Buju Banton - "Reggae Music Fight to Free Africa, but No African Artist Sings to Free Africa, Just Fukkery!!"

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
A class issue. Most ghetto African youths aren't getting that international recognition. The music does need to get more conscious though. We are living in serious times, especially as youth.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
200w.gif

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You are making an assumption that I don't know that people in Cuba and Brazil still speak Yoruba.

But do YOU speak Yoruba? If not, then keep quiet. You don't know how Yoruba people are venerating their traditional deities.
:mjlol: :dead:

You showing your ignorance here. Like me knowing not Yoruba language disqualifies me from speaking on the Yoruba influence in the western hemisphere. Tell you what I’ll tell Trinidad orisha and shango Baptist that they should cease and desist practicing their religion because they don’t speak the language.

Last edited:

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
You showing your ignorance here. Like me knowing not Yoruba language disqualifies me from speaking on the Yoruba influence in the western hemisphere. Tell you what I’ll tell Trinidad orisha and shango Baptist that they should cease and desist practicing their religion because they don’t speak the language.

You made the claim that “shango and orisha” music needed to make a comeback among the Yoruba.

How can you make that claim if you don’t speak Yoruba, don’t know much about Yoruba culture. Because you don’t speak Yoruba, you don’t even know what to search up in terms of current going ons in Isese.
:unimpressed:

This is like me, not knowing how to speak Chinese, and claiming that Confucianism is dead in China.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
You made the claim that “shango and orisha” music needed to make a comeback among the Yoruba.

How can you make that claim if you don’t speak Yoruba, don’t know much about Yoruba culture. Because you don’t speak Yoruba, you don’t even know what to search up in terms of current going ons in Isese.
:unimpressed:

This is like me, not knowing how to speak Chinese, and claiming that Confucianism is dead in China.
I honestly think they don’t understand how much the culture ties into the language. It’s like how can’t have Islam without Arabic. shyt would fall apart and stop making sense

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You made the claim that “shango and orisha” music needed to make a comeback among the Yoruba. How can you make that claim if you don’t speak Yoruba, don’t know much about Yoruba culture. Because you don’t speak Yoruba, you don’t even know what to search up in terms of current going ons in Isese. :unimpressed: This is like me, not knowing how to speak Chinese, and claiming that Confucianism is dead in China.

I absolutely did not make the claim that it should make a come back exclusively to the Yoruba people since the religion and by proxy the music is practiced by the diaspora outside of the African continent.