Bros... James Gandolfini died

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm speechless, brehs :wow:

Everyone is a Breaking Bad fan nowadays, but y'all need to pay homage to one of the dudes who made the anti-hero/villain protaganist a popular trend on television. Best character portrayal in TV history, imo. R.I.P to the Don:to:

By their own admission "Breaking Bad" was inspired by "The Sopranos". They even modeled the Walt/Jesse fight in season 4 after the Tony/Ralph fight from season 4 of "The Sopranos".

RIP. He died young but he's forever immortalized as Tony Soprano.

Fred.

bertyr

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been saying this for a long time..when you get to 30? Don't play. Get your ass in shape and pay attention to everything. I'll NEVER understand those ultra big overweight people that head towards 300lbs when they know in their soul they can do something everyday to fight it. It's all psychological.

Agree it's not something to play around with. Really think people who don't take care of themselves after 30 are deep down trying to punish themselves for something - It's masochistic. It's sad seeing an obese person or addict cause on top of feeling shytty health wise and emotionally, they get ridiculed and shamed by people who protect themselves by hurting others which helps to reinforce the masochism.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been saying this for a long time..when you get to 30? Don't play. Get your ass in shape and pay attention to everything. I'll NEVER understand those ultra big overweight people that head towards 300lbs when they know in their soul they can do something everyday to fight it. It's all psychological.

I agree. When I saw the time was coming that I might be on the verge of diabetes, I sprung into action. I went from 406 to 245.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
By their own admission "Breaking Bad" was inspired by "Sopranos". They even modeled the Walt/Jesse fight in season 4 after the Tony/Ralph fight from season 4 of "The Sopranos".

RIP. He died young but he's forever immortalized as Tony Soprano.

Fred.

Real shyt. It's not even just a Breaking Bad thing either. Homeland, Dexter, The Shield, etc. The concept wasn't created by Gandolfini's character, but he really kinda paved the way for what's the most prevalent type of lead character nowadays.

406? :wow:

Bigmacfanatic :ohlawd:
:dead: Props to dude for his hard work, though

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Even if your in shape see Marc Vivian foe, Jeff green etc

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

Yup. I know everyday runners who been in shape for 10+ years just drop of a heart attack. Your diet gots to be right and when i say right i mean more then just cutting carbs and fats and junk food. U need good cholesterol for your heart. Exercising just aint enough regardless if u eat good or not. U need to eat hearty foods.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Real shyt. It's not even just a Breaking Bad thing either. Homeland, Dexter, The Shield, etc. The concept wasn't created by Gandolfini's character, but he really kinda paved the way for what's the most prevalent type of lead character nowadays.

That's why I :wtf: at people that say they ain't watched it. None of this shyt would exist without "The Sopranos".

Tony started this gangster shyt, and this the motherfukking thanks he gets? :what:

Matter of fact, let's run it back a few years. Look at "Profit". 1996 Fox show with an amoral anti-hero protagonist. shyt got cancelled after 8 eps:

Viewers were reported to have flooded their local Fox network affiliates with phone calls objecting to the amoral actions of the lead character Jim Profit and referring to him as "Satan in a Suit".

Meanwhile, critics loved it:

"Refreshingly cruel, Fox's Profit is the most exciting new show I've seen this year."
"Jim Profit may well be the most unremittingly evil character ever to serve as the protagonist and principal voice of a network TV series. Next to Profit, Dallas' J.R. Ewing is as menacing as Babe the Pig."
"It certainly was not a mainstream show. It wasn't for everyone. There were parts of it I'm sure mainstream viewers found very disturbing and unappealing. But for people who like interesting television, it was very well written. It was spellbinding. You had to know what made this guy (Jim Profit) tick."

Profit (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now imagine if "The Sopranos" doesn't exist as a bridge between that show and "Breaking Bad", "House of Cards", "Homeland", "Dexter", "The Shield", etc.

I know a lot of times somebody dies and people are nice and say extra shyt, but nah. This is actually reality.

Fred.

Dr.HannibalLecter

Tha Realest
Daps
I just read it :wtf:

tumblr_moo5e1E9wK1qjo9duo1_1280.jpg

:to:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I cant believe its real. i was hopefully fake news until i cliked this thread and jsut saw E News...

damn...RIP Tony

:to:

ThaRebel

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
41st was the worsest turf on the earth...
Just started rewatchin the show every morning before work like a month ago. Gandolfini was brilliant in that show. He was inside of that character in a way I've rarely seen on screen. It's gonna be kinda tough to finish watchin now. :to: