hasn't caused discoloration in the area.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
League wise, goals have been contributed from 20 different country leagues (excluding different tiers) with English leagues leading with 27 goals. Here is the table showing goals distribution by different leagues (minimum 2 goals scored).

LEAGUE WISE WORLD CUP GOALS BREAKUP

LEAGUEGOALS SCORED
English leagues27
German leagues25
Spanish leagues19
Italian leagues12
French leagues7
Portuguese leagues7
American leagues5
Mexican leagues5
Russian leagues5
Brazilian leagues3
Dutch leagues3
Greek leagues2
U.A.E leagues2

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Germany wasn't even trying? :childplease: The USA defense held Germany at bay for whole game even though USA was passing like shyt.

Come on bruh, do you really think Germany could take it up 3 more gears in that game if they wanted :lolbron:

They were passing it around the box not willing to put in the killer ball for most of the game you could see it. I aint trying to hate bro, just keeping it 100. Germany are favourites for a reason

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stop it. Germany controlled the game start to finish, if they really wanted they could have scared 3 goals. but they didn't have too.

Lol at they didn't have to. Germany was trying to score every chance that they got. The US defense was just really good. End of story.

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
I'm more worried about Belgium than I am Argentina...

Aside from Messi nothing I have seen from that Argentinian team worries...

Their back line is basura and they barely beat Nigeria and Iran...

:comeon:
Argentina were a much stronger team against Iran and deserved the win in both matches.

Statik

King Of Kings.
Daps
Lol at they didn't have to. Germany was trying to score every chance that they got. The US defense was just really good. End of story.

LOL @ end of story . Germany were going through anyway before the game even started, so the match was pointless but they still walked all over USA,Just like Jstar said watch the game again, they were passing the ball up and down midfield most of the match. You didn't see the desire to get more goals like usual, they just chilling.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL @ end of story . Germany were going through anyway before the game even started, so the match was pointless but they still walked all over USA,Just like Jstar said watch the game again, they were passing the ball up and down midfield most of the match. You didn't see the desire to get more goals like usual, they just chilling.

You must of watched a different game then I watched because I saw a USA defense stifle the Germans during any scoring opportunities except for one. And germany didn't look like they were taking it easy either.