Bruno Mars is Everything Chris Brown Should've Been

Daps
Bruno is a better singer.

Chris is more talented overall but that doesn't always translate into making good music and commercial success. There are millions of artists that can sing/dance/play guitar in circles around Taylor Swift....but that doesn't mean shyt.

Bruno isn't MJ but he's the closest I've seen in my almost 40 years. Bruno just makes music that's fun to listen to. Shyt is catchy. That's a gift that you can't teach.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
LUEgfTixxhH81fg1DgLkP5JdPosAPh_large.jpg

This Mothafukka wants his R&B like Mean Streets :deadrose:
Technically that’s what r&b is

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Sometimes I don't understand.
People will complain that music isn't like it used to be. They'll say they want that old thing back. That 80s sound. That 90s sound. Then a guy like Bruno will come through and give us 70s/80s/90s style hits, GOOD HITS mind you, and nikkas will complain saying he's just borrowing styles and music from the past. That's what y'all asked for :what:

You telling me 24K Magic ain't a good 90s style song? You telling me Versace on the Floor ain't a good 80s style song? You saying After Last Night ain't a good 70s throwback?

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Yup.

Even tho folks will say Bruno’s music is ehhh, there’s more than enough soul in it and he can sell to a pop audience.

But this is more about the career arc

Bruno is a damn worker on the stage and behind the scenes and always delivers. He can pivot from project to project and come with a different theme each time and a different sound.

His fans are growing with him and the little bit of trouble he has gotten it hasn’t derailed his progress.

Chris crashed out for the hell of it at the apex of his life and threw away a billionaire bītch because he couldn’t keep his cool — regardless of the provocation.

That new school Bobby Brown vibe is retarded because his bozo went well beyond any kind of fųckery Bobby got into