Brooklyn vs The Bronx. Which is better?

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
I vote Brooklyn. More civilized people, more different West Indian ethnic groups, more authentic soul food.

Brooklyn has its own skyscrapers. Bronx doesn’t.

Brooklyn has 3 beaches. The Bronx has one beach and the Bronx people don’t even use it because they come to Brooklyn.

Brookyn has more buses and trains and better jerk chicken.
You describing New Brooklyn... Now if we talking old BK then it was basically the same as the Bronx specifically north Bronx where all the West Indians at, baychester, gun hill etc it was no different that bed Stuy, ENY etc.. I grew up in the south Bronx in the 80s and spent time between there and BK bed stuy on Halsey and Troop... good times back then even tho it was grimy as fukk in both boroughs

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
tenor.gif

Nah. Let's be honest. Only reason Queens isn't the wackest borough is because Staten Island exists. Shoutouts to Guy R Brewer/Jamaica, but that's it. The rest is wack as fukk. Only thing Queens is good for is JFK.

This is true. :ehh:
:mjlol: This is all cap

nikkas gna ignore just how lit Steinway was during the pandemic

astoria-crowds-llnyc.jpg

shyt was lookin like south beach

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Bx is single handedly keeping NYC shenanigans alive. I'm born and raised in BK, but honestly going to the BX for an exotic Fordham getaway or cruising the City Island seas is like a vacation for me. Bk gentrification be odee sometime
Real New York nikka shyt. I'll give y'all one thing. I used to love going to City Island and eating at Sammy's. shyt was a whole event. Put on my best to go to Sammy's.
:mjlol: This is all cap

nikkas gna ignore just how lit Steinway was during the pandemic

astoria-crowds-llnyc.jpg

shyt was lookin like south beach
Cuomo-in-Red-Room-3-860x484.jpg

Shiiittt. All I see are a bunch folks taking corona chances. Brooklynites are smarter.
We never got caught doing such things. :lolbron:

igottabaldhead

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Tri State Area
If you're going to move to Pelham or Parkchester, just stay in WC. You're likely paying more $ while still far away from Manhattan. Unless Pelham or PC is right by your job(30 min or less from your job), just stay where you at.

My jobs actually in White Plains, but my entire social life is in the boroughs. and i want more people coming by my place for kickbacks, dinners, dates etc

im out the way now.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Social - Brooklyn by a mile and you get a true feel during the summer how light years ahead it is compared to the BX. There is always something to do beyond the regular going to the club/lounge and conventional social activities in BK just got to do your research and a lot of them are free.

Economy/commercial side - you have a bubbling tech sector with some tech companies and vc funds setting up shop in BK (although still early stage). Some mature financial services firms are setting up shop in BK (JP Morgan at Metrotech). You have great activity in terms of Black business ownership that is expanding beyond the the conventional hospitality/restaurant business and personal care sectors (barbershops/hair salons).

The fact that BK has prospect park is a value addition to the borough in terms of events during the summer.

Last edited:

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
I live and work in Brooklyn...I rarely go to the Bronx for anything, but of the few times a year that I go, I hate it there, it's overcrowded and hood as fuk everywhere...it's out of the way of everything and difficult to get to from other boroughs... and the traffic is insane

as an outsider of nyc....BK is the most overrated place in America imo...but lately it has a lot more going on for it with the development of downtown BK and Grand Army Plaza...it has some nice areas but it's way over priced, overcrowded, and finding parking is a second job