Bruh...Teen Titans Go

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows

cyborg with another one. :wow:

:ohhh: It makes sense!!! I had a feeling he was feeling her in the movie!! I didn’t even make that connection. Although he marries another white super heroine, I wonder if they have a storyline... eventhough Cyborg has black grandkids (in the TTG universe) I still have hope.
latest

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
I know Teen Titans Go gets shytted on but if you accept it for what it is you realize its a fun little show.

Unfortunately, they turned down mature content with a loyal fan base, for kiddie fodder. Samurai Jack received critical acclaim and that was the last season of some very mature content. Steven Universe, Adventure and Regular Show, are all shows that speak for the same demo as the original Teen Titans, but Cartoon Neggwork still on that greasey kiddie money train.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Unfortunately, they turned down mature content with a loyal fan base, for kiddie fodder. Samurai Jack received critical acclaim and that was the last season of some very mature content. Steven Universe, Adventure and Regular Show, are all shows that speak for the same demo as the original Teen Titans, but Cartoon Neggwork still on that greasey kiddie money train.

Man you wilding. Sure it's comedy but a lot of the jokes on TTG are beyond kids. You could easily make the case that the jokes on TTG are more mature than Adventure Time. Sure there are more mature themes on Adventure Time but the comedy portion is very childish.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah. Except TTG is the highest rated show on Cartoon Network and #2 isn’t even close to the numbers it pulls.

Just because you don’t like the show doesn’t mean new fans don’t feel the same loyalty for the brand. CN has simply stopped catering to older fans, which frankly, makes a ton of sense.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Yeah. Except TTG is the highest rated show on Cartoon Network and #2 isn’t even close to the numbers it pulls.

Just because you don’t like the show doesn’t mean new fans don’t feel the same loyalty for the brand. CN has simply stopped catering to older fans, which frankly, makes a ton of sense.

I understand the business aspect about it, but that very same tactic is what had them reeling before the Toonami days. Its not about catering to just older fans, but to provide something that isn't dumbed down and has lasting power. TTG is hot now, it won't be hot "tomorrow".

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Man you wilding. Sure it's comedy but a lot of the jokes on TTG are beyond kids. You could easily make the case that the jokes on TTG are more mature than Adventure Time. Sure there are more mature themes on Adventure Time but the comedy portion is very childish.

The comedy portion is varied in AT, like Steven Universe, as opposed to TTG where the comedy is banal and targeted toward kids with the occasional jabs to fans of the original show.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
The comedy portion is varied in AT, like Steven Universe, as opposed to TTG where the comedy is banal and targeted toward kids with the occasional jabs to fans of the original show.

But the comedy in TTG ISN'T strictly targeted towards kids. What do kids know about the soul crushing grind of working a 9-5 and jokes aimed squarely at that all episode long? What do kids know about the stock market? Have kids even seen the 80s movie Heavy Metal which is what their most popular song parodied? Do kids know Kenny G? Some of the things Starfire says is straight up gibberish to a child but to an adult that shyt alone is straight comedy.

CN still has shows aimed at an older audience, why not watch those if you don't care for TTG? TTG has something for all audiences if you can get past the butt hurt of the cancelation of the original series.

Last edited:

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand the business aspect about it, but that very same tactic is what had them reeling before the Toonami days. Its not about catering to just older fans, but to provide something that isn't dumbed down and has lasting power. TTG is hot now, it won't be hot "tomorrow".

Have you actually watched TTG? I would argue it’s really, really good. Borderline great. The only “bad” thing about it is some people won’t give it a chance because of what came before.

Now if you don’t like it, that’s fine. But it’s not a bad show, and it doesn’t deserve half the hate it gets. Meanwhile Steven Universe fans act like that show is the greatest thing since God made man (it’s also really, really good, for very different reasons), and no one except hard core fans even watch it.