Bryce Young official height: 5'10" Are you concerned?

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I don't want to judge because I don't get to watch Panthers games. But I just don't get it. this man put up monstrous numbers in the SEC. I can't blame it on height because short qbs like Brees, Kyler, Baker have had success. Weight is def a concern but he's listed at 205. (unless that's a lie cause he looks about 180). But there hasn't been too many qb busts from the sec. Johnny Manziel and Jamarcus Russell had other demons not related to football.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Ryan Leaf. Its gonna take alot to dethrone him.
If you add in what it took to get Bryce and moves after he's already dethroned

Leaf was bad but at least he went after Peyton, Panthers went Bryce over CJ. And he wasn't great yesterday but if Caleb pans out that's 2 franchise QBs before Panthers get one

But they're stuck with him and want to make it work, they fire all the coaches (they still have to pay) besides Evero to bring in Tampa's OC who was supposed to have made Baker tick and a whole new staff + new GM. Except it's looking like Baker's time in the Rams QB room for that half season helped more, Baker looks the same without Canales and Bryce looks the same with him

Can't throw the ball past 15 yds, likes to scramble but never gets far, same size as the water boys, and the one thing he was supposed to be (smart) he hasn't been. Still throwing balls only the DB on the other team can catch like the first INT yesterday, and on 3 and 10 the Saints DB is at the line on his left clearly to blitz, Bryce calls audible but apparently didn't see the DB hawking and that 3rd and 10 is a 4th and 18 before he comes out the step back. All that predraft stuff about Saban letting Bryce call his own plays & protections is out the window.

He's not an NFL QB and I don't think he'd be one somewhere else either, it's that bad. He's past Leaf to me and given what the QB means and they've missed out on 2, to end up with another top pick in a weak QB draft, idk if you can sell me on 3 trades worser in NFL history than this one. They still owe the Bears a 2nd

premier58

All Star
Daps
I don't want to judge because I don't get to watch Panthers games. But I just don't get it. this man put up monstrous numbers in the SEC. I can't blame it on height because short qbs like Brees, Kyler, Baker have had success. Weight is def a concern but he's listed at 205. (unless that's a lie cause he looks about 180). But there hasn't been too many qb busts from the sec. Johnny Manziel and Jamarcus Russell had other demons not related to football.
Heath Shuler, Tim Tebow, Danny Wuerffel, Tim Couch, Jimmy Clausen, Kellen Mond, Mac Jones, Kyle Trask. All from the SEC, all busts/big disappointments.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
instinctively the game at the NFL level simply moves too fast for him. No doubt he knows what to do before a play, and can breakdown everything that went wrong upon review, but feel wise, he just doesn't have the capacity to process and react in the moment if it goes slightly off script. Everything has to be in place for him to excel, and that's just not feasible at this level. In hindsight, he should have sat behind a vet for a year or two. This baptism by fire he's getting has only caused his bad tendencies to develop even more

The SEC is supposed to be the closest to NFL speed in college and that should have been a good indicator of how Bryce was supposed to perform. But he looks lost out there.

It's like he forgot how to play quarterback.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
True but Texans got better talent around Stroud.
Nobody thought that talent was nice until Stroud got there
Everyone was saying they had the worst roster in the league before the season and then they won the division and won a playoff game
If you watch the games, Stroud is really just that nice
He looks like Peyton Manning 2.0
All that "super processor, elite accuracy" shyt Bryce got hyped for having, he's never shown for a single second in the NFL, meanwhile that's what CJ looks like

This looks like a Peyton Manning throw. It was an elite catch by Collins but Stroud legit fit that into the smallest window possible where only Collins could get it. If he threw that a centimeter more inside, it's getting at least tipped

horizon

Veteran
Daps
Brees 6ft not 5'9. I told yall the height makes a difference nikkas were telling me I'm crazy.
Brees said multiple times in his career that he could not see over his linemen and that it was his understanding of the play design, timing of the play, and defensive looks that helped him deliver the ball where it needed to go