Brooklyn Nets GM says Kyrie's apology is not enough. He MUST meet with Jewish leaders before being allowed to play again.

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
rabbinical-students-in-jerusalem.jpg

But Jews cacs acting like they’re not cacs :mjlol:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Something i learned as a child that i thought others did is that you can not control the response of others. This is how they make an example out of people. I do not know of any other group that behaves like us: "He is not racist, i have known him for x years" "He was confused" "He dated a black woman" "Maybe he has a point", etc.... We never are unified on things like this, or anything for that matter. No group is fractured like us when it comes to not only calling out disrespect, but acting on stopping it.

Joe Rogan was shown on camera calling Black people APES. Within a few weeks, dudes in different subforums were back to posting his content as if it never happened.

I used the "ignore thread" function, but I'm sure the threads are still up.

Kyrie is being bullied here, though. And it's bullshyt.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Joe Rogan was shown on camera calling Black people APES. Within a few weeks, dudes in different subforums were back to posting his content as if it never happened.

I used the "ignore thread" function, but I'm sure the threads are still up.

Kyrie is being bullied here, though. And it's bullshyt.
Kyrie is but that is the point.You play for a team that is in an borough that has more Jews than most places. He had more than a week after shyt blew up to simply apologize, but he did not. Gave a half assed one and only after getting suspended did he apologize. We would not be here if he just did that in the first place. Apologize then break the ankles of some rabbi in Borough Park and take some pictures.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Kyrie is but that is the point.You play for a team that is in an borough that has more Jews than most places. He had more than a week after shyt blew up to simply apologize, but he did not. Gave a half ass one and only after getting suspended did he apologize. We would not be here if he just did that in the first place. Apologize then break the ankles of some rabbi in Borough Park and take some pictures.
Here is where I disagree. Once he issues the apology and pledges the funds, the goal posts were moved. "It wasn't a sincere apology""He didn't say the words we wanted to hear"
Wait, WHAT?

"Now, his suspension won't get lifted until/unless he does x,y, a and meets with the people we decide he has to meet with"

That's bullying any way you look at it.
And I'm on record as being one of his biggest critics prior to this blowup.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Here is where I disagree. Once he issues the apology and pledges the funds, the goal posts were moved. "It wasn't a sincere apology""He didn't say the words we wanted to hear"
Wait, WHAT?

"Now, his suspension won't get lifted until/unless he does x,y, a and meets with the people we decide he has to meet with"

That's bullying any way you look at it.
And I'm on record as being one of his biggest critics prior to this blowup.
If i did something to you that you required an apology from me, and first i do nothing. Then i tell you essentially "I'm sorry that you took it that way", are you not going to get pissed and be on my head after that? Plus Kyrie has been causing the Nets headaches since he has been there, they have no more patience with him.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If i did something to you that you required an apology from me, and first i do nothing. Then i tell you essentially "I'm sorry that you took it that way", are you not going to get pissed and be on my head after that? Plus Kyrie has been causing the Nets headaches since he has been there, they have no more patience with him.
You're comparing the dynamics of a personal relationship to Kyrie's relationship with his employer, The Brooklyn Nets.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
You're comparing the dynamics of a personal relationship to Kyrie's relationship with his employer, The Brooklyn Nets.
Similar. They gave him chances to "right the ship" and he kept dragging his feet. Even if the Nets did nothing the commissioner could and probably would suspend him. He hopefully is a lesson to others to not only conduct yourself as a professional but nip problems in the bud immediately.

Daps
Ant was in public antagonizing a group of people minding their business, which makes his worse imo regardless if he apologized. On top of that he was using slur like words lmao
So if you believe what he did is worse, yet still didn't receive the degree of backlash, it should tell you where Kyrie went wrong, right?

I'm not directing this at you, but I'm sick and tired of brothas acting stupid; grown ass men dumbing themselves down all because they don't want to admit they're in the wrong, trying to make this about Kyrie standing for some greater truth. It's disrespectful to our own who actually stood for something that was of worth, not someone who threw themselves on a sword of Nazi sympathizer agitprop.