Bruno Mars is Everything Chris Brown Should've Been

Hathaway

Someday, We'll All Be Free
Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Might be a controversial opinion but not to me. Allow me to preface by saying I am a big fan of both. Been fukking with Chris since 05. Became a Bruno fan back in 2011. When you line their careers up side by side, it's crazy how much success Bruno has had compared to Chris.

Look at it like this, physically, they both pass the ":mjpls:" box. Chris being a light skinned breh and Bruno being racially ambiguous. They both can pull off ANY look. Chris can be a regular breh then pop into his blonde hair then pull out some red hair or that Mexican looking shyt he had in the Heat video.
Same with Bruno. He could look like a younger Mike ala Locked outta Heaven video. He can look Hispanic, latino like in the Please Me video. He can look like a mixed breh too. They are both very dynamic physically which bodes well in the pop music scene.

Vocally, Bruno is the superior singer but they both occupy that high tenor range that dominates popular music: MJ, Freddie Mercury, Weeknd, Sam Smith, Bieber, Harry Styles, Bryson Tiller etc.

Dancing wise, it depends on your taste. Chris is a freestyle, athletic dancer. Bruno is more pop locky, grounded. But Chris is the superior dancer. He's just more technically sound.

Musically, Brunos discography completely wipes out Chris'. Chris epitomizes quantity over quality whereas Bruno is the exact opposite. Bruno just doesn't make bad music. No matter what the genre. His music always hits.

Chris is just as talented but his catalog is hit or miss. When it hits, he got some bangers. But the majority of his catalog is not that good. Same with his albums. Just alot of okayish songs with 2-3 good ones.

Evolution. A Bruno song from 2012 would not sound the same as a Bruno song from today. Chris Browns sound is ultimately unchanged for the most part. Not saying he's not diverse musically because he is but his sound has not really evolved in his adult years. I feel he's not that creative anymore or his producers aren't.

Bruno gave us Doowops and Hooligans, your standard pop album. Then Unorthodox Jukebox which mirrored some 50s/60s/70s music. Then jumped to 24K Magic which gave us 80s/90s cuts. Then mf Silk Sonic came thru and crushed the buildings. He's always experimenting with his sound and music and I appreciate that.

I really feel like Brunos career should've been Breezys. CB shouldve been a pop megastar but he never reached that level. He got stuck in that r&b sometimes pop lane. He never really crossed over.

Bruno is closer to MJ than Chris. Quality albums. Quality music and performance wise, Bruno puts on a better stage show than Chris. His Silk Sonic concert in Vegas is still the best concert I've ever been to.

Daps
Bland, predictable, formulaic. Pop with no edge. He sounded like AI on that silk sonic record. Just an approximation of what soul music is. Way too polished no grit.

LUEgfTixxhH81fg1DgLkP5JdPosAPh_large.jpg

This Mothafukka wants his R&B like Mean Streets :deadrose:

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
Bland, predictable, formulaic. Pop with no edge. He sounded like AI on that silk sonic record. Just an approximation of what soul music is. Way too polished no grit.
Even still, that Silk Sonic record was a breath of fresh air when it dropped. "Ima leeaave tha door ooopeen"

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Bruno makes fun music

That matters more than anything else.

Chris Brown is a fukking gangbanger wannabe and a loser

The only time you hear about him is some shyt outside of music, he's out of style like belts with the LED on em.

Hathaway

Daps
Reppin
The Abyss
That's not good music breh. That's watered down Karaoke shyt. Dude just remade shyt from the 70s and 80s we been there and done that.
But in the middle of all this bullshyt we're forced to listen to today, I'll take that. It's still good music.