Brooklyn vs The Bronx. Which is better?

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Won’t find this in the BX

7925847254_4345ec03b0_b.jpg

As someone who grew up further up Flushing Ave. (Bushwick Houses), I felt some type of way seeing this. A couple years after this pic was taken, I had gone back up top for my HS reunion, and I took a drive around the old neighborhood. I was driving by my old house on Jefferson St., and I saw this gang of white people walking up the block, like maybe 15-20 strong. They'd walk a little while and then stop, and start looking at some of the graffiti on the wall. I rolled down my window to see if I could hear, and it became apparent that they were on some kind of hood safari tour.... I was so heated.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
white people are moving to the part of brownsville they labeled ocean hill. Realtors are selling as a part of bed stuy or buswick.
These Realtors stay coming up with these bulshyt names for these neighborhoods that sell the white people. Like East Williamsburg.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Which of them was your most fav neighborhood and why?
Crown Heights hands down!
Great blend of Africans, West Indians, and African Americans. And Hasidic Jews!
It really felt like home when I lived there. My favorite neighborhood in Brooklyn. Even though I lived in Bushwick longer.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
These Realtors stay coming up with these bulshyt names for these neighborhoods that sell the white people. Like East Williamsburg.

Ocean Hill wasn’t created by realtors. The name was always there. You can see it in old NyC maps and the subway map. It just wasn’t used by the locals.

Realtors do make up names but they also like to use sub names to recreate areas.

they did the same thing with Stuyvesant heights (bed stuy) and Ditmas Park (west Flatbush)

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
tenor.gif

Nah. Let's be honest. Only reason Queens isn't the wackest borough is because Staten Island exists. Shoutouts to Guy R Brewer/Jamaica, but that's it. The rest is wack as fukk. Only thing Queens is good for is JFK.

This is true. :ehh:
:mjlol: BK nikkas aren’t in a position to talk about Queens. You nikkas don’t even own your homes.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Crown Heights hands down!
Great blend of Africans, West Indians, and African Americans. And Hasidic Jews!
It really felt like home when I lived there. My favorite neighborhood in Brooklyn. Even though I lived in Bushwick longer.
My hood. :salute:
:mjlol: BK nikkas aren’t in a position to talk about Queens. You nikkas don’t even own your homes.
That is false. Plenty people own houses in Brooklyn. Queen’s house are cheaper because they’re all made of asbestos and cardboard. :pacspit:

Flatlands
Canarsie
East Flatbush
East New York
My guy. Let him know. :russ:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
im actually considering moving into the bronx this upcoming spring, i want to experience living fulltime in the city instead of westchester.

I was looking at a few places in Parkchester and Pelham area, your thoughts on the areas?

1. where in Westchester?

2. Pelham Bay Park area is aight I guess. I don't venture out there too often to really tell you the ins and outs of that spot. It's not far from Co-Op City, I-95 and Bay Plaza, so that area's ok. It has the stuff you'll need. Parkchester is a decent area surrounded by grimy ass hoods, but the complex itself is cool. Lots of Black people and South Asians there. It's completely opposite from where I'm at, so other people can judge that side more accurately.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
im actually considering moving into the bronx this upcoming spring, i want to experience living fulltime in the city instead of westchester.

I was looking at a few places in Parkchester and Pelham area, your thoughts on the areas?

If you're going to move to Pelham or Parkchester, just stay in WC. You're likely paying more $ while still far away from Manhattan. Unless Pelham or PC is right by your job(30 min or less from your job), just stay where you at.